Are the pre-Blundell maps really in just one universe?

AetherialVoices

Now this is something which I would really like to see some discussion on.

Here are a couple little pieces of Monty's dialogue:

"the universe is fractured and broken. Something that you clowns hold more than at least some degree of responsibility for."

"this big, change-y, already volatile universe... and then you shatter it with a hammer. A metaphorical hammer. And it cracks and splinters into a million other universes. All coexisting at exactly the same time..."

"He opened the portal between the worlds and well, that's where, when shit really went tits up."

"You all fought in World War I... That was true, that happened. Later, some other versions of you ended up as lab rats in some crazy World War II experiments... Your memories were mostly erased and you just kind of bumbled and stumbled around in time and space, oblivious to your past and future actions."

"stop thinking in terms of originals, old and new. It-it's not like that."

These quotes appear to be saying that the "metaphorical hammer" was when they opened the portal in France (Origins Easter Egg). They also appear to be saying that, quite possibly the "original timeline" was merely one (or multiple) universe in millions. I'm not sure that the "hammer" was the Origins EE. If they are in fact saying that the "original" timeline was post shattering of the universe, then when exactly did Origins take place? How did Samantha end up in Agartha? Why does the Kronorium, the "creation story" of the universe, say that after the Great War the Keepers ascended to become the wards of ALL universes instead of THE universe? This last point proves that the shattering of the universe took place (most likely) during that Great War. We know that our four heroes were most likely there in their Primis forms. It is probably the Primis versions of them that shattered the universe. Then whatever Samantha this is in Agartha decided to try to fix things and found the Origins versions started them on this quest to make a better Primis that will fix things.

Anyway, I would love to see what you all make of all this!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I feel this ZNS cipher is very relevant here:

“Richtofen must understand that using these teleporters to jump between dimensions is both dangerous and imprecise. At any point, the fabric of space-time could collapse if the proper amounts of 115 are not maintained. l am also concerned about the unknown effects of trans-dimensional jumps. l have noticed even with my brief travels that new memories and emotions have flooded my mind, suddenly appearing from nowhere. l am also sure something is happening on a molecular level as well.”

What this could mean is the Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai that were at Der Riese may not even technically be the same versions as those that fight in Moon. This would explain minor inconsistencies, like scars on the character models and Takeo's mustache in Kino onward. It's very possible this "fracture" began as soon as Richtofen first used the MDT. And with every subsequent use the universe could have fractured even further.

But that is just a theory. It very well could be all the same universe up until Buried.

Onto your latter point, the universe could have been fractured for eons for all we know, and it might all just be one cycle that has repeated itself over and over, with every cycle potentially fracturing it even more?

Confusing stuff to wrap your brain around. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

9 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

I feel this ZNS cipher is very relevant here:

What this could mean is the Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai that were at Der Riese may not even technically be the same versions as those that fight in Moon. This would explain minor inconsistencies, like scars on the character models and Takeo's mustache in Kino onward. It's very possible this "fracture" began as soon as Richtofen first used the MDT. And with every subsequent use the universe could have fractured even further.

But that is just a theory. It very well could be all the same universe up until Buried.

Onto your latter point, the universe could have been fractured for eons for all we know, and it might all just be one cycle that has repeated itself over and over, with every cycle potentially fracturing it even more?

Confusing stuff to wrap your brain around. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

That is what I thought for a long time as well. This is my Aetherial Multiverse Theory. Parts of it could be true, but it appears that Treyarch is going the route of one giant fracture, and then with the movement between universes it is causing the bleeding of universes that we see.

I believe Nacht through Buried, minus Mob of the Dead, were one universe. Even if they were a bunch of extremely similar universes that are nearly exactly the same, what is the point? A = A even if the second A was drawn with a crayon. If we find out they were in fact separate universes, then fine. But until we know, I believe speculation has to default to them being the same universe. It's like splitting up a movie into three reels with different scenes on them. Sure it is possible they all came from three distinct places with three distinct studios and hiring all the actors on three distinct occasions, but occam's razor (am I using that correctly?) the simplest solution suggests they are equivocal and the same.

Also, when Monty says "then you shatter it with a hammer. A metaphorical hammer." I do not believe he is referring to you, the Heroes. I believe he is using the vague, plural, metaphorical use of the word you. Think of it like this. Take this video game. Then you put it in your DVD player. Wait that can't be right? Why did you put in your DVD player? Okay, but seriously, see the way I used the word you right then? I'm not suggesting that you actually put your game in your DVD player. I'm describing a scenario. The word you is vague like that. We really need to make up new pronouns in the English language.

So what was the event that shattered the worlds? I don't think it was the end of Origins, as that seemed righteous, peaceful, even... holy. It was what set our Heroes in motion, but more importantly, it was supposed to be a reward, an end to things. Take, in opposition, the end of Buried, specifically the Maxis side. It was literally a destructive act, to destroy the barriers of universes. I think that's a more likely candidate for the Hammer. Not to mention that if this is true, then Maxis's plan worked. He created alternate timelines/realms by shattering the world, and in some of them Samantha can exist once again. He always did like sacrificing the world for her. I also don't think she is literally in Agartha. I think she thinks that. But we'll have to wait and see.

Archived