Revelations Trailer Thumbnail

Doppelgänger

223b728eb00d4b1bad10da928c09b95f.png

Boom. That's right. We have in an in-game screenshot. Originally, this image was the thumbnail for the reveal cinematic, but it was changed. What do guys think?

We've got the return of GobbleGums, floaty blue debris, and the classic Pack-a-Punch. And that is about it in regards to in-game mechanics. Of course not to mention,this map looks freaking huge. However, I'm not sure what will be our mode of transportation to get from island to island. We know we can get to the other floating rocks, because in the top left, we see the Mystery Box light on the huge floating island.

3c4329510a7f4b36922e1161f6b6d980.png

And to the final matter of this picture. The huge... beacon thing in the background. We've seen this before, in the teasers on both Snapchat and YouTube. In this image, the object is emitting a blue light into the sky, which is very similar to the light in the sky when the Mystery Box is present. This got me thinking. What if these are our modes of transportation. Instead of using Wunderspheres, Ziplines, Sewers or Dragons, we're using these strange spires to travel from place to place. It could mean that that other light in the sky is another one of these objects, and not a box at all. It's unlikely that the light isn't the box. But I do believe these also will create beams of light as does the box..

2752332b7e924d62931ebaa7ea602afb.png7be368f2fba446348cd0442a61f46248.png7c1995e67bef41cb8b1bed1c135b3499.png

Anything else you guys can spot?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

On 2:57 you see an Apothican space-worm (excuse me if that sounds bad) shooting a 115-meteorite though a portal, I guess to Earth. Is that how 115 gets on earth? Was it always a strategy of the Apothicans to zombify dead bodies and so create chaos on Earth?

Oh, in the prologue trailer? Yeah, I noticed that too. Personally, I don't like the idea of the Apothicons being the source of Element 115. It's extremely silly and ridiculous. It doesn't make it an element anymore. We should just call it Divinium now.

I much preferred having it come from meteors. It was really the only "fantastical" theme that was present in the previous story, but it worked. They could have just ran with that throughout Black Ops 3 and it would have been fine. What do you think about it?

I'm not sure if it was their strategy. In this universe, probably.

• Moderators

Sorry, I just saw the Prologue, the Sneak Peak and the Monty videos for the first time so Im not exacly sure what happened in which video. What I think is really well done in BO3 is that all kinds of religions appear to be the same: The Egyptian, the Scandinavian, Lovecraft, Nazi (Vrill) Mythos and more. Its all one and the same now. But indeed, it would be bad if the mysterious Element 115 in the end appears to be the vomit of the Apothicans. And I prefer the name Element 115 over Divinium.

On 8/28/2016 at 6:18 AM, Doppelgänger said:

Oh, in the prologue trailer? Yeah, I noticed that too. Personally, I don't like the idea of the Apothicons being the source of Element 115. It's extremely silly and ridiculous. It doesn't make it an element anymore. We should just call it Divinium now.

I much preferred having it come from meteors. It was really the only "fantastical" theme that was present in the previous story, but it worked. They could have just ran with that throughout Black Ops 3 and it would have been fine. What do you think about it?

I'm not sure if it was their strategy. In this universe, probably.

I always felt that 115 needed an explanation, and I had wondered for a long time about how it would work with 115 actually being discovered in real life. Basically, how I saw it was this: They discovered this strange matter and upon inspection, it appeared to have 115 protons per atomic nuclei, thus "element 115". This was entirely different to the actual atomic element 115 of our dimension (ununpentium or "Moscovium" as they have suggested naming it).

This isn't necessarily saying that the Apothicons are the only source of 115 on Earth. It is merely showing where it originates from, and that is perfectly fine in my book. I would also like to point out the massive change in the aesthetic design for 115. It was originally a rugged brown with accents of a deep orange. Post-Origins (bar Shadows of Evil), 115 has had the design of being grey with an etching of concentric circles and blue accents. I would also like to point out that there is a prominent blue aura in this space-like dimension (I presume it to be the Aether), but there is also a prominent red aura. It is possible that there are two different types of 115.

Archived