Monopoly Mac

Summary of the Children and the House

Monopoly Mac    39

The last we see of the children and the house is at the end of Origins where we shown a final cut scene. Two children named Sam and Eddy playing what seems to be a toy version of our zombies story. Before they can continue playing, sirens are heard outside and they quickly go downstairs to their guardian, Maxis who according to Sam, “has a plan.”

Well ladies and gentlemen, we clearly know what that plan is now. Kind of. Not really. But slightly. Eddy wished that the heroes were real and of course for a sense of irony, those heroes are real! And they are going to save the children and the universe. All we know is that Maxis and Richtofen have employed Tank, Takeo, and Nikolai to retrieve their 1.0 counterparts souls in order to set the universe right because it is currently fractured. This fraction will inevitably cause the world to fall to the apothicons but this plan is going to save us! We just don’t really know the specifics.

The purpose of this thread to layout what exactly Maxis had been up to before this need to save the children. I mean who are the children really?

The children are Sam and Eddy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sam is the daughter of Ludvig Maxis. Somehow after entering the portal in France (Origins), Maxis ended up in a house with his daughter Samantha. At some point later on, he introduces a mysteriously Richtofen looking boy named Eddy according to the cipher in Der Eisendrache.

“FATHER INTRODUCED ME TO A NEW FRIEND THAT JUST ARRIVED HIS NAME IS EDWARD HE IS NICE BUT HE DOESN'T LIKE TO SHARE THE TOYS”.

Wherever and whenever this house is, it is not a peaceful time. There is something dark outside and they are at war with it. It has infected their dreams and Maxis has been left with one option in his mind. He detonates nuclear bombs outside his house in hopes of finally of destroying the evil which is most likely the apothicons.

“I can only pray I live long enough to confirm that my plan was indeed successful and the dark presence that has haunted our dreams, that infected every facet of our existence, has finally been vanquished.” The Giant radio

The children have died. The land is scarred. And Maxis is dying.

“I saw a wasteland stretching as far as the eye could see. I saw a scourge visited upon the Earth. I saw the children… withered before my eyes.” –ZNS radio

It seems like Maxis and his good friend Richtofen are the only survivors and are doomed to die in this wasteland until time begins to unravel before them. Dr. Monty has arrived at their doorstep and he has come to set things right.

Maxis’ livers spots disappear, his wrinkles go away, and he is not only young but healthy again. More than that, the children have been returned to him. “Samantha has been returned to me once more, as have you Edward… as have you.”-ZNS radio

However, Samantha has been deeply affected by this resurrection as evidented by this radio message and these quotes from The Giant. “She may have been returned to me, but I fear she is not as she was... In recent months, she has barely said a word.  When she did, it was only to cry out for him; to call his name.  What have I done.” –Giant radio “Found one! Even now I can hear her…” “I want to play a game! Lets play hide and seek. Those were her exact words…” –Quotes from the Fly Trap easter egg. The last thing we know is that Maxis makes Richtofen promise him something. To always follow his orders and follow through with his plan! Which is to gather the exact versions of Nikolai, Tank, and Takeo so they may set things right. And these children are the key to a better tomorrow!

Threads with all the sources:

Scroll down to the Giant for radios referenced.

Scroll down to ZNS for radios referenced. 

Edited by Monopoly Mac
  • Like 4

Awards

RadZakpak    85

Thanks for this. Everything that has gone on in the house has been a confusing timeline of events, but this makes it all make sense.

Could this explain there being two Samanthas (Original version with German accent, and Origins version with American accent) and two Eddies (Child Eddie and Origins Edward)?

This would also explain Dead Again and Dead Ended in this context. Dead Again seeming to imply they have withered away and died many times in the house to be resurrected, dying over and over.

Dead Ended could be from Eddie's point of view. "So many names but only one is real.", "I see a mirror or does it see me."

Also multiple times in the song "We" is used such as "When we were young", and I have a feeling this is Edward reminiscing about his past self in the house with Samantha.

