Jump to content
AetherialVoices

How do you feel about how Blundell has decided to "fix" the timeline?

Recommended Posts

So, at this point we have a pretty clear understanding of how Blundell has decided to "fix" the timeline of zombies. For those who are unclear on the subject, I will now summarize it quickly.

 

1: The universe was created by a group of entities of the fourth dimension.

2: Keepers had a civil war and before or during this war the universe was shattered into a million different universes.

3: Events of Origins take place, which makes the different universes and dimensions begin to bleed into each other.

4: The events of Nacht der Untoten - Buried take place.

5: Events of Black Ops 3 take place and the universe is unified once again.

 

So, how do you all feel about this approach? I'm sure there will be mixed feelings on this approach based on the events of WaW-BO2 not being the original universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I will give my personal opinion on this. I love it. It maintains the original timeline being at least for the most part linear, with the exception of some date errors and confusing radios. However, based on Monty's great explanation that they are all essentially the same, just under different circumstances, it keeps all character development valid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aetherial, I think you're pushing your own theories a bit too hard. We're less than two months away from getting final answers. I don't want to challenge your theories, because I really don't want to challenge anyone's theories until we know something for sure in the next two months, but you say things like they are fact. Fourth dimension? Origins shattering the universe?

 

In my opinion, the universe is a bubble-like multiverse. And Buried is what shattered the universe, making the original story the original timeline and the original universe. I can't prove that at the moment. But it is as much justified as the idea that the ending of Origins was responsible.

 

Now onto the subject at hand. The story has been full of holes. All over the place. It didn't need fixing. It needed the holes to be filled. The attempt at a multiverse is just an example of power creep, which leads us to the new God character. I don't mind the idea of the comic and other stuff he's doing to unify the story more, but I'll reserve my judgement until I see it completed. His idea that what goes on in between the levels being as important as what goes on in them is patently false. That's like saying what is between the paragraphs of a book is important. Or what is between the scenes of a movie. It really is just lazy writing. Anyone can just detail parts of a story and ask the audience to put it together. But I am glad that he is finally getting around to fixing that by making a comic to fill in the gaps in between levels.

 

This upcoming and final DLC, followed by the comic, will be the conclusion to Treyarch's zombies for the next 2-3 years. It is the pivotal and climatic moment. So what happens in that moment will ultimately make (Black Ops Richtofen Moon revelation) or break (Black Ops II Origins it was all fake cutscene) the story's success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MysteryMachineX said:

Aetherial, I think you're pushing your own theories a bit too hard. We're less than two months away from getting final answers. I don't want to challenge your theories, because I really don't want to challenge anyone's theories until we know something for sure in the next two months, but you say things like they are fact. Fourth dimension? Origins shattering the universe?

I have to admit, you probably do have a point there on me pushing my theories a bit too hard. However, the fourth dimension has been an established part of the zombies cannon for a long time now. And as for "Origins shattering the universe", I never said that. I merely said that Origins was what started the universes and dimensions bleeding into each other and directly impacting one another. This was stated in a Monty wisp: "He opened the portal between the worlds and well, that's where, when shit really went tits up. The world within the world got turned upside down and inside out, if you can imagine such a thing". This would also explain why it is called "Origins", as it is the beginning of the story of the non-Primis versions of our characters.

36 minutes ago, MysteryMachineX said:

In my opinion, the universe is a bubble-like multiverse. And Buried is what shattered the universe, making the original story the original timeline and the original universe. I can't prove that at the moment. But it is as much justified as the idea that the ending of Origins was responsible.

The bubble-like interpretation of the multiverse was a solid theory for a long time, but it just doesn't quite add up with the terminology and information we have been presented with. I will not dispute that theory here, maybe sometime/somewhere else. As for Buried shattering the universe, that can be disproven. In Gorod Krovi, we are given several excerpts from the Kronorium and such, that describe the origins of reality as we know it in the storyline. In one of these it states that after the Great War, the Keepers ascended to become the wards of all universes. There was only one universe originally, and it was shattered into a million other universes. This implies that the universe was shattered before or during the Great War. There are also quotes, specifically from Monty, that although not irrefutable, heavily imply the "original timeline" to be just one of the many universes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83457    263

I'm not a story guy, but this is my take. 

 

Moon sucked. It sucked so bad that even the characters of the story are changing the timeline to stop the events that led to Moon being a map.

 

As I see it, it was successful and we will never see a Moon reprint.

------

In general, BO3 has been my favorite (least annoying) zombies alongside of WaW. In WaW and BO3, it's players versus zombies. In BO1, it was players versus Treyarch trolls and glitches. BO2 was less annoying and glitchy than BO1, but we still were trolled unnecessarily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, 83457 said:

I'm not a story guy, but this is my take. 

 

Moon sucked. It sucked so bad that even the characters of the story are changing the timeline to stop the events that led to Moon being a map.

 

As I see it, it was successful and we will never see a Moon reprint.

------

In general, BO3 has been my favorite (least annoying) zombies alongside of WaW. In WaW and BO3, it's players versus zombies. In BO1, it was players versus Treyarch trolls and glitches. BO2 was less annoying and glitchy than BO1, but we still were trolled unnecessarily. 

My joking interpretation of the story is that they are trying to stop the events of Moon to wipe Tranzit from existence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

83457    263
4 minutes ago, AetherialVoices said:

My joking interpretation of the story is that they are trying to stop the events of Moon to wipe Tranzit from existence.

That's called a win-win. No Moon nor Tranzit. I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

Edited by 83457
Fuzzy, not fuzxy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×