Jump to content
AetherialVoices

All Dr. Monty Quotes

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, AetherialVoices said:

Monty is the fluke. The overlords don't care about humans or the universe. Monty wants to fix things and in doing so is working against the overlords.

Now I think about it again, in MrRoffleWaffles interview with Blundell, it was said that Margwas are controlled by Overlords. Margwas are obviously at the Apothican side, as well in the Great War, as in SoE. Doesn't that mean that

1) Overlords are Apothican

2) Apothican are more in favour by the Overlords than the Keepers are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

@LegitimateRage you raise an interesting point, in regards to the 10th wisp, when you said Monty controls everything ever. If memory serves me correct, during the Moon Easter egg, Samantha warns Richtofen that (to paraphrase) "something far more sinister than me resides here" in the aether. I know that Moon was a while back, and while I don't believe he was at the time, I am leaning to Blundell retroactively making either Monty or the Apothicans this sinister force. But given these new revelations, the box, chalks, drops, I'm fairly certain it's Monty. It's stands to reason that if he's responsible for them, then Samantha was never fully in control. It also makes her motivations a little clearer, that if she were in control of the zombies in a state of rage directed at 935, why then would she give aid to people, especially Richtofen. But then what exactly is Monty aiming to fix? What has been a prevailing theme throughout zombies? Control. Whether it was Richtofen getting to the MPD and taking over in Moon, or the branching ends to Buried, the antagonists have always sought control. Monty could very well be an Apothican hiding in plain sight, like the Shadow Man. Desperately seeking to reign in control of the Aether, under the guise of fixing everything. Hell, we've heard that before too. When Maxis had us light the beacons in Blops2, it was under the impression that we would be fixing everything, when he just wanted to wrest control of the Aether from Richtofen to find Samantha in Agartha, at the expense of the earth. Richtofen wanted control of the Aether so that the realm would become his personal plaything. We have always been guided be seemingly benevolent forces to do unspeakably miserable things. The important thing to note here is what Richtofen said in his memories trailer, about "he thinks I do not know." This is the key here, his insurance plan and why he'd need it. That Monty is in fact a foe, purposefully leading us into a trap. 

 

Again, this is all just theory. I could be waaaaay wrong. This story is consistent in being unpredictable. But given how storytelling works, it's suuuuuper rare for an ally to be introduced in what is essentially the 3rd act. Especially one with as much significance to the plot as Monty. Even more so when we were treated to the mysterious insurance policy before his formal introduction. It all screams villain to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

@anonymous By that logic that means Samantha is a hellhound. Being in control of something does not mean you are that thing. My current interpretation of the Kronorium at the moment is this; The Elders (aka overlords) created the universe and keepers. Keepers saw how fucked up and evil the elders were and decided to shut them out. Some keepers decided to side with the elders and called themselves the apothicons. The rest is pretty self explanatory from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Dr.Monty is god.

 

Check this out:

 

Monty Pythons God.

 

Tone sounds familiar doesn't it.

 

Ever wonder why the gobblegum comes from the mouth of a lion?

 

And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. 2 Timothy 4:17

 

The magic box, perks, drops & gobblegum all gifts from god.

 

So if Dr.Monty is god (The supreme being) & can only affect change via influence (Nudging, planting a seed ,an idea) who is the one nudging back towards chaos? Apothicons & Keepers are just squabbling factions of demons. Who started all the shit to put it like Dr.Monty

 

Ever wonder why the overt Roman theme in BOIII all the way back to Version?

 

Why the need for an ancient setting such as Empire?

 

I don't know maybe I'm grasping at straws.

 

Lastly this one is super weak but it's there:

 

Dr. Monty is an Anagram of sorts:

 

Tynd .Rom (Dr. Monty). which when searched produced: so tynd. rom. xiv. alius enim. So Rhemish 1582

 

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Uv48AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA1094&lpg=PA1094&dq=so+tynd.+rom.+xiv.+alius+enim&source=bl&ots=G1k8ogAHYt&sig=ukQplY2BDNvrnC70qILNJdmvFKw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj52aym7YTOAhWlI8AKHbtRB3oQ6AEIIDAA#v=onepage&q=so tynd. rom. xiv. alius enim&f=false

 

Make of it what you will.

 

Regards Alpha.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tEfugleskremmel said:

@LegitimateRage you raise an interesting point, in regards to the 10th wisp, when you said Monty controls everything ever. If memory serves me correct, during the Moon Easter egg, Samantha warns Richtofen that (to paraphrase) "something far more sinister than me resides here" in the aether. I know that Moon was a while back, and while I don't believe he was at the time, I am leaning to Blundell retroactively making either Monty or the Apothicans this sinister force. But given these new revelations, the box, chalks, drops, I'm fairly certain it's Monty. It's stands to reason that if he's responsible for them, then Samantha was never fully in control. It also makes her motivations a little clearer, that if she were in control of the zombies in a state of rage directed at 935, why then would she give aid to people, especially Richtofen. But then what exactly is Monty aiming to fix? What has been a prevailing theme throughout zombies? Control. Whether it was Richtofen getting to the MPD and taking over in Moon, or the branching ends to Buried, the antagonists have always sought control. Monty could very well be an Apothican hiding in plain sight, like the Shadow Man. Desperately seeking to reign in control of the Aether, under the guise of fixing everything. Hell, we've heard that before too. When Maxis had us light the beacons in Blops2, it was under the impression that we would be fixing everything, when he just wanted to wrest control of the Aether from Richtofen to find Samantha in Agartha, at the expense of the earth. Richtofen wanted control of the Aether so that the realm would become his personal plaything. We have always been guided be seemingly benevolent forces to do unspeakably miserable things. The important thing to note here is what Richtofen said in his memories trailer, about "he thinks I do not know." This is the key here, his insurance plan and why he'd need it. That Monty is in fact a foe, purposefully leading us into a trap. 