Very interested to see where this goes.

Edited by RadZakpak

Slade    270

Good stuff. I was just wondering, do we have any confirmation that Richtofen was with Maxis in the house at any time? Aside from the Monty quote that said Richtofen spent lots of time in it.

22 hours ago, Monopoly Mac said:

“Samantha has been returned to me once more, as have you Edward… as have you.”-ZNS radio

I always thought he was talking about Origins Richtofen here, but he's not. He's talking about Child Eddie. 
I feel stupid now.

Monopoly Mac    39

@RadZakpak No problem. There's still a lot about house that we know nothing about but from the radios and quotes we do have a little bit of an outline. I can't actually comment on the songs though because I haven't even listened to them aha. 

@Slade Well Richtofen is aware of the inhabitants of the house. In ZNS he says "Maxis, Samantha, Eddie... they are safe. Dempsey too. Maybe Takeo. Oh, Nikolai... why must you fight it?"  But this one radio makes me think that yes Richtofen was in the house with Maxis. "After so long in isolation, we have begun to believe that we were the only survivors of the catastrophic event that had shaped our lives." That fact that he says we may mean that Richtofen was there.

Awards

anonymous    339

We need to discuss this topic to find out the purpose of the children. The Primis tombstones in Revelations, the Forrest outro when you died, collecting the soals of the 1.0's in the Summoning Key: It all leads to the children. Why are they so important that Monty, Maxis and Richthofen need to protect them. And why wanted the Shadowman corrupt this universe? The children are the key to understand what happens in the story of not only BO3, but the whole CoDZ series. Please share your thoughts about 'em here

Awards

We definitely can make theories about some things. The forest is most likely a representation of purgatory. In the trailer called doctor monty we see our characters waiting in the forest and then doctor Monty walks up to them. I believe the characters go to the forest every time after each map waiting to be teleported to the next. As for collecting the souls I think the children are just that. A soul and whatever power may come with that is what the characters want. To channel pure souls may bring a lot of power in that universe. Finally the PRIMIS tombstones are most likely placed there by the Shadowman when he makes revelations. He knows that he has killed the characters before and is reminding them of their death. Also I don't think the children were being resurrected and then dying constantly I think it was the shadowman conjuring dreams and thoughts of that stuff in maxis's mind so that he can have control over him and make him touch the summoning key starting revelations.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

anonymous    339
2 hours ago, PrideToGhosts said:

We definitely can make theories about some things. The forest is most likely a representation of purgatory. In the trailer called doctor monty we see our characters waiting in the forest and then doctor Monty walks up to them. I believe the characters go to the forest every time after each map waiting to be teleported to the next. As for collecting the souls I think the children are just that. A soul and whatever power may come with that is what the characters want. To channel pure souls may bring a lot of power in that universe. Finally the PRIMIS tombstones are most likely placed there by the Shadowman when he makes revelations. He knows that he has killed the characters before and is reminding them of their death. Also I don't think the children were being resurrected and then dying constantly I think it was the shadowman conjuring dreams and thoughts of that stuff in maxis's mind so that he can have control over him and make him touch the summoning key starting revelations.

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

We still don't know what the Primis made so special that their soals were needed. To be honest, I don't even know where the soals were needed for in the first place. Can someone refresh my memory, or did we never knew?

Awards

InfestLithium    520

What's odd is that we aren't just collecting souls from one universe - we're collecting them from their own unique ones, as per what Richtofen was told in the ciphers (think it was DE?). Which makes me confused as to what Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai were doing while Richtofen was on his quest for the Kronorium and Summoning Key.

Because if we hold true to obtaining a specific soul in 4 different dimensions, it doesn't make sense why they'd be chosen instead of having all 4 Black Ops 3 maps (SoE not included) within the same universe. It technically makes sense when you think about it:

- Richtofen kills the 1.0 alternate version in The Giant.

- Dr. Groph hasn't heard from that 1.0 self in Der Eisendrache, making it the same universe.

