The End Cutscene Discussion [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS]

Monopoly Mac

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody.... Had better get that EFFING super easter egg done, and TELL ME that there's a better ending then THAT. 

8 Years of hidden clues, HARRPS, nazi technology, cthulu rituals, ciborg russian zombies, blowing up the earth.... How... How can it all end like this. 

No lesson learned, no proper foretelling of the future or what happened. No betrayal, no fucking insight to shit. 

Just this bullshit character we were introduced to vaguely practically a year ago, who has gone from a nobody, to the guy who controls perks, to fucking god I guess. NO backstory, NO practicality. 

Then wtf is up with SOPHIA? A character who was brought up MAYBE ONCE in bo1, now is the key to killing the shadow man and ending the apothicons? Meanwhile a key character like richtofen practically stays silent this whole run?!

Then just Primis? Primis didn't fail! Primis just fucking appeared at the end! Oh yay, our reward for all that was.... we got to become templars? Nikolai wanted to return to his family, to which, all of them had. The children are no longer safe, they're non-existent. They disappeared with the apothicon sun! 

Holy FUCK I'm pissed. I could write a better ending for that in a MARGWA HEART BEAT. 

I swear... There better be a hidden wave gun somewhere on this map......

So gutted.... What a disappointment. 8 Years, so many hours, days, months put into this for a 1 minute cutscence.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MINI MOVIE ENDING!!!

The Children & the house have nothing to do with anything in the story.

Maxis, Samantha & Eddie???

Blood Vials?

Waiting for some back story???????????????

Still waiting.

PRIMIS FAILED? 

More like TREYARCH FAILED!!!

Don't know if I'll ever play COD: Zombies again - R.I.P. Zombies

This cutscene was atrocious. Completely horrible and not a satisfying ending. I pictures something like this, Monty thanks the characters for their help. As their reward, he grants them all a second chance at a real life. They all get their own universe where their lives are perfect. Dempsey is respected as an American hero, Monty grants Nikolais his wife back, Takeo returns to Japan and becomes the Emperor, Richtofen is a famous scientist, Maxis and Sophia get their own world and bodies back, and the kids are left with Monty, safe and sound. All we got was a disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

You know what, I'm not nearly as disappointed as everyone here. Hm... I guess I kinda expect this now. Anyhow, I've heard rumors there are two endings to this one. Do you guys think this is true? I'm not so sure.

Also, what was with the stuff with Sophia? I didn't quite get it.

Oh but I do think it is cool to finally to know how they got back to the past, even if it was already obvious that it had to happen at some point.

14 minutes ago, MysteryMachineX said:

You know what, I'm not nearly as disappointed as everyone here. Hm... I guess I kinda expect this now. Anyhow, I've heard rumors there are two endings to this one. Do you guys think this is true? I'm not so sure.

Oh but I do think it is cool to finally to know how they got back to the past, even if it was already obvious that it had to happen at some point.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Revelations_(map)/Radios_and_Wisps#Aduio_Reel_.233

I honestly do not care about PRIMIS. All I wanted was Samantha. She has been a central character, and the fact she got one voice line (which was just a cry in the TG intro), and a 5 second appearance in the Rev intro is disgusting. The Origins timeline started off with her being saved. What the hell. I am so disappointed. This feels like TWD S6 Finale all over again. There may be a continuation, but you've screwed it up forever. The final cutscene. The one you get after beating the big bad, should explain it all. God damn.

• Moderators

My first reaction is, like most people, disappointed. But do you really think this is it? What happened when that universe collapsed? The bloodvials? Where exactly are Primis teleported to? What happened to Monty, Maxis, SOPHIA, Gersch, the kids and so many more. What exactly happened in the Very First Great War between the Keepers and Apothicans. What exactly are the Keepers? Unsolved ciphers? U found Easter Eggs? The Forrest? Agartha/Aether? Piramids, Vimanas, the Black Sun and Vrill Ya? So many questions, so theorists and EE hunters, the story is not over. Not even close!