 

Again, this is all just theory. I could be waaaaay wrong. This story is consistent in being unpredictable. But given how storytelling works, it's suuuuuper rare for an ally to be introduced in what is essentially the 3rd act. Especially one with as much significance to the plot as Monty. Even more so when we were treated to the mysterious insurance policy before his formal introduction. It all screams villain to me. 

 

I don't think wisp ten should be interpreted as Monty controlling everything ever. He specifically says that certain events forced him to step in, which in another wisp he indicates was the opening of the portal after Origins, so Samantha's actions in Moon were her own.

 

Also, the fact that both Maxis and the Shadow Man already played up that rope is exactly why I'm trusting Dr. Monty. I don't foresee them going down that same path again, and if they do I'd be slightly disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tac said:

 

I don't think wisp ten should be interpreted as Monty controlling everything ever. He specifically says that certain events forced him to step in, which in another wisp he indicates was the opening of the portal after Origins, so Samantha's actions in Moon were her own.

 

Also, the fact that both Maxis and the Shadow Man already played up that rope is exactly why I'm trusting Dr. Monty. I don't foresee them going down that same path again, and if they do I'd be slightly disappointed.

But why then would they have Maxis be the one who betrays us, again? Or Richtofen for that matter. Kind of flies in the face of all of the character building Blundell has worked hard on. It still really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to introduce a protagonist of this importance so late in the narrative. I will agree that maxis choosing not to disclose certain things to Richtofen is specious, it's no altogether evil. However, they way in which Monty addresses Tank, Takeo and Nikolai at the end of the EE is the classic heel turn. Sowing seeds of distrust in a character with flaws to undermine their purpose/goals. He also has contempt for Richtofens characteristics when addressing him directly while downed. You talk about disappointment, I would be more so if Richtofen/Maxis are the bad guy(s). Because then nothing has really changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Seeing what Dr. Monty says to Takeo, Richtofen and Dempsey, perhaps Richtofen is no longer on our side. Examples are from

"I don't want to stir things up, but Dempsey and Richtofen look like their scheming something" 

"I got my eye on you" Towards Richtofen. 

"Didn't you absolutely hate him at one point? Keep an eye on him, I think he's up to something" 

So either Dr. Monty is trying to make Richtofen look like a bad guy or he's truly up to something bad. It would explain Richtofen all of a sudden being more secretive then ever, not giving his soul to the Portal in the sky at the end of Love and War. I hope this isn't true, I want to see Richtofen be a hero for once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Dr. Shneinhood said:

Seeing what Dr. Monty says to Takeo, Richtofen and Dempsey, perhaps Richtofen is no longer on our side. Examples are from

"I don't want to stir things up, but Dempsey and Richtofen look like their scheming something" 

"I got my eye on you" Towards Richtofen. 

"Didn't you absolutely hate him at one point? Keep an eye on him, I think he's up to something" 

So either Dr. Monty is trying to make Richtofen look like a bad guy or he's truly up to something bad. It would explain Richtofen all of a sudden being more secretive then ever, not giving his soul to the Portal in the sky at the end of Love and War. I hope this isn't true, I want to see Richtofen be a hero for once. 

Here is my interpretation for what is going on:

Monty shows up at the house and tells Maxis he will help fix things. Monty tells Maxis to have Richtofen get the Kronorium and bring it back to them. Richtofen finds AND READS the Kronorium, learning everything that is to come. Richtofen gives the Kronorium to Maxis and Monty. Richtofen knows that once their souls are secured in the house that they will be unnecessary to Monty's plans and gets Maxis' help in collecting the blood vials. Monty knows Richtofen is doing something behind his back, but doesn't know what. Thus, he attempts to turn the others against Richtofen because at this point he isn't needed any more. Maxis knows that Richtofen knows some things, but doesn't know that he knows EVERYTHING. Richtofen knows that they need to follow Monty for the time being for the plan to succeed, thus he doesn't tell the others of Monty's intention of killing them. "He does not think I know, but I do. The blood will protect me." Eddie is the version of Richtofen that is needed for the plan to succeed, and Richtofen knows this. This is why he killed his other self, but seemingly didn't collect the soul. He lied to the others to secure their trust and make them think that he was going through the same thing they were. In the end, for the universe to become one again, there can only be one version of each person that survives in that universe. That is why they COULD go to a dimension OUTSIDE of the universe. One of the ones that Monty speaks of "cutting off". They could live on in peace (relatively speaking) in another dimension away from Monty and all of the shit going on in the universe. Anyway, that's just my two cents on whats going on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, AetherialVoices said:

@anonymous By that logic that means Samantha is a hellhound. Being in control of something does not mean you are that thing. My current interpretation of the Kronorium at the moment is this; The Elders (aka overlords) created the universe and keepers. Keepers saw how fucked up and evil the elders were and decided to shut them out. Some keepers decided to side with the elders and called themselves the apothicons. The rest is pretty self explanatory from there.

It doesn't only mean that Overlords are Apothicans, but it also could be that Apothicans are on the Overlords side (like Hellhounds at Samantha's side). But you say Keepers all once were at the evil side, but a cipher says otherwise. The cipher says all Apothicans once were (good) Keepers, but the dark Aether corrupted them, so they became evil Apothicans (like the Overlords?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct (CoC for short) for using the website can be found here

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here

Our Terms of Use

The terms of use can be found here

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .