A theory that is sticking to me...

Stop Mocking Me0

Before the Monty memories segment,  I had previously associated Monty with being the formless one. We'd never seen him before, and he's been arround for a while.  However,  now we know Monty is an actual person of sorts. 

People have been theorizing about who he is,  and one idea that came up was that he was Al Arlington.  The Weasel. 

This started with the finger less gloves the two characters share.  

Here's where things get... Sticky... The weasel is the ONLY known character in the series to have written comic books...  Like the loading screens from the beginning...  He's also ascended from MOTD, which at the time was the most evil place on earth, a hot-spot for the dark aether.  We even see the ultimate evil in satanic form attack Al and his friends. After,  Al presumably escapes, as he broke the cycle.  

Before we could have thought he just ascended into heaven, the afterlife,  OR just fucked off... But what if he went to the house...

What if he created comics based off what he saw...  The perks in MOTD aren't phasing in and out of reality because they're in hell,  but because they are in flux of existence.  If the cycle continues,  weasel never MAKES the perks,  thus they stop existing. However if and when it breaks,  he escapes and brings the perks (with the exception of EC)  into existence.  

Abbreviating the weasel to W, can then be flipped to an M.  I don't know if this was the exact origin of Monty's new name...  But it's an idea.  

Richtofen knows that the blood will protect him,  and we know at the very least at the time of origins, Richtofen's blood viles are from Finn  O Leary and Sal Daluka's prisoner numbers...  If richtofen could,  he could kill Monty with the blood,  sending him BACK into the cycle he came from...  

But what REALLY kicked with me is the way he talks. Monty is foul mouthed. We see this again and again in GK with his quotes...  No one else in this series truly shares this aspect, sure Dempsey and Co. Swear all the time, but storyline characters: Groph, Shuster, Yuri, Gersh, Maxis, Samantha, The great evil, the shadow man,  even Richtofen,  NONE of them swear to the extent Monty does.  But the weasel in MOTD is shown swearing time and time again.  Of course,  just like Samantha and Eddy,  his voice is changed in the aether, and possibly with age as well...   

Personally I'm a bit skeptical of this theory...  But... DAMN...  if it's not setting of White, Yellow, and Red flags. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, the thing is, why would he keep the fingerless gloves but loose just about every other aspect of his appearance?

23 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

What if he created comics based off what he saw...  The perks in MOTD aren't phasing in and out of reality because they're in hell,  but because they are in flux of existence.  If the cycle continues,  weasel never MAKES the perks,  thus they stop existing. However if and when it breaks,  he escapes and brings the perks (with the exception of EC)  into existence.  

This is quite interesting. I'm not sure I believe it, but it is definitely an interesting and new approach to explaining it.

As for him being "The Formless One", I think that is still possible. We see him in the Aether, which can really mean just about anything.

Quick outline of what we know about the Aether:

*It is described as "another dimension"

*Souls depart the Earth upon death and go to the Aether.

*When a corpse is reanimated, the soul is pulled out of the Aether and trapped inside the zombie. Upon death, the soul returns to the Aether.

*"The Aether, The Infinite. The reality beyond. Beyond your world. Beyond your perception." The Aether and Dr Monty have both been associated with symbolism of the fourth dimension.

*The Forest that we see our characters in is in the Aether.

With the amount that we know now about the Aether, it isn't a stretch to believe that MotD is actually IN the Aether. We now know that seemingly real 3-dimensional places can exist within the Aether. We also know that all of the MotD crew had died before mid January 1934. MotD isn't in Purgatory, or Hell, or any other pre-established afterlife. Perhaps this was a metaphorical "Purgatory" designed by the "Ultimate Evil" as an eternal torment for the MotD crew. This would explain a lot actually.

Also, we don't know if Arlington actually escaped. We know that he broke the cycle, but did that end the apocalypse? Did he manage to return to the land of the living? Did he die and fade into nonexistence? I want answers to this by the end of DLC4 or the comics.

Archived