OK. Let's just discuss it now: Rezurection 2.0

So,  the idea of more zombies maps in dlc 4 is extreamly controversial at this juncture.  

So, I've rounded up a lot of the evidence that points towards both sides: Yes there will be more zombies,  and No there won't be any more then Revelations.  

----------

FOR: 

-This game has the least amount of zombies maps since waw with a grand total of 6 maps including Revelations.  7 including DOA.  

- The idea of a multi-zombies-map dlc is heavily desired by the community. 

-There are the constant images of Moon remakes, such as the altered moon loading screen found early in the year,  to the picture of staminup  sent to "the glitching queen". While TGQ's picture can't be confirmed as legit (although it's highly detailed,  going as far as to change the grenade wall buy), the loading screen for Moon is indisputably legit.

-It has been discovered recently that the size and layout of the map leaderboards, after the release of Gorod Krovi, has been changed.  Where previously the 5th map was listed beneath the other 4, now it resides in a smaller box to the right of the 4 maps.  This change in orientation has been assumed to be due to the need to stack more boxes (meaning more maps)  under each map's so far.  To make things clear-er,  why bother changing the layout if there would only be 6 maps?  You'd have the first 4 maps centered above,  then two on the second row.  Now that there's 5 spaces in the first row,  it seems like there is more space in the second row for more maps.   

-Everything from the in-game description,  to the codXP description has been prancing around saying "Dlc 4 MP". They have yet to ACTUALLY say that the DLC 4 gameplay at COD XP is for Multi-player,  rather,  they've stated the DLC will be playable at the event,  and that IFW's Zombies and Multi-player will be playable at the event.  They have gone to great lengths to NOT put DLC 4 and Multi-player in the same sentence, anywhere that I can find. The only reasons I can think of to do this is either A:To hype us up about thinking there may be a zombies based DLC, which they're really won't be.  OR they're specifically stating that as they don't want to give it away that the event is mainly zombies based.  

Revelations is completed: And has been sense before the release of Gorod Krovi. If that's the case, they either have time to test the game for bugs (lol)  OR develop more maps.  

---------

AGAINST: 

-The post on Activision Support: 

Back in January,  there was a post made by activision on their support forums that lists that all dlcs will come with 4 multi-player maps and a zombies chapter. Seems pretty wrapped up right?  Well not entirely. See the post was A-Came from the IT crowd of the support company, not the team that designs the game. And B- It was posted before Der Eisendrache. So while the evidence is pretty conclusive,  it doesn't ENTIRELY put out the idea of a zombies based DLC.  

-The seasons pass: Multi-player's community is the main cash cow of any COD game.  Many may become enraged if they're "cheated" out of their money because the last DLC doesn't have any MP maps, which means they payed and extra 5$ for a whole bunch of zombies content they didn't want.  That being said,  all DLCs MUST contain Multi-player Content, but not necisarily maps, as described by the in game description.  

-There IS a lot of zombies content: With the inclusion of nightmare mode and the level in campaign AND custom zombies,  there is actually a fair bit of zombies content in this game. Much more then WAW at the very least.  However for console versions of the game, there may be less then expected.  

----------------

So,  this is all the evidence that I can find  for each side, let me know if you have any more. Personally I'm. HOPEING for an all zombies DLC,  but NOT expecting it.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 2 cents:

• If the season pass covers the 4 DLC's, there could be a 5th DLC of just remastered zombies maps for a quick money grab. Anything I've seen that debunks DLC5 points to the Season Pass info. I don't think there's anything out there saying there can't be a 5th DLC outside of the Season Pass.
  • I always thought a cool final map would be a combination of a lot of previous maps with portals connecting them. The screenshots could be of the Moon section of the DLC4 map.
  • Mod tools are in testing with specific community members. One of them could have recreated that part of Moon as a joke. Or money could be involved.
42 minutes ago, oxin8 said:

Anything I've seen that debunks DLC5 points to the Season Pass info. I don't think there's anything out there saying there can't be a 5th DLC outside of the Season Pass.

Activision won't allow them to make more content after a certain point because they want the community to have money to buy the next game. Meaning it would have to come out about the same time as DLC4.

8 minutes ago, Boom said:

Can't say for sure, but I will remain extremely hopeful. This will help bridge the gap between the last map and when I have the funds to put towards and PC for customs. 

We should really start a Q and A thread about what type of computer processors and types will work for BO3 custom maps.  Just to get a jump start so there won't be as many "Can my computer run custom maps? " threads.  

I would only like an all zombies DLC if the maps were original. Remaking the old maps, I feel, would ruin the feel of the older maps. The textures of the game made them gritty, dark and creepy. I don't think we can get that with the textures in Black Ops 3. If they can manage to keep them looking like the old maps, then great. But the atmosphere is what made those maps.

2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

I would only like an all zombies DLC if the maps were original. Remaking the old maps, I feel, would ruin the feel of the older maps. The textures of the game made them gritty, dark and creepy. I don't think we can get that with the textures in Black Ops 3. If they can manage to keep them looking like the old maps, then great. But the atmosphere is what made those maps.

Personally I'm hoping for : 

A kino der toten remake. 

