Why did the Shadowman create a tesseract?

yung pup

It seems pretty clear from the new Revelations trailer that the Shadowman has managed to teleport the Children's House and countryside into a sort of condensed space timey-wimey that also includes areas from maps we've seen before in the past (Nacht, MotD, etc). The scraps collected around Shadows of Evil seem to foreshadow this occurrence in retrospect.

072b0c7dae0b942758ff3ae03ae5ab87.jpg

The Apothicans in the most recent trailer seem to be tying these dimensions together using 115, as its purpose described by the note is "the tread holding it all together".

714966bd026c55564d83c895df2ec7ce.jpg

The Apothicans are siphoning these solidified pieces of 115 from that one huge blob of it nearby:

96f0c5c84943fbed0425e4665dd940de.jpg

Does anyone have any theories on perhaps why the Apothicans are drawing all of these dimensions into one place besides for nostalgia for the good ol' dedicated zombie player?

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are just sending divinium into a bunch of random universes, trying to spread their influence as far as they can. As for why those locations were all brought together, I think character quotes will activate when entering the areas we have seen before. These quotes will reflect on the significance of each location, and then conversations and maybe radios will explain why all of it came together.

Also, can you explain why you named this topic the way you did? There are several tesseracts that we have seen in Zombies, but the only one that we have physically seen is the Summoning Key. The Summoning Key is basically a tesseract inside of a tesseract (some serious interdimensional inception sh*t), with whatever the f*ck is powering it in the center.

I took it as the Apothicons are launching chunks of 115 into each dimension/whatever in order to eventually guide those who come into contact with it to destroy their universe and leave it ripe for them to take over. I feel that's the reason why 115 ever landed on Earth, and why Richtofen and Maxis ended up destroying Earth in the original timeline. The voices were the Apothicons and Shadow Man.

115 may bind the universe together, but it looks like the Apothicons corrupt it when they take it and ship it through the universe.

39 minutes ago, Chopperface said:

I took it as the Apothicons are launching chunks of 115 into each dimension/whatever in order to eventually guide those who come into contact with it to destroy their universe and leave it ripe for them to take over. I feel that's the reason why 115 ever landed on Earth, and why Richtofen and Maxis ended up destroying Earth in the original timeline. The voices were the Apothicons and Shadow Man.

115 may bind the universe together, but it looks like the Apothicons corrupt it when they take it and ship it through the universe.

You pretty much got it right. The only thing is that we don't know for sure who the voices in W@W/BO1 Richtofen's head were. Could be Keepers, could be Apothicons, right now we don't know for sure. But the whole thing with them sending 115 into other dimensions and universes to eventually cause the apocalypse is dead on.

However, the Apothicons don't corrupt 115. It is extremely powerful and dangerous, and originates from the Aether, which in turn is a place beyond our perception. What the Apothicons are doing is sending 115 into lower dimensions, in which 115 should not exist. This is the reason for 115 "displacing" things, because it originates in a dimension where time and space are entirely different than what we know.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to say that its abundantly clear that where ever 115 is located is a place that the Apothicons can reach. It appears that its considered their link to that dimension. That would also be why they are sending it to other dimensions. If it exists there then they can have substantial influence in that dimension as a product from their own dimension would now exist in that other plane of existence.

Archived