Something that has been bothering me about the Dr Monty Memory Segment

Dr. Monty

So as we know the Dr Monty thing was released and we know he is a person but thats not why i made this topic i made this topic to talk about the most important thing he said in my mind in the segment the line i am referring to is this one "You Changed the rules" that has been bothering me ever since i first watched a reaction by Mrrolfwaffles(Damn me to hell if i spelled it wrong) and i just wonder, Did Monty actually have rules set up for this whole thing from the start of the zombies mode? Did he have rules set up for the origins crew? 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, welcome to the site!

That trailer, in my opinion at least, was absolutely perfect. It shone light on my area of study in the zombies universe, that being Aether.

I rewatched the part where he says that line over and over again, and he doesn't actually say "You changed the rules" like most people think. What he actually said is "You change the rules". Present tense, not past tense. And that really changes what people think about what he was saying with that line.

As for whether he was the one to set up "the rules" or not will really boil down to whether or not he was lying when he claims to be an omnipotent entity that created free will. If he was telling the truth, which I believe he is, just not necessarily in the way people think, then he would have set up or helped set up "the rules". If he was lying, then he probably didn't set up "the rules".

17 minutes ago, I4mThoR said:

Could "the rules" just refer to the whole space time continueum (bad spelling I know) as we all know from time travelling syfy shows that there are rules that you cant change something in the past or else the future will be unknown. Just my take on it.

The space-time continuum is space and time interwoven as one concept. However with this model, going backwards through time and stopping time entirely are not possible. Without implementing the concept of multiverses into the W@W and BO1 story-arc, we have to assume that backwards time travel exists. Also, the existence of things such as the Shangri-La Easter Egg and the Time Bomb in Buried show irrefutable backwards time travel, albeit for a limited time.

While this could be why he is saying "you change the rules" and "there are certain things that you can't ever change", I doubt it. Time travel has been a widely accepted concept in Zombies lore for a very long time. What I think, is that Richtofen is trying to use the blood vials as an "insurance policy" to defy the laws of life and death. He knows that he is going to die, and it is becoming clear that the others are starting to realize this as well. With what we now know of the Aether, it is seeming more and more likely that MotD is not in a universe, but rather in the Aether. It will be fascinating to find out where the other blood vials came from, and what exactly they will be used for.

I think one thing to remember is "only the cursed survive". That line was seen all over the place back in SoE, but it really didn't seem to have much significance there. I think it was foreshadowing what is to come. They have done this before with the radio in Tranzit that said that Maxis was going to kill them all.

2 hours ago, AetherialVoices said:

It will be fascinating to find out where the other blood vials came from, and what exactly they will be used for.

Finally the lab is almost complete. Security measures have been put in place so the chance of detection by the Americans is very unlikely. We also have several agents embedded with the staff as insurance. We will keep the individuals in stasis, on ice to speak, and continue the specimen rotation once we finish drawing more power from the drill. Oh, I almost forgot, the sequencing for the current blood samples is as follows: SSMJABR

Another note: I watched the Memory segement back and he did say Changed not change.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Monty said:

Finally the lab is almost complete. Security measures have been put in place so the chance of detection by the Americans is very unlikely. We also have several agents embedded with the staff as insurance. We will keep the individuals in stasis, on ice to speak, and continue the specimen rotation once we finish drawing more power from the drill. Oh, I almost forgot, the sequencing for the current blood samples is as follows: SSMJABR

True, that could be it... However, we have to remember this:

"... MAXIS, HAVE YOU FOUND THE SPACE-TIME COORDINATES FOR THE OTHER INDIVIDUALS I ASKED YOU FOR... ITS IMPERATIVE THAT WE FIND THEM AS WELL... YOU MUST TRUST ME ON THIS... FOR MY PLAN TO WORK, WE NEED THEIR BLOOD"

These two messages give really different impressions. The first gives the impression that they had samples of their blood and were going to be using them for testing or something.

The second gives the impression that there are scattered individuals that they have to track down and take their blood. This also goes with the character quotes in Gorod Krovi where they mention going all over the place getting the blood vials.

I think that these are two separate sets of blood.

3 minutes ago, AetherialVoices said:

True, that could be it... However, we have to remember this:

"... MAXIS, HAVE YOU FOUND THE SPACE-TIME COORDINATES FOR THE OTHER INDIVIDUALS I ASKED YOU FOR... ITS IMPERATIVE THAT WE FIND THEM AS WELL... YOU MUST TRUST ME ON THIS... FOR MY PLAN TO WORK, WE NEED THEIR BLOOD"

These two messages give really different impressions. The first gives the impression that they had samples of their blood and were going to be using them for testing or something.

The second gives the impression that there are scattered individuals that they have to track down and take their blood. This also goes with the character quotes in Gorod Krovi where they mention going all over the place getting the blood vials.

I think that these are two separate sets of blood.

I think that the Blood vials from the Tranzit crew as that's what the specimens who were mentioned in the Cipher had themselves and their blood vials Scattered and the origins crew had to go to the different locations to get the vials of the Tranzit crew. You got to remember that origins richtofen went searching for the summoning key and the kronorium which we found out was a book and he visited the tranzit crew along his journey.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Monty said:

I think that the Blood vials from the Tranzit crew as that's what the specimens who were mentioned in the Cipher had themselves and their blood vials Scattered and the origins crew had to go to the different locations to get the vials of the Tranzit crew. You got to remember that origins richtofen went searching for the summoning key and the kronorium which we found out was a book and he visited the tranzit crew along his journey.

It could be that they were scattered and were collected by another group like 935.

The order of events that we know of is this:

*"He" (presumably Monty) tells Maxis the location of a book called the Kronorium, and tells him to have Richtofen acquire it.

*Richtofen enlists the help of the Tranzit crew in finding and acquiring the Kronorium.

*Richtofen is "armed with the knowledge gained from the Kronorium".

*Richtofen enters the realm of Shadows of Evil, and secures the Summoning Key from the outstretched arm of a Keeper garbed in a black robe.

*Richtofen enters the universe of The Giant and is reunited with Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo. They last saw each other two years before this.

Archived