"This is not a sprint, this is a marathon!"-Richthofen

Alright, after reading through this topic, I know for a fact that I am an outlier. I think that ending was beyond perfect.

Here's why:

*The things that ABSOLUTELY needed explaining were explained, and indirectly (which I think is a good thing).

But here is what makes me overjoyed with this ending:

*They didn't answer everything. The opportunities for theories just skyrocketed. A way for the theory community to live on was given. The things that needed to be clear were clearly stated, and now the theorists can take up the torch. I know I certainly will!

• Tech Admin

Honestly, if Blundell is the story man and responsible for the direction - which we know he is. Then he is solely responsible for BOIII and the utter disgrace he brought to the franchise and to the ending of this story.

We bought into this for years and all he has done is ignore pretty much everything that was before BOII and took us on a widl tangent of aliens and apothicons and utter fucking drivel.

Compete and total waste of my time to be honest, I only like Der Eisendrache and Gorod Krovi, even BOII was better than this shite (in fairness two of my favourite maps were on BOII, MoTD and Origins).

22 minutes ago, Hells Warrrior said:

Honestly, if Blundell is the story man and responsible for the direction - which we know he is. Then he is solely responsible for BOIII and the utter disgrace he brought to the franchise and to the ending of this story.

We bought into this for years and all he has done is ignore pretty much everything that was before BOII and took us on a widl tangent of aliens and apothicons and utter fucking drivel.

Compete and total waste of my time to be honest, I only like Der Eisendrache and Gorod Krovi, even BOII was better than this shite (in fairness two of my favourite maps were on BOII, MoTD and Origins).

Absolutely could not agree more. He tried to appease us long time players by grasping for loose ties to the real story, but as far as I'm concerned, Blundell's story is nothing more than shitty CoD zombies Star Trek fan fiction

6 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

I think there is another ending or at least something coming down the line. Call me delusional, but I think there is more to this ending- my first thought was we didn't break the cycle! We are back to the beginning! 

Monty sent the O4 back in time and they became the fabled heroes we saw in the Origins' parchment. If the threat to the multiverse was all said and done, why would he dump them at that point and time? Honestly, I thought they were going to be sent to the forest.

Unless this is some random pocket dimension with no significance, Monty wants this cycle to continue. My guess is he wants all of these events to play out in a similar manner if not the exact same manner. Maybe this time, it only happens in one universe. He seems to be friendly towards Al, the only human to break the cycle. Thus, I would assume he wants to keep the others trapped in a never ending cycle. He hates human free will and to doom someone to an inescapable fate would be a fantastic way of taking away that free will.

I think the real question here is what are Monty's motives. He is obsessed with creating a perfect world and despises Human free will. Is he a vengeful god/deity? Or is he at odds with something else? He sends the O4 back in time to set a chain of events in motion again. 

I may be way off, but like everyone else, I feel this ending gives no closure to the story. Remember, the same thing happened with the Origins ee cutscene. People were saying the same thing that zombies was ruined. I really hope there is more. 

So far, I have been able to grasp a small idea of what I think is going on in this ending that we have been given. Monty isn't evil. He has the interest of the children to think about. If we take away all that has happened in BO and parts of BO2 we can see how this is a kind of cycle. The problem is incorporating the illegitimate past with the legitimate present. We have no idea what is legitimate or illegitimate. What we do know is that SoE Universe has been squashed. Removed from existence. What we know from the events of The Giant, is that Evil Rick has been murdered by PRIMIS Rick. This caused a new chain of events to take place. This could also mean that all of the events in BO and parts of the events in BO2 could have been re-written.

