CoDz Forum Mobile App

Hells Warrrior

• Tech Admin

We are now in the world of apps, we have at present our app live and available for download on the Apple App store.

53725892e2c3aaba817ea727456ca535.png

Now, I had a helluva fight with Apple trying to get the app name we wanted which was "CoDz Forum" or "callofdutyzombies.com" but due to trademark issues they wouldn't approve either of them. Even though CoDz is not trademarked or forum and callofdutyzombies.com is legally owned by us and we provided the proof that they required they refused due to association.

So, the app is call "The Number One Zombies Community - for Call of Duty Zombies" as it was the name Apple basically said would be accepted (trust me, I've been fighting for 3 weeks on this issue).

It essentially the same as the Tapatalk app, when you access the forum via the tapatalk app but now you don't need to go through Tapatalk to access the site, you can simple access the site via the CoDz app.

Once in the app, it is white background but if you go to settings from the menu in the top right, you can change the look and feel and go to the night reading mode for a grey tone background. You can include or exclude your signature (defaulted to sent from iphone using call of zombies mobile app). 

We hope you all enjoy and use the new app, the Android app will follow shortly.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Tech Admin
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Sounds great. Will it also be for windows phone once?

OK, as it stands no. It is not worth the investment for so little user was the response received. However, the understanding they have is that windows phones will soon support Android - so the answer will probably be a yes if that's true.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Tech Admin

Sorry to announce folk's, the CoDz forum mobile app will soon be disappearing from the App store with Apple. It will still be available via tapatalk app but not as a standalone app. 

The costs for hosting, forum software, apps such as tapatalk etc. are expensive and we are not receiving the ad revenue that we once received. So we are cutting back on costs, as donations are scarce and everything is being paid out of our own pockets and i'm no longer putting the same amount of funds into the site to keep it going when ad revenue falls short of covering costs. Not because I don't have any love for the site, I just need my funds for other things at this time.

So unfortunately, the CoDz app is no more as of today, sorry for the short notice.

Archived