Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So the frozen forest.

Quite the mystery isn't it?

But I think I have got a theory that might be true.

 

The theory in question revolves around the summoning key and what the souls see once they are inside it.

 

So when souls go into the summoning key what do they see? 

My theory is that the characters do in fact die in dlc 4 and the whole of black ops III zombies is told from the forest as some sort of retelling from within the summoning key from the origins characters souls.

 

Sorry about the short theory but if you have any changes I could make. All of the credit goes to my friend turtledude3000 on xbox for helping me come up with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a bad theory. It should mean however, that the four we kill in Shadows of Evil as well as the Shadowman would be there, but it is entirely possible that Treyarch just doesn't show that to us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blurryface    135
11 hours ago, lightningcolt69 said:

So the frozen forest.

Quite the mystery isn't it?

But I think I have got a theory that might be true.

 

The theory in question revolves around the summoning key and what the souls see once they are inside it.

 

So when souls go into the summoning key what do they see? 

My theory is that the characters do in fact die in dlc 4 and the whole of black ops III zombies is told from the forest as some sort of retelling from within the summoning key from the origins characters souls.

 

Sorry about the short theory but if you have any changes I could make. All of the credit goes to my friend turtledude3000 on xbox for helping me come up with this.

This is a good theory. Guess all we can do is wait and see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nieno69    126

Could be somewhat like this yes

But who you think should put them in the summoning key? And why? Does this power the key? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

1 hour ago, Nieno69 said:

Could be somewhat like this yes

But who you think should put them in the summoning key? And why? Does this power the key? 

I wrote this post before the takeo memory segment so I wiil include it in this reply.

At the start of the trailer we can see frames of places behind takeo. This is where the question of who is controlling the summoning key comes in. As our characters walk toward the house 115 dissillusion might kick in and make the characters turn on one another that is where monty or maxis gets the summoning key. I shall complete this at a later time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps but it really needn't go that far. Simply, those four were absorbed into it in a different manner than the others thus far. So it would make sense that everything afterward would happen differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MysteryMachineX said:

It's not a bad theory. It should mean however, that the four we kill in Shadows of Evil as well as the Shadowman would be there, but it is entirely possible that Treyarch just doesn't show that to us.

Blundell has confirmed that the Shadow Man is in there. "Well, you've got the Shadow Man in there, we've just got Dempsey in there..." -Blundell interview with NoahJ456

 

Also, I think that this is not so much where they go after they die, but rather a visualization of the character's mind. This is showing them recollecting memories, and in doing so those memories are becoming reality around them, all inside their head.

 

Now for a tiny bit of wishful thinking on what they could do for the DLC4 Easter Egg. What if at some point in the Easter Egg, the characters begin to be corrupted by the influence of the Dark Aether and each player is thrusted into the mind of their specific character? And then they have to fight off the influence of the Dark Aether inside their own mind to be able to complete their mission. They could show the characters having to relive past trials and trauma that they have endured, and in the process give craptons of backstory!

 

WHY? Why must I come up with these ideas that I want to happen so badly but probably won't? Treyarch, you better blow this one out of the f@#$ing park.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the begging part when your in the forest could be the last map because in black ops 2 they put the earth in it and all the Easter eggs were to save the world but the bo3 version has a forest and linked up with the experiments like Dempsey in derisendrache


Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Sunday, August 07, 2016 at 0:50 AM, AetherialVoices said:

Blundell has confirmed that the Shadow Man is in there. "Well, you've got the Shadow Man in there, we've just got Dempsey in there..." -Blundell interview with NoahJ456

 

Also, I think that this is not so much where they go after they die, but rather a visualization of the character's mind. This is showing them recollecting memories, and in doing so those memories are becoming reality around them, all inside their head.

 

Now for a tiny bit of wishful thinking on what they could do for the DLC4 Easter Egg. What if at some point in the Easter Egg, the characters begin to be corrupted by the influence of the Dark Aether and each player is thrusted into the mind of their specific character? And then they have to fight off the influence of the Dark Aether inside their own mind to be able to complete their mission. They could show the characters having to relive past trials and trauma that they have endured, and in the process give craptons of backstory!

 

WHY? Why must I come up with these ideas that I want to happen so badly but probably won't? Treyarch, you better blow this one out of the f@#$ing park.

This is a great piece of criticism. But I have to add something that I have forgot to add to the main post. Yes the frozen forest is in their heads but the summoning key takes that and makes it seem real so the characters can interact and minipulate the space around them (e.g. sitting down, picking up items and changing their thoughts and feelings via whats around them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Masema    1

It's a good theory. The frozen forest was described as a "Physiological experiment" that it was all in thier heads. No better place for reflection I guess. It would explain why Dempsey can see his 1.0 self. All of the characters in their memories trailer have a line that they said that indicates they will most likely die. Richtofen comes out and says it plain and simple. I think they will have to sacrifice themselves to become Primis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Castun50    16

According to the campaign the forrest is where you go when you die.....funny, everytime i die in zombies i go to a forrest......maybe its time to take some blood and wake from death? But maybe in a 1.0 form?


Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

On 8/15/2016 at 1:35 PM, Castun50 said:

According to the campaign the forrest is where you go when you die.....funny, everytime i die in zombies i go to a forrest......maybe its time to take some blood and wake from death? But maybe in a 1.0 form?

The Frozen Forest in campaign is where they go after they die, but this is not the only non-physical place we see. Remember when you enter the mind of that woman (sorry, can't remember her name)? That was before death, yet still in the mind of that character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anonymous    330

We must break the loop. How do we do that? Maybe the characters must die in order to break the loop. When you die, you see the Forrest. Maybe these are flashes of a world were the circle is broken. Maybe the character_memory videos are flashbacks of Primis of their life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×