A new map,  where the gimmick is all the perks are in the wonderfizz, and guns in the box.About the size of SNN or Verruckt. 

And a nact sized map where you play as  Groph, Gersh, Shuster, Yana,Brock,Gary,McCain, and Yuri in an epic 8 player co-op survival in hell.  

Then some cool weapons and skins for MP. 

And finally revelations to top it all off.  

What I really want (but probably won't get) is not for them to do remakes. I want them to add the survival mode from BO2 and the option to play in specific areas of preexisting maps. Also add the black market weapons to weapon kits and all maps. Also include a final-product Ray Gun Mark 3 to all maps. It would still only be one zombies map technically, but it would add a massive amount of content and replayability to all maps.

5 hours ago, AetherialVoices said:

What I really want (but probably won't get) is not for them to do remakes. I want them to add the survival mode from BO2 and the option to play in specific areas of preexisting maps. Also add the black market weapons to weapon kits and all maps. Also include a final-product Ray Gun Mark 3 to all maps. It would still only be one zombies map technically, but it would add a massive amount of content and replayability to all maps.

~With all the suspicious weapon teases, I can't help but think we'll have some weaponry upgrade.  I mean we've had the Razorback in DE,  the RGMK duel wield in the box of GK, and the Banshi in that one picture with Takeo in GK. 

• Moderators

I can 99.99% guarantee DLC 4 will not be a Rezz-type map pack. People that paid for the season pass that only play multiplayer would be vexed. But I could see the possibility of a standalone DLC, whether it be one map (Moon is the rumored map) like The Giant, or a pack of multiple maps.

Outside of Moon I only really would want Origins since my 360 is now officially ded and Activision doesn't seem to want BO2 on Xbox One anytime soon. But I know better than to hype myself up when I could easily be disappointed at no remastered maps.

Also I don't think the number of maps is a fair comparison. BO3 maps are huge in depth and variability compared to what we used to get. BO1 had six original maps, with four from World at War, which I don't really consider remastered. They added new weapons and ported them into the BO version of the engine and bam, there you go. BO2 had six as well. Farm, Town, and Bus Depot are just TranZit sectioned off.

BO3 with six maps, which are all high in replay value and fun little things to do, is better than anything we've had before, IMO.

On 8/3/2016 at 9:47 PM, RadZakpak said:

I can 99.99% guarantee DLC 4 will not be a Rezz-type map pack. People that paid for the season pass that only play multiplayer would be vexed. But I could see the possibility of a standalone DLC, whether it be one map (Moon is the rumored map) like The Giant, or a pack of multiple maps.

Outside of Moon I only really would want Origins since my 360 is now officially ded and Activision doesn't seem to want BO2 on Xbox One anytime soon. But I know better than to hype myself up when I could easily be disappointed at no remastered maps.

Also I don't think the number of maps is a fair comparison. BO3 maps are huge in depth and variability compared to what we used to get. BO1 had six original maps, with four from World at War, which I don't really consider remastered. They added new weapons and ported them into the BO version of the engine and bam, there you go. BO2 had six as well. Farm, Town, and Bus Depot are just TranZit sectioned off.

BO3 with six maps, which are all high in replay value and fun little things to do, is better than anything we've had before, IMO.

6 maps with replay value (at least on console)  would get old faster then you think.  Particularly with only the giant being a simplistic map.  

I feel BO3 has more to offer and I don't know what it would be.  Do I think we're getting Origins or anything from BO2 again?  No.  Do I think console will get MOD tools?  No.  

But BO3 has been full of surprises and new things. From the zombies campaign to the utter betrayal to x... I mean switch to PS exclusitivity.  

Also if there is a full zombies map,  I'm pretty sure the MP crowd would be happy, if not happier,  if they just received some dlc specific weapons. Idk about you,  but I'd much rather have (for example) the bootlegger or PPSH in MP then 3 new maps and a remake of golf from BO1.  

For me, Black Ops 3 has less replay value than Black Ops 1. Simply because it takes too long to set up and the maps are extremely complicated. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does hurt when people might just want to play a simple game. Like Mocking said, the only map we have thus far that offers that is The Giant, and it's a small map.

I've already mentioned my stance on a remake, and would much rather have original maps come in to fill the gaps. But if remakes are all we can get, I won't be completely bummed. At least we have something to play for the next 2 years, which will be a very long wait.

However, to remedy the long wait, I think Activision should loosen their superhumanly tight grip on their wallets and let us download maps. Bethesda managed it with Fallout 4, why can't Activision?

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

However, to remedy the long wait, I think Activision should loosen their superhumanly tight grip on their wallets and let us download maps. Bethesda managed it with Fallout 4, why can't Activision?

I would love this, but I don't have that much faith in Activision adding anything innovative like that. Not unless they charged for maps. Everything has to be profitable. While of course, adding infrastructure into CoD games to allow mods on console would be great in the long run and keep CoD alive much longer than it will at the rate they are going, Activision is near-sighted when it comes to that stuff. It's all about getting money now rather than later.

Believe me, I'd be ecstatic, but I am not holding my breath. They are a scummy company.

