jiipee95

DCL4 Revelations weapons expectations and discussion

jiipee95    37

So I decided to make this thread to discuss about the possible weapons in the box in DLC4 and also thoughts about what kind of wonder weapon we'll going to get.

Starting off with weapons introduced in DLC2 and DLC3 which might return in DLC4.

HG-40 

I'm pretty sure this one will return as it already returned in GK and it's basically the MP40.

PPSH-41

This one is a fan favorite and it would be stupid to not include this one on the final DLC.

MX-Garand

This weapon is pretty bad but I think they'll add it to balance the box because of the new more powerful weapons it has.

L4-Siege

Same as above.

Shadowclaw

Same as above

FFAR

Pretty sure they're gonna add this one too as a powerful assault rifle.

Raygun Mark 3

I'd like to have this on the box as I think the wonder weapon(s) in this map is going to be buildable/quest to get it. It would make the box a bit more appealing to players and also make it possible to play the map without completing those WW build/upgrade missions.

Time Trial Melee Weapons

Don't know if they're going to re-use this idea but why not. It's completely optional and counts as almost a different game mode :D

Then to new weapons I'd like to see them add from past games:

Galil

My all time favorite weapon <3 the only problem is that there's already so much good assault rifles and FFAR is more likely.

Python (or other revolver)

There isn't any revolvers in BO3 which is a bit suprising. I'd like to get those back.

Some "bad" weapon

just to balance the box

The Wonder Weapons

I'm pretty sure that they're going to have 4 different wonder weapons like in Origins and Der Eisendrache. Hopefully they don't recycle staffs, but if they did that they should still change them in some way. One interesting idea would be having 4 completely different kind of wonder weapons and it would add replayability. And they should have to make them more balanced (don't make one of the weapons overpowered compared to others and also have about same difficulty to upgrading all of them)

That's about it... What are your thoughts? :)

Awards

anonymous    339

Same favourite weapons as you....the Galil. Really hope they put that one in the game, but I don't think they do it. And indeed, a revolver, I really miss them when I play BO3 at a friend. I prefer the Python over the Executioner but every type of revolver would be good. And I certainly hope for more bad, non automatic weapons, how stupid it seems. The weapons, as well from the box as from the wall are all too OP, Imo. Something like the war machine or balistic knife would be great. Or the Olympia.

And when you talk about the wonderweapon, I go with the crowd that says the Apothican Servant will return. That being said, the Apothican Servant has a Margwa heart as part, and I think not only Margwas, but more Apothicans will return. It is the final great battle against those corrupted Keepers, so why not?

Awards

jiipee95    37
5 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Same favourite weapons as you....the Galil. Really hope they put that one in the game, but I don't think they do it. And indeed, a revolver, I really miss them when I play BO3 at a friend. I prefer the Python over the Executioner but every type of revolver would be good. And I certainly hope for more bad, non automatic weapons, how stupid it seems. The weapons, as well from the box as from the wall are all too OP, Imo. Something like the war machine or balistic knife would be great. Or the Olympia.

And when you talk about the wonderweapon, I go with the crowd that says the Apothican Servant will return. That being said, the Apothican Servant has a Margwa heart as part, and I think not only Margwas, but more Apothicans will return. It is the final great battle against those corrupted Keepers, so why not?

I also like python more than Executioner because Python has a longer range, also Marshals in BO3 are a bit similar to Executioner. And yeah the box need both good and bad weapons to be a gamble it's supposed to be. Now that the snipers and shotguns are pretty good all everything you can get from the box is quite good. Which is exactly why I think they added MX-Garand and L4-Siege. But before DLC3 the box pretty much had only guns that were as good as wall weapons or slightly better/worse. And IMO the box should have all kind of crap and the very good guns. 

As for Apothican Servant to return I don't like the idea at all... I like the weapon, but I just don't like recycling the same wonder weapons. Especially for the last DLC! Also I want a new kind of boss zombies rather than Margwas.

Awards

Greer    9

We'll definitely have the next group of DLC weapons (maybe not the infinite ammo LMG though), I don't know what else we'll get honestly. I'd like to see the Thompson since we've have the PPSH and the MP40 (kinda)

Awards

Sco14    0

They will probably add more supply drop weapons like the Banshi or the reintroduced Peacekeeper. HG is most likely coming back along with the MX and FFAR. Wonder weapon is going to be the original staffs not the copies Maxis made in Origins.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

On 7/29/2016 at 5:17 AM, anonymous said:

Just a tiny bit of storyline ranting here... the Apothicons evolved and mutated into the Cthulu-esque abominations while they were banished in the Dark Aether. They were banished after the Great War. We also see the King's cipher message where he talks about how after the battle Primis told him to build his castle on the battlefield. Then we see paintings of that castle in a wasteland and ravaged by the mutated Apothicons. There were two wars. The first was won, the second was lost. We might be going back to the second war and not the first... or maybe both? What if it's like Shangri-La's Easter Egg with the eclipse and we go back and forth in time between the two wars?!? AGHCKGHA!!! I'm getting WAY too excited and hyped over pure speculation!

• Like 2

On 7/29/2016 at 4:45 AM, jiipee95 said:

PPSH-41

This one is a fan favorite and it would be stupid to not include this one on the final DLC.

MX-Garand

This weapon is pretty bad but I think they'll add it to balance the box because of the new more powerful weapons it has.

L4-Siege

Same as above.