However, with the blood vials in existence, this creates a whole new perspective. Small fragments of BO and BO2 still exist thanks to the blood vials. This is why SoE was even in existence, it was never real. It was a corner of the universe that Shadow Man manipulated in order to consume the universe and use the Summoning Key. What we don't know is what from BO and BO2 universes still exist? The PRIMIS four obviously and quite possibly our Tranzit crew. What's next in this story remains a mystery because although the ending of the cutscene concluded with "THE END". It doesn't mean The End for everything. It means The End for PRIMIS and THIS cycle. They have lived their purpose and have set a one true reality straight. With new enlightenment thanks to Monty, they were sent to a corner of the universe where they can be worshiped for their trials and praised for their triumphs. It's a place where they can wait, too. For a new disaster to strike and for a new timeline to be fixed. This, in terms of story telling, sets up millions of adventures that may have not been told yet. That, surely, we have seen in murals throughout this DLC season.

It is possible that Evil Rick knew of the nature behind Takeo, Nikolai, and Dempsey. It's even more-so possible that in this new timeline in the corner of the universe, they have no names and are known collectively as PRIMIS. It is absolutely possible to say that throughout BO and BO2, Evil Rick was working on behalf of the Apothicans. Almost as a type of Shadow Man. Evil Rick could have just as well been listening to the Shadow Man's voice and mistook it for the illuminati. Even more-so, Evil Rick could have known about the Aether but not the Dark Aether, and subsequently was corrupted by the Darkness which lead him to having the 115 delusions. On top of all of this, it's absolutely possible to say that the MPD is what causes all the corruption. It is an Apothican-made device that harnesses the Dark Aether. Whereas, what we saw in Der Eisendrache was the Keeper MPD that harnesses regular, pure Aether.

Yet, if we look at the cycle without our PRIMIS characters and if we look at PRIMIS as not defined by the characters in the group but by the characteristics of the people within this group, it's completely fair to say that the PRIMIS Cycle is a cycle of war between Monty and Shadow Man. As Shadow Man stands today, he is a type of Doom-Bringer. The Devil of our story. Yet, he is not your conventional devil. He is a corrupt keeper that now serves an evil that lives off consumption of universes and planets. From Monty's perspective, the only reason PRIMIS consists of these four characters is because these four characters caused the initial kerfuffle. Basically, PRIMIS is the very beginning. PRIMIS is the original Origins. Whereas Origins is the distorted version thanks to Monty's well intended tampering.

TL;DR The events of BO and BO2 were erased but are still in small fragments thanks to the blood vials. The cycle begins at Origins and starts again with PRIMIS ending. Meaning, the PRIMIS universe/timeline could be an infinite place of imagination, lost somewhere in the infinite universe. However, after the events of BO, PRIMIS was entangled in the entirety of the universe, causing a stroke. This Stroke caught Monty's attention and after realizing how fucked everything was, Monty began a campaign to enlist the help of the PRIMIS characters by getting the children to create a new beginning. This new beginning consisted of Four Ancient warriors sent to tame the evil. Sent from where, though? From the imagination. Where PRIMIS exists forever unt ever. Monty is simply guiding the children's imagination in the direction of positive thinking and closure so that their nightmares of the past can be laid to rest.

The only thing that stands out to me is the house. Where in the universe is the house? Is the House supposed to represent reality? How the imagination of the children, coupled with the awesome power of 115, managed to corrupt and distort actuality? My opinion on this ending for Zombies this season is that it has answered more and asked more than any other map out there in the omniverse. We've learned that the PRIMIS cycle works like a type of Fail Safe against the Shadow Man and that it is possible for there to be corners of the universe, isolated from logic and reality. We've learned that Shadow Man AND Monty can manipulate distorted realities but can not control the actions of Free Willed Humans. We now have to ask, where the House is in the entirety of the Universe. How is it that Monty can exist in said Universe without causing a type of distortion? What reality does PRIMIS exist in, if it does in fact exist in reality. And finally, where was Shadow Man and this Dark Evil taken to? Takeo himself said, "Evil, much like energy, cannot be destroyed... only transferred." So, Monty and our PRIMIS characters only sent Shadow Man away, they didn't destroy him. Meaning, Shadow Man has every chance to come back and do it all over again. And now, with PRIMIS being sent into their own timeline, THEY too can return and send Shadow Man back again. The only question is where The House lies on the universal equation. We know that BO and BO2 have individual events that connect over that time period but now have all been erased and re-written thanks to PRIMIS. Even still, the possibility of the existence of all previous characters is still viable if not sensible to come back to in order to re-write their stories and to become their own PRIMIS. In a sense, all the evil that was done upon the Earth and the universes Earth exists on can be transferred into a light, heroic place. All depending on Free Willed Humans to make the right choice. Much like the Presidential Race in America.

