Are the souls really needed/What are they needed for?

AetherialVoices

As we know, the Origins four have sought out specific versions of themselves across the universe who (according to Monty) "hold the key to sealing off the other dimensions". With all this hoopla over "Did Richtofen really collect his soul?" and @MrDalekJD's interview with Jason Blundell, I have made some observations that I think deserve to be torn apart and analysed by the community.

First, this cipher: 

EDWARD AS YOU KNOW IT IS IMPERATIVE YOU AND THE GROUP FIND THE EXACT VERSIONS OF YOURSELVES THAT I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED IN EACH UNIVERSE ONLY BY KILLING THAT VERSION OF YOURSELF IN THAT PARTICULAR UNIVERSE AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT IN TIME WILL WE BE SUCCESSFUL ONCE EACH OF YOUR OTHER SELVES ARE KILLED ACROSS ALL UNIVERSES REMEMBER WE ARE ONLY IMMUNE BECAUSE WE OPENED THE PORTAL IN FRANCE BUT I AM AFRAID THIS MIGHT NOT BE PERMANENT I FEAR THERE IS SOMETHING M ISN T TELLING ME AND THAT THERE IS NOT MUCH TIME LEFT FOR US

Note that whoever wrote this (presumably Dr Maxis) does not mention collecting the souls. He just says that they need to kill all of their other selves.

Second, Jason Blundell himself speaking about the above cipher:

Go to about 8:26 for this clip:

Transcript of clip: "You need to read the ciphers. There was a couple of messages that very specifically point out that they need to go to a certain universe, at a certain time and place to be able to remove all the versions, across all the multiverses, of each character. That's explaining a lot right there."

He is obviously quite ambiguous and vague with his terminology (no change there I suppose). However, he is stating that they had to go to each specific universe at that specific time and place TO REMOVE ALL OTHER VERSIONS. This is a different spin on things than what people have been thinking. Most people think that we did these things primarily to collect the soul of each character.

With the bleeding of universes and dimensions, it is possible with precise calculations to start a chain reaction across the universe that erases all versions of a character (or four). With both Maxis and Richtofen placing less emphasis on the souls than eliminating the other versions, who would really want the souls? Monty. And if we recall, Monty keeps stating over and over that each version of them is the same inside, calling them reflections in a shattered mirror. I believe he is referring to all the different versions sharing the same souls. Maxis, Richtofen, and Monty are all keeping secrets from each other and explaining who knows what and who doesn't would take forever even if we knew for sure and didn't have to theorize.

So, Richtofen... going off of the assumption that they harbor the same souls, Richtofen has been in the house for ages, so he really isn't needed any more. Kind of surplus to requirements these days (doesn't this all sound a bit familiar?). "He does not think I know, but I do. The blood will protect me.","Truth is he's been in the house for AGES! But, uh... DON'T tell him.""... MAXIS, HAVE YOU FOUND THE SPACE-TIME COORDINATES FOR THE OTHER INDIVIDUALS I ASKED YOU FOR... ITS IMPERATIVE THAT WE FIND THEM AS WELL... YOU MUST TRUST ME ON THIS... FOR MY PLAN TO WORK, WE NEED THEIR BLOOD."

Now, let's look back on how we have seen the Summoning Key used in the past. We saw it collect the souls of Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai. Unfortunately, we can neither confirm nor deny Richtofen's soul being collected in The Giant. In this use, we see it suspended in the air, surrounded by a yellow-ish aura. But we have seen it used another way. The Shadows of Evil rituals. In this use, the symbols detach from the main orb and three blades protrude from each of the six symbols. These symbols spin around the victim, until they finally slice straight through the victim, leaving nothing but blood. This blood then pours into the Summoning Key. This use of the Key creates Gateworms. The Gateworms are symbolic of the sacrifice.

Now, lets take a look at the icons that we get for completing the main Easter Egg. Shadows of Evil is the Summoning Key, okay that makes sense. Next we have The Giant through Gorod Krovi. These give you Gateworms... why? Gateworms are birthed or spawned from ritual sacrifice, so why are Gateworms symbolizing the relatively peaceful collection of the souls? Perhaps it isn't symbolizing collecting the souls. Maybe it symbolizes them erasing their other selves across all realities.

Tell me your thoughts!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived