Blurryface

Black Ops III Mod Tools MEGA GUIDE

Blurryface    126

Hello everyone! I decided to make this Mega Guide to help the people who might need help when it comes to the mod tools and having a system that will allow them to run BO3 as it can be a demanding game, and also run the tools efficiently. As I don't have the mod tools yet personally, I cant yet give out too much details or information on them as they are only available to a selected few at the moment, but I will try to craft this thread together as best as I can with the information I do have, so lets begin!

Introduction

First of all, lets talking about what I'll be covering so it will be easier for you to find what you would like to know. Basic knowledge of the game is definitely going to be needed when it comes to this as you must have a very basic knowledge of how to game works and also how it looks. I plan on making a guide when the tools come out about mapping & scripting etc so we will try to not worry much about that but knowing the game is even just very basic of it is required. Another thing that I want to mention is that it will take time and effort to learn and to become good at this type of thing. If we think back to WAW, the very first custom maps where a basic square room with a few windows and basic textures, but if we look now, we have maps like MOTD remade and buildables etc in a game that had nothing like that. We have obviously moved on since then and technology has advanced so things might be easier this time around, like I said, I cant confirm that just yet. So, lets get started with a few different setups that will be able to run BO3 and the tools so that you can prepare yourself!

Computer Builds

Computers can be expensive, especially when games are getting more graphic demanding as technology goes on. So here, instead of having just the one PC build I have added 3 that will be able to run the game and tools. Low Budget - Medium Budget - High Budget.

Low Budget.

This will be the very bare minimum to run the game and will also be the cheapest if you are looking to buy yourself a setup.

Spoiler

Processor:

Intel Core i3-530 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom X4 810 2.60 GHz or better.

Memory:

6GB RAM

Graphics:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1GB / AMD Radeon HD 6970 1GB or better.

DirectX:

Version 11

Medium Budget.

This will let you run the game a lot better than the minimum but will cost more.

Spoiler

Processor:

Intel Core i5- 6600GHz

Memory:

8GB RAM

Graphics:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

DirectX:

Version 11

High Budget.

This will run the game MAX settings with well over 140fps without any drops.

Spoiler

Processor:

Intel Core i7 (your preferred GHZ)

Memory:

8GB RAM

Graphics:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980TI

DirectX:

Version 11

I'm not going into so much detail about setups as everyone is different and like to run theres different that others so I am just laying those down as a very basic guide on a good setup to run the game.

What We Know About The Tools

So far we have seen screenshots and videos of the tool and it is looking great. The UI of the tool looks simple, clean and easy enough to understand. So, about the tool. From what I have seen, we can import weapons from previous Call of Duty titles as I have seen a gameplay video of someone using the MP5. I'm not sure which game the MP5 was from but it looked similar to the one from COD4. I have also seen Takeo's Katana  being used on The Giant. From what my knowledge knows, the Katana isn't in the game yet so this must have been modelled or is giving in the program to add to the game. I have also seen custom perk machines and one where it gives you all perks in the game, just like perkaholic, meaning that we can make our own perk machines too. I haven't seen too much of the map making, but just actual gameplay of the custom maps so I cant really make a comment on how that system works at this time. I have had really good reviews about the tools and how they are easy to understand and use. Overall, the tools are looking really promising and I cant wait to get my hands on them. As soon as any other information is shared about the tools I will update this part of the thread.

Mapping & Scripting

Making custom maps might sound easy but its not just as easy as it sounds. There is a lot behind the scenes with scripting and modelling and this is what takes up most of the time. Not everyone knows how to script or has good knowledge of it or even modelling so this is where you will need to take the time to learn and use what you have learned to help you out. There is videos left over from WAW custom map making that teaches basic scripting and mapping. I'm not going to link them as there is so many but a basic YouTube search will help you out there. I would HIGHLY recommend that you do look it up as you will be needing it in the future when it comes to the tools. Having a friend help you or learn with you makes things easier as you can always help each other when you get stuck and its a great way to learn. Don't give up because you cant get something working, try again and search up the problem if you are at a dead end. Like  I said above, everyone will be learning so we can all help each other to become better. I cant really add much more into here at the moment as I don't have much knowledge of the new tools and how much better they have gotten. The tool could come with a guide for all we know so we just need to wait and see.

Time, Skill & Experience

I cant stress enough that your not going to know everyone in a day. It will take a lot of skill and a lot of time learning if you are brand new to this. There will be time where it might stress you out because something isn't working properly or because something isn't going your way. Just chill out and take your time. If you need help, ask someone and I'm sure they will help you. Mapping is fun and is a really good skill to learn, it is just very time consuming. The more you keep at it, the more experience you will gain and the more skill you will develop and you will get the hang of it sooner or later.

Mapping Guide

Coming soon.

Scripting Guide

Coming soon.

So that is my Mega Guide for now. I will update the guide as time goes on and go on to add more things when I have the time. I'm really hoping that this can help a lot of people out and I would love to have this be a place where people would come for help. I will be putting a lot of time and effort into my guide and will try to make it the very best I can. Thank you so much for checking it out, your awesome!

Have a great day! :)