CoDz Wiki: Open to the Public

InfestLithium

• Tech Admin
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

@Mods, just take a look at this http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges

You see the recent wiki changes: RadZakpak creates a page, and immediately after that, the wiki is spammed full again by these bots. This happens all the time. I don't know how they got on this site, but there is a way to prevent this. I hope it is possible to create the idea Rad and I suggested.

I'm on it and will get it looked into and see what I can do. The wiki and the site are independent and seperate sign ons, other than make restrictions, the only other options is disabling new registrations and manually adding users as the lin between the two is proving difficult.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

The spam has been canned. Until I get implement a more advanced security module, registrations for the Wiki has been deactivated. If you want to contribute to the Wiki, please PM me and I will manually create your account. From there, you'll be given a temporary password which is recommended to be changed to your liking.

This is just a temporary solution until we can get the problem sorted out. Thanks!

• Moderators
Just now, InfestLithium said:

The spam has been canned. Until I get implement a more advanced security module, registrations for the Wiki has been deactivated. If you want to contribute to the Wiki, please PM me and I will manually create your account. From there, you'll be given a temporary password which is recommended to be changed to your liking.

This is just a temporary solution until we can get the problem sorted out. Thanks!

No, you thanks. Those filthy bots made me feel the wiki and my work was all for nothing. Now I can continue. Gracias, amigo

Archived