Doppelgänger

Prior to Gorod Krovi, the last we had time we heard mention of Sophia was in Der Reise. Then we were introduced, rather suddenly, to S.O.P.H.I.A, the Strategic Operations Planning Heuristics Intelligence Analyser. 

This robotic version of Doctor Maxis' secretary is odd, expecially when you consider Richtofen's quote upon meeting her in Gorod Krovi.

"Uh... Believe it or not, S.O.P.H.I.A used to be Maxis' secretary. How she became a machine, I know not."

This is proof that Sophia was not always an Artificial Intelligence, and the histroy to her transformation has been revealed in a radio, found in Revelations.

"After weeks of failure and concentration, Dr.Maxis finally achieved the breakthrough he had been searching for. The results were immediate and startling. In the case of subject 26 his instances of violent outbursts were non-existent. His docility appeared permanently. Unfortunately while we prepared to implement the treatment on the other subjects, there was… an incident.  During his field tests this morning, Subject 26 attacked a handler. 26 and the handler were both destroyed. Maxis believed that 26 only attacked the handler. He does not know I was attacked as well. I have observed a developing pattern of high fevers and cold sweats. My thoughts are erratic. My relationship with Ludvig is complicated. I fear I cannot keep this secret from him for long."

It's clear that Sophia met a similar fate to Maxis in Origins. Slowly succumbing to the bite she recieved, her brain was removed and her consciousness was placed into the machine we see in Gorod Krovi, saving her from turning. It isn't clear who went through the process of removing her brain, but it is clearly not Richtofen, at least not this Richtofen.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I keep thinking that I've heard all the radios. Would you be able to provide a link for this radio somewhere so we can listen to it?

Btw, how does Origins Richtofen even know who Sophia is? I guess he just seems to know everything these days...

Also, the guy in the Kino der Toten radios was probably 26's handler. He must've died in this timeline. EDIT Actually no never mind.

• Moderators

"Dr. Ludvig Maxis: Another setback, patient two-six was killed this morning in a field test. He lost control and attacked one of our handlers. His injuries were minor but patient two-six was destroyed. The break in programming coincided with the flashing lights and loud noises of the fire alarm in the test facility.
*Knocking on door*
Dr. Ludvig Maxis: One moment!
*Knocking repeats*
Dr. Ludvig Maxis: What is it?!"

No one seemed to know who was knocking on the door, but now I think we know....Its Sophia who is going to tell Maxis what happened.

7 minutes ago, anonymous said:

No one seemed to know who was knocking on the door, but now I think we know....Its Sophia who is going to tell Maxis what happened.

Different timeline.

In Kino, Subject 26 is killed after injuring a handler. The test here is overseen by some unidentified man (it's not Maxis, like MMX said, voices don't match up).

In this universe, both Subject 26 and the handler are killed, and the role of the unidentified male is replaced by Sophia.

@MysteryMachineX 

He knew Maxis quite well and Maxis had some kind of relationship with Sophia, surely Richtofen would've seen the two around at some point prior to Origins, and Maxis would've undoubtedly told Richtofen about her fate.

1 hour ago, MysteryMachineX said:

The guy in the Kino radios isn't Maxis... His accent is completely off, and he sounds older. But he isn't the handler either. Probably just some middle man. Honestly many radios have unidentified speakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPf2Rd0Buco

Bear in mind that in those days, Maxis' voice did go through a few little changes. He isn't the only one who sounds different in various radios. In all honesty, it makes perfect sense for that person to be Maxis. Why would they make it some random individual?

1 hour ago, DragonGJY said:

Yup. I think in Original Kino the handler was only INJURED. So Sophia's mentioning them being "both destoryed": What does it entails?

In both radios, Subject 26 and the handler are destroyed. 26 was terminated for obvious reasons, and the handler was killed to stop him from turning. Does that answer your question? 

1 minute ago, Doppelgänger said:

In both radios, Subject 26 and the handler are destroyed. 26 was terminated for obvious reasons, and the handler was killed to stop him from turning. Does that answer your question? 

Another setback, patient two-six was killed this morning in a field test. He lost control and attacked one of our handlers. His injuries were minor but patient two-six was destroyed.

I think this is the radio in Kino, I admit that for years I take that last sentence as "The handler's injuries were minor (Which means he might not have died), yet 2-6 was destroyed."

Correct me if I am wrong tho!

Maxis's voice hasn't changed that much. He sounds similar in all radios and quotes. Although Der Riese has his first recordings and they do sound a bit different, you can still clearly tell that it is him just by the voice alone. The guy in Kino might not even be German. Or at least not like Maxis. Why would it be someone else? There are plenty of radios with unknown speakers. There's nothing saying it has to be Maxis. And with the voices not matching up, I don't think it is fair to say so.

• Moderators

A Kino quote of Richthofen: "Dr. Maxis almost had his undead army, if only he could break the trust barrier". In that same building (Kino) we find radios in which a man (with another voice then we know of Maxis) talks about subject 26. Now in Revelations, we find a radio in which Sophia talks of subject 26. Of course, there is a chance that the Kino radios aren't Maxis, but it would be much more likely if he is.

I can't really debate this beyond the fact that A =/= B. His voice is not Maxis's voice. Therefore likelihood has nothing to do with it. It just isn't him. I mean there's a radio where a girl says things only Cornelius could have known. Does that make them the same person? Is Cornelius a woman? Did he change his gender? Of course not. Besides, Group 935 had more than three people employed. I am sure Maxis could delegate. Someone had to run the place when Maxis was gone. I just cannot distinguish these two separate people's voices anymore than I already have even if I were to copy and paste their waveforms.

@anonymous does have a valid point. Richtofen's quote refers to Maxis breaking a trust barrier, raising an undead army and the radios loacated in the map involve a German male, experimenting on controlling the Subjects, i.e. Zombies. There is solid evidence pointing to the identity of tbe individual in the Kino Der Toten radios, the only counter to which is that the voice, while being played through old speakers, does not sound the same as a voice heard through another old radio. It is without a doubt, Maxis. 

German male experimenting on zombies? So

Dr. Ludvig Maxis

Dr. Edward Richtofen

Dr. Schuster

Dr. Groph

Dr. Harvey Yena

Dr. UNSUB KINO

It is without a doubt not Maxis, for the very fundamental identifier we as humans use to identify each other has mismatched him, no different than if we saw him with a different face or gender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KktrrJ-gGqY

Maxis in Der Riese at 30:30

Maxis in Moon at 34:08

Maxis in Buried at 3:30:18

NOT Maxis in Kino at 50:58

He doesn't even V his W's like him. I've done all I can do. There is the evidence.

Hmm, does that means sophia could be another problem that could corrupt the universe ?

I mean it started with Maxis when he was only a brain and that drone protected him from the influence of element 115.

Now she is only a brain just like Maxis and we helped her gain the information she need in Gorod Krovi.

59 minutes ago, TezFunz said:

Hmm, does that means sophia could be another problem that could corrupt the universe ?

I mean it started with Maxis when he was only a brain and that drone protected him from the influence of element 115.

Now she is only a brain just like Maxis and we helped her gain the information she need in Gorod Krovi.

I really doubt that. At the end of the Easter Egg, we hear her exclaim, "I must go to him," before flying off. My guess, is that she is attempting to find Maxis for some reason. The reason remains to be seen, but I do have to say I doubt it is for the sole purpose of seeing him. Perhaps she gained information from Gersch or the Valkyrie/Mangler which she needs to tell him.

Maxis wasn't the only person working in Group 935. A lot of people were, just listen to the radio.

"He lost control and attacked one of our handlers."

It's definitely not Maxis. It's a totally different voice actor.

If the person was meant to be Maxis, they would've just used Maxis' voice actor (Fred Tatasciore who also voices Nikolai) to record the radio. 

Finally, I don't think she told Maxis. He probably discoverd it himself. She wanted to keep it a secret after all. I just don't see her

"Hey Maxis I also got bit." and I don't also see her agreeing to being put into a machine.

Reel 2 was just found. It's Maxis. Obviously you'll have to wait till a good video comes out with the clean audio, but this will do.
https://clyp.it/u3dmx1yn

Maxis: "(The break in programming) coincided with the flashing lights and loud noises of the fire alarm in the test facility."

knocking on door

Maxis: "One moment"

more knocking

Maxis: "What is it?"

door opens

Sophia: "You wanted to see me Ludvig?"

Maxis: "Sophia, yes. Do come in. Sit down my dear. Have some tea."

door closes. Sophia walks over and sits down

Sophia: "Is everything alright?"

Maxis: "No, no, everything's fine. Drink your tea."

Sophia drinks tea

Maxis: "I heard a...nefarious rumor earlier. Regarding the field test with Subject 2-6. Are you feeling alright?"

Sophia: "Of course."

Maxis: "Just strange, this rumor. May I see your arm?"

Sophia: "What? No. Why do you need to see my arm?"

Maxis: "Relax Sophia, I would never hurt you. You know that right?"

Sophia: "Of course. But-"

Maxis: "And you know I care deeply for you".

Sophia: "Yes, but-"

Sophia chokes, glass falls off table and smashes. She coughs and falls to the ground.

Maxis: " Yes, yes...yes. Than you know everything I'm about to do is for your own good.

Reel 3 found. Again not the best, but it'll do.

Maxis: This is Doctor Ludwig Maxis. Beginning Preliminary Trials for the Strategic Operations Planning Heuristics Intelligence Analyser.

Machine turns on, various noises and beeping

Sophia: Hello? My god. What’s happening? Ludwig? Doctor Maxis?

Maxis: Hello Sophia.

Sophia: Where am I? It’s, so dark here. I can’t see anything.

Maxis: That’s all perfectly normal. How are you feeling?

Sophia: I feel…nothing. What have you done to me?

Maxis: I saved you Sophia. I saved you the only way I know how.

Sophia: Oh Maxis. What have you done.

Sophia gasps or cries

Archived