All Dr. Monty Quotes

AetherialVoices

Dr. Monty Quotes and Radios

I have seen many people make transcripts of what Dr. Monty says, but I have seen all of them have some minor errors. Some things are a lot easier to make out now that we have clear audio of the quotes and are different than people thought. Thus, I decided to make a full transcript of these amazing quotes.

Round 14 Quote to all Characters:

"I have been watching. I have seen each and every one of your misdeeds. I know who you are. Sounds ominous, doesn't it? GOOD! Because it fucking is!"

Round 15 Quote to all Characters:

"The entirety of the universe is fractured and broken. Something that you clowns hold more than at least some degree of responsibility for. Guess what? You're gonna fix it! Look, just do what you usually do. Listen out for radios and things, and I'll help wherever I can."

Monty Wisp #1 (Tank Factory Tank):

"HELLO? (Tapping noise is heard) Testing, testing, te-... Do you hear me? Testiiing, testing... Actually, I don't know why I'm doing all this. I'm almost one hundred percent certain that you can hear me. So let's not fanny about. Okay... Where best to start?... The Universe is big. Really big. So try to imagine the biggest thing that you can, and then imagine you're waaay off. It's a million billion trillion eeaah... zillion? Times bigger than that. Actually, don't worry about the size. It's fucking huge, let's just leave it at that. More important than it's humongous proportions, is the fact that the Universe is a living, breathing thing... ever changing, ever shifting. Existing across time... and space itself. With me so far?"

Monty Wisp #2 (Belinksi Square Wheelbarrow):

"Alright! So you've got this Universe; this big, change-y, already volatile universe... and then you shatter it with a hammer. A metaphorical hammer. And it cracks and splinters into a million other universes. All coexisting at exactly the same time... (Deep sigh) Do you have ANY idea how difficult that is to keep track of? I may be omnipotent, but I can't be everywhere."

Monty Wisp #3 (Supply Depot Dragon Station):

"Now, if it had been entirely up to me, you numbskulls would be the last people I would entrust with this. But, due to factors outside my control... you're all I've got. I know there's a lot going on, I know it's a lot to take IN. But the Universe is deeply unstable right now, and things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. Crazy as things are, I will try my absolute best to give you all some one-on-one time... some good ol' fashion TLC. Do this right, and everything will be okay... Pinky promise!"

Monty Wisp #4 (Hatchery to the left of PaP):

"Maxis... huh. He was the first. The vessel you constructed for him back in World War I somehow shielded him from the influence of element 115. He opened the portal between the worlds and well, that's where, when shit really went tits up. The world within the world got turned upside down and inside out, if you can imagine such a thing. So anyway, uh, it was around then that I was forced to... step in."

Monty Wisp #5 (Department Store Rugs):

"Samantha... oooh boy! You ever heard the phrase 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'? Well, that fury's even worse with a little girl. Especially one as confused as that poor child is. She really didn't get much of a chance, did she? Right out of the gate she was thrown into this madness. Before she could ever figure out exactly WHO she was. Still, that's all ancient history now. She's safe... in the house."

Monty Wisp #6 (Bridge):

"Okay... here's a quick cheat sheet. You all fought in World War I. Woopie! You were badass heroes. That was true, that happened. Later, some other versions of you ended up as lab rats in some crazy World War II experiments. Experiments that left you a bit... kind of... not that smart. Your memories were mostly erased and you just kind of bumbled and stumbled around in time and space, oblivious to your past and future actions."

Monty Wisp #7 (Department Store Mannequin):

"You know how people say that every snowflake is unique? That every single one is an individual, a one of a kind irrefutable evidence of the miracles of mother nature? Well! It's not true. Snowflakes aren't all that unique. There are really only about twelve different designs. The point I'm making is that you lot are hardly one of a kind snowflakes. You were fragmented across a multitude of different realities, but each and every one is basically the same. You are all you. The liar, the braggart, the drunk, the one who didn't know what he had until it was gone. The good soldier, never disobeyed orders, never broke protocol, still kicked ass all the same. The loyal servant, a warrior out of time, born too late or born too early, honor bound to dying traditions. The man child, broken and twisted by a life burdened with knowledge, living like a soul that is perpetually drowning."

Monty Wisp #8 (Dragon Control Roof):

"You need to stop thinking in terms of originals, old and new. It-it's not like that. When you look in the mirror it's still you. If you crack that mirror, you see multiple reflections. It doesn't mean you've actually multiplied, does it? Honestly, I'm not sure why I'm trying to explain it. Shit's fucked up, please, fix it."

Monty Wisp #9 (Hatchery Roof):

"You see, the thing is I'm meant to stay on the sidelines, not really supposed to get involved. Free will and all that stuff. Oh, ah uh, that was my idea by the way. However, I do see stuff, now and then, that makes me go 'Ooh-ooh, that's not good! I really should do something!'. But the thing is, all I can really do is give things a little nudge, sow a seed, plant an idea, see what grows, see what sticks."

Monty Wisp #10 (Tank Factory?):

"Where do you think all these magic boxes come from? The chalk drawings on the wall? The f- magic ammo drops? Do I need to go on or do you get the message? I just hope you appreciate it."

Monty to Nikolai:

#1: "Nikolai Belinski... this can't be easy for you, knowing what happened in Stalingrad. You'll be hard pushed to find any historian who wouldn't list this in the top ten all time most horrible events in human history... Even without the dragons."

#2: "You may not have lived it Nikolai, but you never forgot. No mater how hard you tried. You just didn't talk about it. I don't get that about you people sometimes. Your whole sense of reality is built only upon the things that are talked about... If it isn't said, didn't happen."

#3: "There are certain things that you can't ever change, Nikolai. All I ask, is that you do the right thing. The right thing... for everyone."

Monty to Dempsey:

#1: "Alright Tank, I'm going to need you to trust me, okay? You've done really, really well so far, but I honestly think it's going to be easier if I just talk you through some things. Now let's be honest, you don't really know who you are do you? You've been bouncing around time and space for years, yelling all sorts of obscenities, and by the way your language is fucking disgraceful sometimes. You should wash your mouth out with soap. Anyway! We'll talk again soon, and I'll explain everything. Just give a little time to double check my flow charts."

#2: "Right! Uh... where were we Tank? Actually, more to the point... where ARE you? Are you up to speed? Do you know exactly what you're doing? Or is the 115 delusion so bad you're still calling in field reports? Even though no one is listening! Sorry, uh... that's unfair. I was listening. I heard every word you said. Oh, you're a good soldier. You always were!"

#3: "So! Richtofen... I'm kind of surprised that you've gone along with him this far. Didn't you absolutely despise him at one point? Anyway... keep a close eye on him. I think he's up to something."

Monty to Takeo:

#1: "Takeo Masaki, wow, those wounds are fresh, aren't they? The bitter sting of betrayal. The absolute collapse of the singular belief that has been the driving force in your life for as long as you can remember. What now Takeo? What do you do when the metaphorical rug has been pulled out from under your feet?"

#2: "I'll tell you what you do, Takeo. You do what you've always done. You fight. Only difference is, that you do it for yourself. Not for some misplaced sense of duty or honor."

#3: "So, besides the changes to your own outlook, have you noticed a change in Richtofen? Dempsey? Well, not trying to stir things up but, does it seem to you like the two of them may be scheming between themselves?"

Monty to Richtofen:

#1: "I have to admit something to you, Edward. Something I've never, ever, ever had to admit to anyone before. It's really quite embarrassing... You ready? Well, here it is. I don't understand you, matey. I don't understand a single thing about what makes you tick! You are the closest thing to an absolute distillation of obtuse obstructionism and unparalleled maniacal chaos in human form as it is possible to imagine."

#2: "Look... I know you've had a lot to deal with. I know how hard you've been trying, but I really can't be sure exactly why you're doing it! I mean, it's not as if you owe Maxis anything... is it?"

#3: "I don't know... maybe some of the paranoia is starting to rub off on ME! But let me tell you this, my little German friend... I've got my eye on you!"

Monty to Nikolai, Dempsey, and Takeo after finishing the Easter Egg:

"Okay... Nikolai, Dempsey, Takeo... I'm only talking to you right now. Richtofen? He can't hear me, see? Ah, he's probably off doing his own thing right now anyway. No change there, I suppose. The good news is, you're nearly done! It'll soon be time to come to the house. But, this plan, this big plan... a lot of it's been riding on Richtofen. Before he caught up with you guys, he spent years traveling. Searching out just the right versions of you. The ones who held the key to closing off the other dimensions. I think you know by now exactly what that entails. Point is, he's kind of surplus to requirements these days. He's been in the house for AGES! But uh, DON'T tell him. Anyway, uh... it'll all make sense when you get here, you'll see. Honestly, i-it's going to be fine! Oh, shit... I'd completely forgotten to introduce myself! Ah, uh... I'm Doctor Monty. Hello. So nice to see you all."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reading the transcripts he sounds like an asshole, it's not until you hear his inflections/tones that he becomes charming. 

Even still, I don't trust him. Very passive-aggressive and sounds deceitful. I do think he's just gonna use Nikolai/Takeo for his own benefit (Tank seems to be on Richtofen's side)

Do you have ANY idea how difficult that is to keep track of? I may be omnipotent, but I can't be everywhere."

So he can only be in one place at a time. Which begs the question, from where is he talking to us from? The House?

We still have much to learn about Monty's hidden agenda..

31 minutes ago, LegitimateRage said:

So he can only be in one place at a time. Which begs the question, from where is he talking to us from? The House?

He speaks as if he is in the house with the souls and children.

53 minutes ago, AetherialVoices said:

The good news is, you're nearly done! It'll soon be time to come to the house.

54 minutes ago, AetherialVoices said:

He's been in the house for AGES! But uh, DON'T tell him. Anyway, uh... it'll all make sense when you get here, you'll see.

This would also make sense with the Zetsubou radio messages where he says that the one whose "very presence defies logic, defies reason". It is implied that Doctor Monty is this mysterious "M" that we keep hearing about.

ALSO! We must NOT forget the Shadows of Evil cipher that states "M is interested in these worthless beings. All his work will be undone -X"

It is my assumption that M and X are two of the Overlords that the Apothicons serve (note: This does not mean that they themselves are Apothicon, just that the Apothicons serve them). And M decided (for what reason we do not know) to "fix" things. Although we can't trust him, we know that his "peers" (of a sort) are working to stop him. This leaves us in an "enemy of my enemy" situation.

Can't wait for more development of this new character in DLC 4!

A new Monty Wisp has just been found by redditor /u/M_AJLAN. Here's a link to the video and below I'll transcribe it:

"Maxis... He was the first. The vessel you constructed for him back in world war 1 somehow shielded him from the influence of element 115. He opened the portal between the worlds and, well, that's were and when shit really went tits up. The world within the world got turned upside down and inside out - if you could imagine such a thing. So, anyway though, it was around then that i was forced to... step in."

In case you wanna find this yourself, it's in the Bunker, throw a grenade in the window to the left when facing PaP head on. 

Now if I may allow me to analyse it with a bit of speculation. So basically after Origins when Richtofen separates from the other 3, he came into contact with Monty (somehow, I assume we'll find out, maybe in the comics or more wisps?). Monty, being omnipotent and more powerful than Richtofen, then sends him on a mission to retrieve the Kronorium and therefore the Summoning Key, and then Richtofen returns to the other 3 and begins the quest of retrieving their souls.

The more and more I hear of Monty the more it proves that Richtofen is his lapdog. Unfortunately for Monty though I think Richtofen intends to bite back.. 

What this new Wisp does is clear up some of the chronology. We know that Monty comes into play somewhere between Origins and SoE, which is a 2 year period IIRC?

•  

Another Wisp has been found and oh boy is it juicy! Credit to SmartBoy316, here's the video:

And the transcription:

Samantha! Oooooh boy. Have you ever heard the phrase - 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'? Well. That fury is even worse with a little girl. Especially one as confused as that poor child is .. she really didn't get much of a chance, did she? Right out of the gate she was thrown into this madness before she could ever figure out exactly who she was. Still, that's all ancient history now. She's safe. In the house.

Wisp Number 6 coming in hot! This time you'll find it in between the elevator where you connect Armory and Infirmary. Video enclosed and Transcript incoming - 

Here's a quick cheat sheet. You all fought in World War 1, Whoopee! You are badass heroes! That was true, that happened. Later, some other versions of you ended up as lab rats in some crazy World War 2 experiments, experiments that left you kind of, not that smart. Your memories were mostly erased and you just kind of stumbled and bumbled around in time and space, oblivious to your past.. and future actions. 

Okay so this definitely isn't the last one, if someone else doesn't beat me too it I'll come back to ya with the next one too!

• Moderators

This is getting juicy!

Also:

"oblivious to your past...and future actions."

Is this meaning to imply we're not done with the originals? Like they are going to be doing something in the future, possibly in a new form, which they are oblivious to the consequences of?

As promised, Wisp #7! Firstly, credit to redditor Javan0 for finding this and here's the location, it's under the skirt of one of the Mannequins in Department Store, naughty Treyarch! :smirk:

Transcription -

You know how people say that every snowflake is unique? That single every one is an individual, one of a kind irrefutable evidence of the miracles of mother nature?

Well, it's not true. Snowflakes aren't all that unique. There are really only about 12 different designs.

The point I'm making is that you lot are hardly one-of-a-kind snowflakes. You were fragmented across a multitude of different realities, but each and every one is basically the same. You are all you.

The liar, the braggart, the drunk -- the one who didn't know what he had, until it was gone.

The good soldier: Never disobeyed orders; never broke protocol... still kicked ass all the same.

The loyal servant: A warrior out of time, born to late -- or born too early. Unabound to dying traditions.

The man-child: Broken and twisted by a life burdened with knowledge. Living like a soul who is perpetually drowning.

So basically, Blundell is overwriting all of Jimmy Z's hard work of creating the WaW/BO1 Universe, by saying it's just one of many and they weren't special haha. RIP.

• Moderators
On ‎17‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 11:57 PM, AetherialVoices said:

I may be omnipotent, but I can't be everywhere."

On ‎17‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 11:57 PM, AetherialVoices said:

The world within the world got turned upside down and inside out, if you can imagine such a thing. So anyway, uh, it was around then that I was forced to... step in."

So now the question is: Who or what is Monty? He definatelly isn't an Apothican. He could be a Keeper, or a big thirth force. The big creator, the supreme. Looking at all these quotes, I have the NDU loading screen in my head. Could that be right? That he is the one in that loading screen. An overlooking guardian seeing everything what happens in the Multiverse. I wonder what more discoveries we find in BO3

30 minutes ago, anonymous said:

So now the question is: Who or what is Monty? He definatelly isn't an Apothican. He could be a Keeper, or a big thirth force. The big creator, the supreme. Looking at all these quotes, I have the NDU loading screen in my head. Could that be right? That he is the one in that loading screen. An overlooking guardian seeing everything what happens in the Multiverse. I wonder what more discoveries we find in BO3

It seems quite obvious to me what he is. He is an overlord. An incorporeal semi-omnipotent "deity" of a sort that is limited to its own respective dimension. He is M as in "M is interested in these worthless beings all his work will be undone X". The overlords are not Apothicons, they are something else entirely and we only know of two to date. Those two are Monty and this "X" character which we know nothing about.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, AetherialVoices said:

It seems quite obvious to me what he is. He is an overlord. An incorporeal semi-omnipotent "deity" of a sort that is limited to its own respective dimension. He is M as in "M is interested in these worthless beings all his work will be undone X". The overlords are not Apothicons, they are something else entirely and we only know of two to date. Those two are Monty and this "X" character which we know nothing about.

Wasn't the shadowman an Apothican overlord?

7 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Wasn't the shadowman an Apothican overlord?

No. Not at all. He was merely a servant of the overlords. The overlords are not physical beings at all and are quite possibly incapable of taking a fully physical form. "Though his very presence defied logic, defied reason".

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, AetherialVoices said:

No. Not at all. He was merely a servant of the overlords. The overlords are not physical beings at all and are quite possibly incapable of taking a fully physical form. "Though his very presence defied logic, defied reason".

Now you confuse me. He is a servant of the Overlords, but he is Apothican at the same time? Monty doesn't really like Apothicans, looking at the quotes.

22 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Now you confuse me. He is a servant of the Overlords, but he is Apothican at the same time? Monty doesn't really like Apothicans, looking at the quotes.

Monty is the fluke. The overlords don't care about humans or the universe. Monty wants to fix things and in doing so is working against the overlords.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Yeah I don't think Monty has any relation to the Apothicons whatsoever, I don't see a connection there. As for being a Keeper, I suppose it's possible, but I like the third-force idea a little better.

11 minutes ago, Tac said:

Yeah I don't think Monty has any relation to the Apothicons whatsoever, I don't see a connection there. As for being a Keeper, I suppose it's possible, but I like the third-force idea a little better.

From the GK Ciphers, aren't Apothicons just corrupted, evil Keepers? If so, are you saying he's more likely to be a good Keeper than a bad, corrupt one? I suppose it depends if you think Monty will be good or evil in the end. 

IN THE BEGINNING, THERE WERE ONLY THE
KEEPERS. BUT THEN CORRUPTION OF THE DARK

AETHER LEACHED ITS WAY INTO THE REALM

AND TWISTED THE MINDS OF SOME OF THE KEEPERS.

THESE KEEPERS TURNED TO SHADOWS

OF THEIR FORMER SELVES AND EVENTUALLY

BECAME THE APOTHICONS

• Administrators
2 hours ago, LegitimateRage said:

From the GK Ciphers, aren't Apothicons just corrupted, evil Keepers? If so, are you saying he's more likely to be a good Keeper than a bad, corrupt one?

Yeah, that's how I interpret it (if he is indeed a Keeper and not human).

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, AetherialVoices said:

Monty is the fluke. The overlords don't care about humans or the universe. Monty wants to fix things and in doing so is working against the overlords.

Ah, that's why that X says that Monty is interested in the worthless beings....humans. Other overlords don't care about us.

37 minutes ago, Tac said:

Same for me.

26 minutes ago, LegitimateRage said:

From the GK Ciphers, aren't Apothicons just corrupted, evil Keepers? If so, are you saying he's more likely to be a good Keeper than a bad, corrupt one? I suppose it depends if you think Monty will be good or evil in the end. 

The Apothicans indeed once were the same race as the Keepers. Dark Aether corrupted them not only mental, but also physical. Apothicans turned into the squid things. But I wonder, what exacly is the once Keeper Apothican? Margwas, Elementals and Parasites seem more like some sort of animal fighting (perhaps created or corrupted by the Apothicans) for the Apothicans, then the Apothicans who were once Keepers themselves. Keepers we know how they look like.

@anonymous I don't think Monty's a keeper. He visited Maxis a lot of times, and Maxis never mentioned anything weird regarding his appearance, aside from it defying logic. But that refers to how Monty showed up, not what he looked like.

If Monty was a Keeper, Maxis would've probably said something along the lines of: "And then some huge ass Skeletor knocked on the door."

So whatever Monty is, his appearance is most definitely humanlike.

But hey, looks can be deceiving.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20160106033224

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Ah, that's why that X says that Monty is interested in the worthless beings....humans. Other overlords don't care about us.

The X isn't a person, it's irrelevant in the cipher. The community made a mistake of emphasizing that more than we should have, as it's just present to make the cipher work.

Wisp #8 has been discovered, don't know who to credit yet but here's the video. It's on the roof of the Dragon Command, the big hole above Sofia and the other consoles.

Transcript -

You need to stop thinking in terms of originals, old and new, it's not like that. When you look in the mirror it's still you. If you crack that mirror you see multiple reflections, it doesn't mean you've actually multiplied does it? Honestly I'm sure sure why I'm trying to explain it, shit's fucked up, please fix it.

Twitch Streamer just found the 9th Wisp, it's pretty trick to find it's on the top of the roof of the Bunker. The current VOD I have is in two parts, I'll edit this together into one part when I can.

Part 1

Part 2

Transcript:

You see the thing is, I'm meant to stay on the sidelines, not really supposed to get involved, free will and all that stuff. Oh uh that was my idea by the way. However, I do see stuff now and then that makes me go "ooh that's not good! I really should do something." But the thing is, all I can really do is give things a nudge, sow a seed, plant an idea, see what grows, see what sticks.

Holy shit, is Monty a God/Devil or something? "Free will.. oh that was my idea by the way."

Edit - Well 10th has been found already by SmartGuy! 

Transcript of 10th Wisp -

Where do you think all these Magic Weapon Boxes come from? The chalk drawings on the wall, the Magic Ammo drops, the gumball machines? Do I need to go on or do you get the message? I just hope you appreciate it.

Shit, so Monty controls everything ever. Monty Wonka. 

41 minutes ago, LegitimateRage said:

Twitch Streamer just found the 9th Wisp, it's pretty trick to find it's on the top of the roof of the Bunker. The current VOD I have is in two parts, I'll edit this together into one part when I can.

Part 1

Part 2

Transcript:

Holy shit, is Monty a God/Devil or something? "Free will.. oh that was my idea by the way."

Edit - Well 10th has been found already by SmartGuy! 

Transcript of 10th Wisp -

Shit, so Monty controls everything ever. Monty Wonka. 

Any idea where he found that tenth one? It wasn't shown in the video.

Archived