Shadowclaw

Same as above

I don't believe we will get the beloved PPSH-41 back in DLC4. It has a home in Stalingrad, and it seems like a good map-specific weapon.

Why do you hate the MX-Garand? I like that gun, and it is actually quite powerful! The only issue with it (which is why I never use it long-term) is that you can't manually reload it. Probably going to return.

The L4-Siege is quite good for specific purposes, but isn't your general "good gun". I think it will make a return.

The NX Shadowclaws are OP as hell in co-op, but utterly useless in solo. Great weapon to return.

On 7/29/2016 at 4:45 AM, jiipee95 said:

Raygun Mark 3

I'd like to have this on the box as I think the wonder weapon(s) in this map is going to be buildable/quest to get it. It would make the box a bit more appealing to players and also make it possible to play the map without completing those WW build/upgrade missions.

What i think/dare to hope Treyarch does here is have the "finished product" of the Mark 3's in DLC 4 and add it to all maps. This one would just be the right gun dual wielded and would have the classic ray gun-esque aesthetic design (red and green). It would have improved damage over the right gun on the GKZ-45 Mk3, putting it on par with the Mark 2, however would be without the benefits of the left gun. It would be well balanced, and would add replayability to all maps.

Wonder Weapons:

I have no clue what the main wonder weapon(s) for the map will be. But I think that for the boss fight we will wield the original staves of the ancients. Treyarch, please make the boss fight f@#$ing brutal, and make those staves OP as F@#$ING HELL! Make that final moment feel like all-out WAR!

jiipee95    37
8 hours ago, AetherialVoices said:

I don't believe we will get the beloved PPSH-41 back in DLC4. It has a home in Stalingrad, and it seems like a good map-specific weapon.

Why do you hate the MX-Garand? I like that gun, and it is actually quite powerful! The only issue with it (which is why I never use it long-term) is that you can't manually reload it. Probably going to return.

The L4-Siege is quite good for specific purposes, but isn't your general "good gun". I think it will make a return.

The NX Shadowclaws are OP as hell in co-op, but utterly useless in solo. Great weapon to return.

I don't hate the MX-Garand, but I just think it's not that great. The reloading is the biggest issue for me. And you have much more powerful weapons (like the snipers).

L4-Siege is suprisingly good but it's still explosive. I happened to upgrade it just out of curiosity and pretty much ended up downing have myself every now and then...

Shadowclaws are pretty damn good in CO-OP but they just lack the firepower if others are not going down easily. Pretty much if I have those I also have Mule Kick.

I really didn't think about the fact that Origins staffs were just copies. There's a high chance that the original staffs make an appearance then. I just hope they're slightly altered and balanced. Also don't make the Ice staff to have the easiest build/upgrade :D

Awards

WCRobinson    3

I'd actually love to see the Thompson back in some form. I think of that gun fondly in the older maps, so perhaps a slightly updated version of that would be awesome.

Awards

Lenne    415

Speaking of weapons: I hope they add something along the lines of what Buried had with the chalk.

This time around though you can choose any box weapon which has a weapon kit/needs to be ranked up. You can choose which gun you want in some new settings option and you are good to go. That would be lovely.

I hope the Commando will be a gun that makes an appearance since it is my favourite gun in all of Zombies. The Galil already got it's return in BO II :P

jiipee95    37
22 hours ago, Lenne said:

Speaking of weapons: I hope they add something along the lines of what Buried had with the chalk.

This time around though you can choose any box weapon which has a weapon kit/needs to be ranked up. You can choose which gun you want in some new settings option and you are good to go. That would be lovely.

I hope the Commando will be a gun that makes an appearance since it is my favourite gun in all of Zombies. The Galil already got it's return in BO II :P

Do you mean like you could decide which wall weapons are available before the match? Or have every gun somewhere and you could go draw it wherever you like? Personally not a huge fan of the idea... It'd be nice to have a few new box weapons on the wall for easier level up, but also would make it pretty boring if they added the option to choose whatever you want on the walls. This would make box a bit less useful again. Powerful weapons like Drakon shouldn't be on the wall. Those are the reason you go to gamble your points. 

Also I know Galil was in BO2 but it'd be nice to have it again on BO3. Though I doubt they'll add any new AR because of FFAR.

Awards

Lenne    415
24 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

Do you mean like you could decide which wall weapons are available before the match? Or have every gun somewhere and you could go draw it wherever you like? Personally not a huge fan of the idea... It'd be nice to have a few new box weapons on the wall for easier level up, but also would make it pretty boring if they added the option to choose whatever you want on the walls. This would make box a bit less useful again. Powerful weapons like Drakon shouldn't be on the wall. Those are the reason you go to gamble your points. 

Also I know Galil was in BO2 but it'd be nice to have it again on BO3. Though I doubt they'll add any new AR because of FFAR.

I mean before the match.

I don't know about your overpowered point since as soon as you access the Pack a Punch and spend 7500 points total you already have the chance to have an unlimited damage gun in your possession no matter what gun you originally put in the machine.

But I guess to balance it out you can only choose one gun per match and have it cost more than your usual wall weapon.

My point is that I just would like an option to make the ranking guns up process less random.

Castun50    16

I highly doubt theyll add any older weapons back in. I think that was just a one time. Mxgrand not a fan of it either. Slow fire rate, manual reload, just hate it, give me the grenade launcher on it and we can atleast call it decent. Galil and the commando would be nice but i highly doubt theyd do it again. Ray guns will never need to be built. That's ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

Awards