What is the teleporter used for in Kino?

kooldude65

Ok so. As i'm sure many of you know, the teleporter in Kino has no use that we know of. But i do have a theory and would like to hear many of your guys theory's too. My primary theory is that the teleporter is how we get to the boss fight as in past maps we have had to use different means of transport to get to the boss. (Teleporter in DE. elevator in Zets. the sewer in GK.) So do any of you guys think that the teleporter will be used in any other way if at all.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if it's going to have some function it's probably teleporting to the boss fight... or to some other step of the easter egg. But I think it's there just because it's in Kino Der Toten in BO1... I think it would be cool if it had some kind of function though. Idk if someone has found the boss area in spectator mode (or whatever) and if there's a teleport "landing pad" in the area.

5 hours ago, Schrödinger said:

Under the map, there are teleportation boxes like in Der Riese, Kino Der Toten, The Giant and Der Eisendrache.

Hide contents

1473586556-teleportationboxb.jpg

Those boxes are used to store the characters during the teleport animation after entering a portal to or from Nacht. I've noticed their character outlines pop down there briefly whenever someone enters one of the portals. They probably serve the same purpose if you use the teleporter, but they do already have a purpose on the map in the portals. I'm pretty sure the teleporter will take us to Sam's room, though.

17 hours ago, MikeCirka said:

Those boxes are used to store the characters during the teleport animation after entering a portal to or from Nacht. I've noticed their character outlines pop down there briefly whenever someone enters one of the portals. They probably serve the same purpose if you use the teleporter, but they do already have a purpose on the map in the portals. I'm pretty sure the teleporter will take us to Sam's room, though.

No, the portals use another teleportation box just below Nacht Der Untoten.

7 hours ago, Schrödinger said:

No, the portals use another teleportation box just below Nacht Der Untoten.

Oh, so there's more than just the one set? Hm... Yeah, that probably solidifies it, then. I just assumed people talking about the boxes beneath the map were referring to the Nacht ones that I had noticed... What about the tubes in the Apothican? Where are those port-boxes?

Archived