Just now, RadZakpak said:

I would love this, but I don't have that much faith in Activision adding anything innovative like that. Not unless they charged for maps. Everything has to be profitable. While of course, adding infrastructure into CoD games to allow mods on console would be great in the long run and keep CoD alive much longer than it will at the rate they are going, Activision is near-sighted when it comes to that stuff. It's all about getting money now rather than later.

Believe me, I'd be ecstatic, but I am not holding my breath. They are a scummy company.

Couldn't have said it better. They're on the lines of Ubisoft with yearly publishing and EA with charging.

If they did bring custom map downloading to console, so many people would change their stance on Activision, at least a little, and it may bring people back who left because of their terrible business practices. Not only that, but it would encourage people to stay on console, because so many Call of Duty players leave for custom zombies. Why should we pay the same price as PC players and get less content? That's absolutely ridiculous.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Couldn't have said it better. They're on the lines of Ubisoft with yearly publishing and EA with charging.

If they did bring custom map downloading to console, so many people would change their stance on Activision, at least a little, and it may bring people back who left because of their terrible business practices. Not only that, but it would encourage people to stay on console, because so many Call of Duty players leave for custom zombies. Why should we pay the same price as PC players and get less content? That's absolutely ridiculous.

This is why I'm honestly surprised they even allowed PC Mod Tools to be made considering how poorly they've treated the PC player base since MW2. My guess is some people at Treyarch were really pushing for it and Activision let them but only after DLC 4. So it might have been a sort of passion project for the PC team who actually care about the game. Just a shame higher ups at Activision can't see the potential of stuff like this.

I'd be happy with Revelations, the return of Survival/grief to all maps and the ray gun mark 2 and/or 3 to all maps - i'd prefer this to remastered maps as this is bound to be done on custom maps anyway. And the reason custom maps wont come out for consoles is more down to Microsoft and Sony than ATVI, I am also surprised ATVI allowed it at all, but figured if they did it would be after all DLC is released - but thats not the case apparently, the mod tools when ready for public beta will be released, that could be before October (DLC 4 for Xbone/PC) and in a way even though the maps are free, it entice people like me to grab a gaming pc, and BO3 again on PC, just like people still buy WaW today for mods.

Treyarch are really teasing these memories trailers.  The fact were getting two in a row (with Dempsey's teased a short while ago)  kind raises some yellow flags.  

Again.  Reading to far into things is my shortsuit. But I just... FEEL as if all these TINY things are what's going to add up to at least more then 1 map.  

To further the discussion: What's everyone's opinion on a moon remake with Groph,Shuster, and two other 935 scientists of your choice? 

4 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

To further the discussion: What's everyone's opinion on a moon remake with Groph,Shuster, and two other 935 scientists of your choice? 

How would it fit into the storyline? Would it be yet another universe where the zombie outbreak occurred before Griffin Station was abandoned? If so, what would they change the Easter Egg to? If it was Samantha's arrival that might be a little cool, but not relevant to the story. With all the push for "no one-off maps", I doubt they would suddenly go and make one.

34 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

I'm going to call it right now. If there is a Moon remake, the artifact you get from the excavator is going to be retconned to look like the Summoning Key. If it happens, I called it.

I really hope not. The two look nothing alike and are used for entirely different purposes.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, AetherialVoices said:

How would it fit into the storyline? Would it be yet another universe where the zombie outbreak occurred before Griffin Station was abandoned? If so, what would they change the Easter Egg to? If it was Samantha's arrival that might be a little cool, but not relevant to the story. With all the push for "no one-off maps", I doubt they would suddenly go and make one.

I really hope not. The two look nothing alike and are used for entirely different purposes.

Well we don't really know the artifact's purpose other than it goes into the MPD when the souls are being filled. And we saw in DE the summoning key fits in the same spot and performs a similar function. The items could be related, if not the same. That's why I say it would be a retcon. They would just say they actually always looked the same in game. I wouldn't be a fan of it, personally. But I really do want to know more about this artifact and why it was so important that Maxis would request it being sent through the Gersch before blowing up Earth.

7 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

Well we don't really know the artifact's purpose other than it goes into the MPD when the souls are being filled. And we saw in DE the summoning key fits in the same spot and performs a similar function. The items could be related, if not the same. That's why I say it would be a retcon. They would just say they actually always looked the same in game. I wouldn't be a fan of it, personally. But I really do want to know more about this artifact and why it was so important that Maxis would request it being sent through the Gersch before blowing up Earth.

Considering the fact that the "egg" from the Moon Easter Egg follows the same design pattern as the M.P.D., which is a Vril device, I think it is safe to assume that the "egg" is as well. And if the "egg" is a Vril creation, and thus a Keeper creation, how would it be the same as an Apothicon artifact? Sure that is based off of loose A=B=C thus A=C logic, but you get the point.

8 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

Well we don't really know the artifact's purpose other than it goes into the MPD when the souls are being filled. And we saw in DE the summoning key fits in the same spot and performs a similar function.

As for the "performs a similar function", we don't know what the "egg" did. However, we know exactly what we did with the Summoning Key. We charged the Summoning Key using the M.P.D.

Archived