TL;DR Part 2: The story still left many holes but filled in the more important holes that was necessary to create, as Blundell put it, "Brackets around the general story". It leaves it open to interpretation as well as allowing enough story telling space for another Director to take the story in a new direction. This ending also allows the PC community to create anything they want and it could be canon as far as the Original tale is concerned. Based on how PRIMIS erased the past and was sent to a corner of the universe where they rule with staffs, PC community made maps can be made canon if told correctly. For example, if this hypothesis of PRIMIS being lost in the infinite universe of imagination were to be true, than this would mean any child coupled with the raw power of 115 can manipulate reality in order to create new worlds. In a sense, we become the children creating new worlds, new stories, and new characters for PRIMIS to embody within the maps we create.

It was so great to finally see the ending come to this. It's actually what I've been hoping for the entire time. An ending that reals in the loose ends and creates more loose ends for us to actually play with. It's like the ending to The Grey. No one's for sure if Liam Neeson actually fought the horde of wolves. Yet, we all love to dream about it.

I didn't play any of the Bo2 maps because i had no console at the time so forgive me if some parts are wrong.

Monty says that he can start making things nice again, since shadow man and the apothicons are gone. But then he sends the crew to Primis. Why do that when he knows the cycle will continue? Unless his plan was to keep the cycle going, but warn the crew about maxis letting shadow man out, thus preventing the release of the apothicons and everything getting screwed up. 

Something still seems off about Monty though, it seems like he has another agenda.

I've heard rumors about a super easter egg, which will only be doable when the map releases for xbox and pc. Maybe this will change what we know? Or create a different ending.

Also. Has anyone confirmed whether the easter egg is different if you havent completed the other easter eggs in previous maps? With the little icons on the map selection they show in multiplayer games how many easter eggs have been completed between the players. I doubt treyarch would put that in for cosmetic reasons. I have a feeling this rumoured super easter egg can only be completed by 4 players, and all 4 players must have all previous easter eggs completed. This might change the ending, or give more details.

Overall though, all that effort for just a 2 minute cutscene is pretty bad. I wasnt impressed with it. It makes sense, the story seems like its been closed off and all sorted out, but they could have made it abit longer, more detailed. Its kinda like travelling miles away because you heard that an ice cream shop has the biggest, best ice cream sundae, only to get there and find the big sundae is like a regular bowl just about filled with ice cream, with no flake or sprinkles. Its just disappointing.

Lol you know it's bad when the general community thinks it's bad, not surprised to see you guys mostly agree.

I mean, I never expected a great ending - this whole BO3 saga has been a massive tangent, introducing too many new things and not even explaining itself, let alone the previous loose ends we wanted answers for.

What of the children? My guess is that the toys we collect with the Uplink ball, I mean, Summoning Key, are representative of the children's souls. Dunno why they'd be scattered round the map though. I don't understand why combining all those souls and flying into the apothicon sun would cause a singularity. And the way Sophia suddenly has dimension jump capabilities and knows what to do is absurd.

I wish they had focused on Group 935 and their technology more, and that the Apothicons were never a thing. Primis, sure, that's alright I guess, but they still don't explain that either. What did Primis even achieve in the past? We aren't shown anything other than the carving of the Great War. All the ending does it let Treyarch make a new $tory where we play a$ Primi$.

I can't remember who on youtube said it now but "eight years to shoot a laser out of a book at a squid?!?!!"

Archived