Blurryface

Moon 2.0 ?

Blurryface    133

Hey guys, hope your having a great day!

I've not seen any posts on this yet so I thought I would make a topic on it and bring the discussion up.

A well known zombie YouTuber known as Glitching Queen recently uploaded a video about the latest zombie news. She was talking about 3ARC remaking the old maps from BO1 and adding them into BO3 as a Remaster if you like. In her video she also includes a picture which shows a never seen screenshot of moon before. Comparing it to the old map, it looks so much better as in texture quality and it also has a red light glowing in the background which the old moon map does not have. This is still yet to be confirmed but it looks pretty real to me and if it is a fake, its a damn good one.

I would love to see this map remastered and hopefully other maps too as I was a huge fan of all of the BO1 zombie maps.

I will leave the picture of the screenshot below and I will let you guys have a little discussion about it and what you think about it too.

Thanks for having a read, stay awesome! :)

Capture.PNG

NaBrZHunter    489

Thanks for the info, but Glitching Queen is not a Treyarch affiliate, and this screencap is, without question, from BO1. It may have been captured on Xbox One (the graphics were tweaked during the BC process, but only slightly. We're having a discussion on it in another thread, but 'recreating' old maps might cause serious story trouble, so it isn't likely that it will happen. 

• Like 2

InfestLithium    515

I personally would love to see a Moon remake - of course, I am heavily biased in the idea that Moon is the best Zombies map of all time.

But even with the promotional images we've seen in the DICE presentation w/ alternate loading screens, it seems like Treyarch hinted at the idea of these original fan-favorites being different realities in a different universe, hence why many of them are different.

Either that, or they were drafts of the final product. 

Still, a remake of Moon would be lovely. Not about to happen since we nuked Griffin Station in Der Eisendrache...but a man can dream, can't he?

83457    263

Obligatory "any map but Moon" [BO1's most ubiquitous line from lobbies].

As i understand it, the community hates Moon so much that even the characters in the game are trying to stop the events that led us there. 

It's like Treyarch's apologizing for BO1's existence. It brings a tear of joy to my eye. I really appreciate shit like that. 

That picture has been all over kindergarten (aka Undeadit, reddit), but don't be scared, it's just a troll pic. :)

NaBrZHunter    489
17 minutes ago, 83457 said:

As i understand it, the community hates Moon so much that even the characters in the game are trying to stop the events that led us there. 

It's like Treyarch's apologizing for BO1's existence. It brings a tear of joy to my eye. I really appreciate shit like that.

LOL! Here you go again, ol' pal. :P Moon still rules as perhaps the greatest map of all time. ;) And for us story folk, the vast quantities of BO1 story references have been feeding our souls this time around. 

• Like 4

83457    263

I'm no story guy, and even my curiosity is piqued with BO3.

I literally watch the intro to Giant completely, almost every solo game.

Let me indulge my belief that they are trying to stop Moon from ever occuring. Mmmmmm. Ahhhh. It feels so right to me. Ha.

jiipee95    35
On 4.8.2016 at 9:53 AM, NaBrZHunter said:

Thanks for the info, but Glitching Queen is not a Treyarch affiliate, and this screencap is, without question, from BO1. It may have been captured on Xbox One (the graphics were tweaked during the BC process, but only slightly. We're having a discussion on it in another thread, but 'recreating' old maps might cause serious story trouble, so it isn't likely that it will happen. 

Ugh... Everyones always just thinking that all maps should be important to the story. In BO1 they did remakes of WAW maps, so why couldn't they bring BO1 maps back and just say "Hey we wanted to brings these maps back, there's no story changes or anything and they're just for playing". Also in BO2 the small survival maps weren't story related I think...

Awards

NaBrZHunter    489
2 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

Ugh... Everyones always just thinking that all maps should be important to the story. In BO1 they did remakes of WAW maps, so why couldn't they bring BO1 maps back and just say "Hey we wanted to brings these maps back, there's no story changes or anything and they're just for playing". Also in BO2 the small survival maps weren't story related I think...

