Monopoly Mac

What Richthofen's been doing

Monopoly Mac    39

So I don't have a huge amount of evidence to substantiate this claim so I'm just going to call this a very light theory. It's based on a radio and a cipher and even a quote! Haha. 

So my theory is that Richtofen, in the 2 years that he was gone, wasn't just looking for the specific souls he needed for the summoning key. I believe that he was looking for them and killing all the other versions that didn't fit the bill. 

DIE.png

I think Richtofen wasn't being hyperbolic with this statement. ALL of them have to die. In every single universe. In "The Giant", Richtofen has a quote that goes like this 

"Mein Gott... what have I done?! (pants) Stop it Edward. Breathe. (pants) It's okay... it's okay. This is important. This is what you have to do. Even if another part of you dies, each and every time." 

Another part of him dies each and every time.... each and every time? How many times have you had to do this, Edward??? Well that's my point. A lot. 

There is a radio on The Giant that I think also pertains to this mission. It goes as follows.

"Look around you Edward, the giant sleeps.  This facility was once alive with activity, now it is a graveyard.  Group 935 are no more.  What remains of their work has been scattered to the four winds, only echoes and shadows remain.  The test subject can never be allowed to awaken, the havoc that could be wrecked upon the future by such simple-minded individuals would be catastrophic.  Heed my warning."

Now I used to be confused by why Maxis said the test subjects were not allowed to awaken when the team was clearly trying to release them. Of course that was before Der Eisendrache, where we learned that Richtofen needed to kill them. This radio is Maxis (from the house) showing Richtofen a universe where Group 935 is no more. A little bit of a trans-dimensional tour. He is preparing him for his mission. The test subjects can never be allowed to awaken.... which is why you need to kill them all!

Of course I have no earthly idea why he needs to kill all the versions of these characters. I don't even know why he needs the souls now! But like I said this is just a theory but I think it's a pretty interesting one. Thanks for reading. Oh yeah. I also have a DIRECT QUOTE FROM MAXIS.

EDWARD AS YOU KNOW IT IS IMPERATIVE YOU AND THE GROUP FIND THE EXACT VERSIONS OF YOURSELVES THAT I HAVE HIGHLIGHTED IN EACH UNIVERSE ONLY BY KILLING THAT VERSION OF YOURSELF IN THAT PARTICULAR UNIVERSE AT THAT PARTICULAR MOMENT IN TIME WILL WE BE SUCCESSFUL ONCE EACH OF YOUR OTHER SELVES ARE KILLED ACROSS ALL UNIVERSES REMEMBER WE ARE ONLY IMMUNE BECAUSE WE OPENED THE PORTAL IN FRANCE BUT I AM AFRAID THIS MIGHT NOT BE PERMANENT I FEAR THERE IS SOMETHING M ISN T TELLING ME AND THAT THERE IS NOT MUCH TIME LEFT FOR US

Edited by Monopoly Mac
  • Like 2

Awards

RadZakpak    85

This would actually make some sense.

"My name is Edward Richtofen, and I have been trying so very hard to do the right thing. Long ago, I made a promise. A vow to protect him. In order to keep my word, I have done bad things. VERY bad things. I do not regret the pain that I have caused because none of it really matters. This moment... this... me. All of it will soon be gone. I have lied, I have cheated, I have deceived. All for a purpose you could never understand. I would not change a single thing. He thinks I do not know, but I do. The blood will protect me."

Richtofen has been travelling for years, at least they are perceived as years to them, but a very long time. Within that huge gap in time between Origins and The Giant, he could have easily been offing different versions of our crew. Nikolai even says in The Giant that he has killed many Richtofens in their travels. Perhaps the key is eliminating all traces of themselves except Primis, which may be them, or it may even be something to do with the versions whose souls they captured.

The question to me is, what makes these particular versions of them so important that they must live while Richtofen kills the rest, and what makes the souls of the versions we capture in-game so important?

Also, I think this quote from Monty is supposed to be implicating something similar to what you are saying:

Before he caught up with you guys, he spent years traveling. Searching out just the right versions of you. The ones who held the key to closing off the other dimensions. I think you know by now exactly what that entails.