- Division 9 has plans for the dragons and such in Zetsubou no Shima, having teamed with Group 935.

- The dragons become a reality in Gorod Krovi from Division 9's plans.

Should they be all in the same universe, then could these have been considered the "purest" souls possible for the heroes? The point was to take the cleansed soul and have Dr. Monty create a human vessel for each child. That way, the perfect world Monty envisioned would have pure souls of the heroes (because they are future generations stemming from Primis).

It could even be theorized that we have been trying to obtain the souls of Primis, but had to find the correct universal coordinates to retrieve them. The whole reincarnation thing, and all.

RadZakpak    85
1 hour ago, InfestLithium said:

It could even be theorized that we have been trying to obtain the souls of Primis, but had to find the correct universal coordinates to retrieve them. The whole reincarnation thing, and all.

This is a theory I can buy. I think it could also be these versions are the purest versions of themselves, in the sense that this Dempsey was the most patriotic and dedicated, this Nikolai was the most violent and enduring, and this Takeo was the most honorable. Similar to the show Rick and Morty where there is a Rickiest Rick and a Mortyest Morty across all dimensions, that tops all the others at what their character embodies.

A question still confusing to me is where did these versions of Sam and Eddie come from?

InfestLithium    520

Eddie is still Richtofen's soul, possible that the Black Ops universe's Richtofen is considered the "purest"? His soul was not part of his body anymore, and I highly doubt that 2.0 Richtofen actually yanked the soul from The Giant's Richtofen (despite claiming to have).

The only logical explanation is that the soul was collected prior to the group meeting up, unless Richtofen lost his soul long ago?

Sam being under the same fate, but her soul was in Agartha during Origins. Would explain how she came into the House.

anonymous    339
8 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

A question still confusing to me is where did these versions of Sam and Eddie come from?

The only thing Richthofen and Samantha have in common is that they both have been in the M.P.D.

When listening to Samantha's quotes in Moon, when her consciousness enters Richthofen's body, her voice still sounds...weird. Echoic. Electronic. High-pitched. Aetherial. When Richthofen's soal is banished in a zombie's body in Maxis's endgame, his voice doesn't sound like in WaW/BO1 anymore. He still sounds the same like when he was in the Aether. The same as Samantha's voice.

Maybe a part of their soal stays in the Aether once they've entered and exited the M.P.D.

That could be a reason why somehow, these two souls were already in Monty's House all along, before BO3 started, but after Origins. Could also be a reason why, like Monty says "Maxis has no soul anymore". His soul was gone from his body once his other self came in control of the Aether.

10 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Which makes me confused as to what Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai were doing while Richtofen was on his quest for the Kronorium and Summoning Key.

I personally think they just teleported from Origins to the Giant, while Richthofen is transported somewhere else, where they appear in the cut scene. A few weird thing are going on here, however.

1) The Icarus plane from MotD, which is seen or mentioned flying in almost every map, is crashed in der Riese Waffenfabrik. Could Takeo, Nikolai and Dempsey came from this? But that would mean they came from Alcatraz.

2) Nikolai, Dempsey and Takeo seem to try to stop old Richthofen opening the teleporter, which brings young Richthofen to that universe. Why? Are they tired and do they try to stop the circle? But now I think about it, it is actually no real loop. I mean, the Primis are send to the Middle Ages at the end of Revelations, where they will fight the Apothicans till death. They don't reappear in the Giant, where they continue the circle again. What's up with all that "the circle must be stopped".

Awards

RadZakpak    85
52 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I personally think they just teleported from Origins to the Giant, while Richthofen is transported somewhere else, where they appear in the cut scene.

Problem here is in The Giant they talk about events we have not seen before, presumably taking place between Origins and The Giant. They mention killing other Richtofens and going to Brazil and The Moon. I think during the time Richtofen was planning to find the key with Maxis and while he was reading the Kronorium, the others were off trying to set things right without unneccesary killing, hence being angry at Richtofen for shooting himself and "changing history".