Legal issues would likely force them to make redactions of historical factors, popular demand would require gimbal machines, which is non-canon, and like Jason Blundell himself stated, ALL maps are canon and therefore, important to the story. Even the survival maps from BO2 were part of the story. 

DaveLo07    172

@NaBrZHunter Whilst I am not keen on remakes, I actually think it would be very easy for them to make the maps canon if they wanted to. They could go the bo1/2 route (waw remakes and survival maps) and give us different characters, but the direction of the storyline makes it really easy to make them canon. All they would need to do is describe the characters as as alternate versions of themselves, and have us playing through Moon in one of the many different universes. Maybe these characters could be aware of the fractured universe and trying to prevent the Monty/Richtofen plan. Still hope it doesn't happen, but at least this would give them some scope to re-imagine/design the maps.

The main reason I don't want to see remakes is the fondness I have for some of those old maps. Der Riese will always be better than The Giant IMO, from atmosphere to how challenging the map is, and all the new mechanics are only going to taint the memory of those maps. 

1 hour ago, NaBrZHunter said:popular demand would require gimbal machines, which is non-canon, 

It is strange that Monty is the creator, yet only decided to give the additional help of gumball machines after the events of BO2, excluding Origins even though the fractured universe already existed, as did the universe with the house. The cynic in me would say that Dr Monty was only created so that Activision could market their new pay-to-win product to their fan base!

• Like 1

Castun50    16
11 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

@NaBrZHunter Whilst I am not keen on remakes, I actually think it would be very easy for them to make the maps canon if they wanted to. They could go the bo1/2 route (waw remakes and survival maps) and give us different characters, but the direction of the storyline makes it really easy to make them canon. All they would need to do is describe the characters as as alternate versions of themselves, and have us playing through Moon in one of the many different universes. Maybe these characters could be aware of the fractured universe and trying to prevent the Monty/Richtofen plan. Still hope it doesn't happen, but at least this would give them some scope to re-imagine/design the maps.

The main reason I don't want to see remakes is the fondness I have for some of those old maps. Der Riese will always be better than The Giant IMO, from atmosphere to how challenging the map is, and all the new mechanics are only going to taint the memory of those maps. 

It is strange that Monty is the creator, yet only decided to give the additional help of gumball machines after the events of BO2, excluding Origins even though the fractured universe already existed, as did the universe with the house. The cynic in me would say that Dr Monty was only created so that Activision could market their new pay-to-win product to their fan base!

them some bold words right there!

I believe monty was made so that they had more of a plot to end the story of our heroes. market their new pay to win. HA! thats cute. I assume you probably think their is no reason to have the tranzit crew around either? come on dude. krotorium, hands down. if thats how you spell it.

Awards

Doppelgänger    150

I think we've seen, from The Giant, exactly how a remake would be with the Black Ops 3 engine. 

Horrible movement mechanics and overpowered weapons and utilities.

I don't want a remake and I don't understand why people are so excited for one.

Tasers    0

In what way does BO3 have horrible movement mechanics? The sliding mechanic allows me to quickly speed through the map at a very fast pace that can be repeated endlessly and with enough skill on tactical buttonmapping you can go in any direction, even backwards. 

Awards

jiipee95    35
1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

I think we've seen, from The Giant, exactly how a remake would be with the Black Ops 3 engine. 

Horrible movement mechanics, overpowered weapons and utilities.

I don't want a remake and I don't understand why people are so excited for one.

Well I'm excited for remakes because it's gonna add more maps to play with. I'd rather get new maps instead of remakes, but adding remakes requires less work so... if they're gonna add more maps in DLC4 it's more likely to get Revelations and few remakes than Revelations and few new maps. Just saying...

Also I've been thinking what if they're going to bring some of the best ranked custom maps to the consoles? I don't think that would be impossible. Only thing that would be unfair is if they're gonna sell those as a dlc (I think they should be free or then give the money to the people who made the map)

Awards

Doppelgänger    150
23 minutes ago, Tasers said:

In what way does BO3 have horrible movement mechanics? The sliding mechanic allows me to quickly speed through the map at a very fast pace that can be repeated endlessly and with enough skill on tactical buttonmapping you can go in any direction, even backwards. 

I think you've answered your own question. 

Tasers    0
On August 7, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Doppelgänger said:

I think you've answered your own question. 

Lol no I was praising the sliding mechanic as genius

Awards

Doppelgänger    150
36 minutes ago, Tasers said:

Lol no I was praising the sliding mechanic as genius

Except it really isn't that much of a "genius" implementation. It completely negates the need for Stamin' Up, which was put in for the sole purpose of having that extra little bit of distance you could run. Now, you can slide away and around hordes like it's nobodies business. That's just ridicuous. Thus, it is a horrible mechanic.

• Like 3

Tasers    0
8 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Except it really isn't that much of a "genius" implementation. It completely negates the need for Stamin' Up, which was put in for the sole purpose of having that extra little bit of distance you could run. Now, you can slide away and around hordes like it's nobodies business. That's just ridicuous.

I will admit it is ridiculous especially when everyone goes somewhere in sync lol (its funny watching people travel through sliding all at once) , but you can also save that precious sprint stamina for when you need it. I find myself loving it traveling far distances.. it really comes in handy, and genius compared to floping. But this is getting off topic lol, its not that bad! I can even go up inclines really quick with it

Awards

Doppelgänger    150
On 8/7/2016 at 6:28 PM, jiipee95 said:

Well I'm excited for remakes because it's gonna add more maps to play with. I'd rather get new maps instead of remakes, but adding remakes requires less work so... if they're gonna add more maps in DLC4 it's more likely to get Revelations and few remakes than Revelations and few new maps. Just saying...

Also I've been thinking what if they're going to bring some of the best ranked custom maps to the consoles? I don't think that would be impossible. Only thing that would be unfair is if they're gonna sell those as a dlc (I think they should be free or then give the money to the people who made the map)

I had a discussion about this with some other users on this thread: 

Custom maps coming to Console would be absolutely amazing. We would definitely have gotten our moneys worth.

Doppelgänger    150
Just now, Tasers said:

I will admit it is ridiculous especially when everyone goes somewhere in sync lol (its funny watching people travel through sliding all at once) , but you can also save that precious sprint stamina for when you need it. I find myself loving it traveling far distances.. it really comes in handy, and genius compared to floping. But this is getting off topic lol, its not that bad! I can even go up inclines really quick with it

And that is why I have a  problem with it. I don't have a problem with the addition of being able to take a third hit without Juggernog, because it is "nerfed" because the zombies swing faster. There's nothing stopping you from continuously sliding away from every situation, and that is why it is a stupid mechanic.

This is why a remake would be ridiculous. We had huge maps like Call of the Dead that were hard to traverse because of the slow running speed and slow stamina "recharge". If the old maps were remade, using the Black Ops 3 engine, then the entire challenge of the older maps would be gone completely. That is my 2 cents as to why I think having an entire remake DLC would be a bad idea.

jcm055    1
On Thursday, August 04, 2016 at 1:06 PM, 83457 said:

That picture has been all over kindergarten (aka Undeadit, reddit), but don't be scared, it's just a troll pic. :)

Why would they apologize for the best of the zombies games and story?

Doppleganger, I agree with you about the slide mechanic, it would negate all the trying elements of the BO1 maps. While an updated graphics version of some favorites would be nice, they wouldn't be the same. Then again, I'm biased towards BO1 and WaW lol, I started on the latter and really fell into the lore of the former...and BO2 zombies really lost me, so I just follow the story vicariously through codz and youtubers.

• Like 1

Awards

Doppelgänger    150
18 minutes ago, Lenne said:

If they really make a moon remake and put a gum machine in NML I will lose my sh*t and not in the good kind of way.

Perkaholic. Cache Back. Alchemical Antithesis. Undeadman Walking. Aftertaste.

Triggered yet? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

• Like 1

Blurryface    133
11 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Perkaholic. Cache Back. Alchemical Antithesis. Undeadman Walking. Aftertaste.

Triggered yet? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Game ruined lmao.