Tac    462
On 7/18/2016 at 10:34 PM, RadZakpak said:

The question to me is, what makes these particular versions of them so important that they must live while Richtofen kills the rest, and what makes the souls of the versions we capture in-game so important?

I wonder this too, especially after Monty having quotes about how snowflakes aren't that unique. If these characters are just fragmentations of themselves, what is it about these particular fragments that is unique, when he says that all of them are basically just them with no special qualities. It'll be peculiar to find out.

Nieno69    126

I must confide in Dempsey, he alone holds the key to salvation. Either him or Nikolai. Or Takeo [Tak-e-o]. Or is it Takeo ( *Ta key o)? I have never known.

Quote from richtofen when pap in the giant

Who knows...what this "key" is...and are all the souls special - or did he refer to the living ones? Or only one of them but to make sure he has the one he takes all?

Edited by Nieno69

Awards

RadZakpak    85

Perhaps the captured souls are basically the same as the versions from the original non-fragmented universe, and they must all be returned to the house to be part of the original universe. But if that were the case, what about the non-fragmented Groph for example? Or Sophia? John F. Kennedy? Any of the billions of people on Earth? Why are only these four particular people so important in repairing a broken universe?

I'm excitedly waiting to see what their importance is.

Edited by RadZakpak

Mattzs    10

On 7/18/2016 at 6:49 PM, Monopoly Mac said:

Of course I have no earthly idea why he needs to kill all the versions of these characters. I don't even know why he needs the souls now! But like I said this is just a theory but I think it's a pretty interesting one. Thanks for reading. Oh yeah. I also have a DIRECT QUOTE FROM MAXI 

10 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Perhaps the captured souls are basically the same as the versions from the original non-fragmented universe, and they must all be returned to the house to be part of the original universe. But if that were the case, what about the non-fragmented Groph for example? Or Sophia? John F. Kennedy? Any of the billions of people on Earth? Why are only these four particular people so important in repairing a broken universe?

I'm excitedly waiting to see what their importance is.

My guess is that the versions that had to be absorbed by the summoning key are chosen because:

1. They exhibit personalities similar to the 1.0 crew

2. They are uncursed and pure versions of the 1.0 crew. If you look at the figures killed, absorbed, and sent into the house, they are unaffected and unaffiliated with their universe's Richtofen. 

Dempsey was in stasis, Takeo was captured, and Nikolia was sent back to Russia (implying he escaped from 935 or was never captured).

In each situation, the trio never participated in Richtofen's grand scheme and were not literally subject to his machinations.

If the cursed survive, maybe it takes the uncursed (those not fated to be with Richtofen) to undo the catastrophe created by the 1.0 crew. 

Edited by Mattzs

Awards

Monopoly Mac    39

@Mattzs honestly I have no idea what makes the 1.0 souls special. Even Dr. Monty himself says that none of them are special but clearly these ones have to be. We'll just have to wait and see why these souls have specifically been chosen.

Edited by Monopoly Mac

Awards

Mattzs    10
8 minutes ago, Monopoly Mac said:

@Mattzs honestly I have no idea what makes the 1.0 souls special. Even Dr. Monty himself says that none of them are special but clearly these ones have to be. We'll just have to wait and see why these souls have specifically been chosen.

I would say it is because the 1.0 crew is responsible for the entire state of the multiverse. Thus, for reasons we don't know, the only way to undo the work of the 1.0 crew is with a crew with similar personalities. 

Essentially, fighting fire with fire. If 1.0 Dempsey and co. caused the universe to shatter, a similar Dempsey and co. can fix the multiverse. Hence why I proposed the new souls are pure because they have not been affected by Richtofen.

Edited by Mattzs

Awards

Mattzs    10

Also, maybe the reason why Richtofen and the others need the blood to protect them is because when the universe is fixed all the alternate universes will cease to exist. Therefore they need the blood of individuals from the main universe to shield them from being written out of existence. 

• Like 1

Awards