Time Attack Challenges Help!

Devo171982

Hey Everyone

My friends and I have been trying to get the Slash N Burn and Fury`s Song Time Attack Challenges but have had no luck, even after the 1.14 patch update on PS4 stating they have corrected issues with the Slash N Burn challenge.  We generally have limited time to play, but love the game and want to get this challenge done.  We have been trying to figure out why it is not working.  We have been well under the 23 minute period for Slash N Burn but have yet to receive it We are usually in the 18-19 minute range with 3 or 4 players.  Also, we have only been successful with the Malice once despite getting to round 11 in under 12 minutes. 

Can someone help us understand the rules behind the challenges?  For example:

-Can we go down and get revived and/or does it matter if we go down in round 5, 10, 15 or 20? 

-Do all players have to stay alive the entire time and not go down?

-Can the power be turned on?

-Can we build the shield and use it?

-Do we have to keep the wrench or Malice in hand as we progress toward the next time attack challenge, or can we switch weapons out?

-May we buy guns from the Magic Box and/or Wall buy guns?

These are the questions we have asked ourselves trying to figure this out, but keep getting denied the Slash N Burn despite being well within the time limit.  Hoping someone can shed some light on the details behind the challenges.

Thanks all!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First: gk is very glitchy so you may need a little luck:

The only "rule" i think is You need to get all done within the time limit

So reach round 6 under 5 min..

If you didnt get this done it doesnt matter if you get round 11 under 13 min...

Maybe you need to take all the weapons from the board? (all players) 

Thanks for the feedback

All four of us always grab the wrench after unlocking it.  We never have issues getting the Wrench as we get to round 6 in usually about 4 minutes or less.  When we did unlock the Malice, we all wielded it as well.  Would love to hear other theories, or actual facts if anyone has discovered any regarding this challenge.  Yes, I agree it has been very glitchy.  Hopeful another patch may help with this if in fact we are doing everything correctly.  We have tried numerous times, all well within the time restrictions with no luck.

More feedback from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

In my experience,

If you go down during a time attack period(namely 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20), you will fail the time attack of THAT period.

For example, if you go down on round 12, you WILL fail the time attack for 11-15 and you won't be able to obtain the axe.

However if you manage to stay on your feet after that until Round 20, you will still be able to finish the time attack for 16-20 and get the Fury's Song.

For co-op, your whole team literally have to be flawless for this to be done.

To me this really makes no sense since that really should not have been added to the challenge, but hey if they decided that to be the case, i will suggest you go solo.

( I think this would explain why your team manage to get the first two melee, since you usually do not go down before round 10. )

Oh of course to further expand my theory above, there maybe still more melee weapon for even higher rounds.

To discover them you will need to be both time-efficient and cautious not to go down, though I assume people would have done and found it if there is any, just posting my thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived