Gorod Krovi Radios, Codes/Ciphers, Quotes, Letters, etc.

Tac

11 hours ago, DragonGJY said:

I remember he was always talking about eating salad, although i am not sure how many items in the list really is for salad lol

The eating salad quote was actually said by Richtofen after he took possession of Stuhlinger's body because well 95% of what Richtofen was uttering in Buried was homosexual innuendos anyhow which was supposed to be funny? @Lenne

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nieno69 said:

@I4mThoR 

Sadly not much:

Transposition: capital letters and points should follow each other - the cipher should also start with a capital letter

Thats all... take a look at "der eisendrache" if you want to - there are two ciphers left

On the longer piece, I noticed the '. e.' possible column tansposition or something, just throwing things out there

Sorry for the spam, just want to keep you updated on my progress, please tell me if it's annoying. Anyway, in the longer text there are no Q's X's or Z's and when I did the frequency analysis E and T are the most frequent, so my guess is that it's just jumbled up and that we dont have to swap any of the letters. Thoughts?

@I4mThoR You're spot on. The Index of Coincidence (IoC) suggest it's mono alphabetic, and because the frequency analysis reveals an English-like distribution it's going to be a transposition-type cipher where the letters are jumbled but not substituted. It's easiest to start with columnar transposition and then move onto other types from there. This cipher will be further complicated by the fact that there is no key for us to use. On the other hand, it also suggest it shouldn't be overly complicated.

@I4mThoR

Yeah you got it - like @certainpersonio said 

Further clues on the transposition-

You can too search for "don't" "haven't" - first time we got " ' " in a cipher

Further three " " " - don't know what to think about that

About transpositions 

There are a lot of transposition   types

What here is special - you have to guess the spaces - if we guess them wrong it could mess up the whole thing

Even if you use the right cipher type

You e.g. solved a route cipher

I used just a simple matrix decoder (called caesar box cipher on dcode.fr)

These anf Scytale, Rail fence and Columnar transposition are the normal ones

Further there are double transpositions, grilles etc.

In special cases the ciphers could be disrupted - that would make it even harder to solve

5 hours ago, Nieno69 said:

@I4mThoR

Yeah you got it - like @certainpersonio said 

Further clues on the transposition-

You can too search for "don't" "haven't" - first time we got " ' " in a cipher

Further three " " " - don't know what to think about that

About transpositions 

There are a lot of transposition   types

What here is special - you have to guess the spaces - if we guess them wrong it could mess up the whole thing

Even if you use the right cipher type

You e.g. solved a route cipher

I used just a simple matrix decoder (called caesar box cipher on dcode.fr)

These anf Scytale, Rail fence and Columnar transposition are the normal ones

Further there are double transpositions, grilles etc.

In special cases the ciphers could be disrupted - that would make it even harder to solve

When I solved mine though, it was a whole lot simpler as I didnt have to do any real working out to find the answer. :D I'm working on them both though trying to figure out anything :D You lot will solve it surely before me anyway :D GL everyone

I've been messing around with the longer one a bit. Maybe we can have consensus on calling it the Typewriter Cipher? I guess there aren't many left anyhow so it doesn't matter too much.

So I was putting it in grids and transposing them like we did for the shopping list and I didn't really see anything but i'll upload what i got.

The MACCs (http://www.blackmesapress.com/Crypto.htm) are kinda interesting. @certainpersonio first mentioned the technique to me and even though I'm not sure how applicable it is here, it suggests that the vowels are indeed vowels in the resulting text. At the same time, the technique works based on their positioning in the cipher so it's saying the vowels are already in the right spot so they're not jumbled?

Fyi, you can probably tell from my files that I just code stuff to spit out results for me. If anyone needs anything done that would take way longer by hand(like the grids), feel free to let me know.

TypewriterCipher-MACCs-Uppercase.txt

TypewriterCipher-GridsNoTranspose.txt

TypewriterCipher-MACCs.txt

TypewriterCipher-Grids.txt

TypewriterCipher-Grids-1LineAndReversed.txt

10 hours ago, oxin8 said:

I've been messing around with the longer one a bit. Maybe we can have consensus on calling it the Typewriter Cipher? I guess there aren't many left anyhow so it doesn't matter too much.

So I was putting it in grids and transposing them like we did for the shopping list and I didn't really see anything but i'll upload what i got.

The MACCs (http://www.blackmesapress.com/Crypto.htm) are kinda interesting. @certainpersonio first mentioned the technique to me and even though I'm not sure how applicable it is here, it suggests that the vowels are indeed vowels in the resulting text. At the same time, the technique works based on their positioning in the cipher so it's saying the vowels are already in the right spot so they're not jumbled?

Fyi, you can probably tell from my files that I just code stuff to spit out results for me. If anyone needs anything done that would take way longer by hand(like the grids), feel free to let me know.

TypewriterCipher-MACCs-Uppercase.txt

TypewriterCipher-GridsNoTranspose.txt

TypewriterCipher-MACCs.txt

TypewriterCipher-Grids.txt

TypewriterCipher-Grids-1LineAndReversed.txt

I understand that the long typewriter cipher is a transposition of some sort as the punctuation is all over the place.

But the shorter one, am I right in thinking that it could possibly be a substitution cipher due to it's structure? I've been working for a long time on possible substitutions but nothing yet.

Just now, Nieno69 said:

@I4mThoR  correct - the short is a substitution -pretty sure its a polyalphabetic substitution

That means that a letter e.g. "e" could stand for multiple other letters

Could be a running key cipher

Ah right, i've been trying to do it 1 - 1 ect one letter is equal to 1 letter, thanks for the info will redo everything and keep you updated.

@oxin8 I've totally been calling the Typewriter cipher in my own notes, so I think it should be official too!

And I agree with all you've posted, but I'll add a quick comment on the MACC analysis. It certainly doesn't hurt to use it for transposition type ciphers, but it actually works best for mono alphabetic substitutions, particularly ones that are designed to have abnormal letter frequencies because it relies on a different characteristic (contact counts). That's why it might give us some useful info when looking at the monoalpahbetic substitution stage of the ADFGX cipher (assuming there is a statistically sufficient number of letters).

Not ciphers this time but radios.

It seems there are 4 reel-to-reel audio tapes from Sophia in Gorod Krovi. In the Operation bunker, in the hatchery, in the supply depot and in dragon command.

Directive log 203.1. Now that the 115 contamination of the Red Army is complete, the Valkyrie drones have been programmed to probe the wounds of the city. They will find any resistance strains and attempt capture. As directed by Doctor Groph, I have updated Valkyries 7 and 8 to penetrate enemy lines in an effort to secure any survivors for study. Regrettably, however, contact with Valkyrie 8 was lost after it engaged one of the targets.

*Dragon noises*

Directive log 203.2. Specimen 33 is no longer responding to recall frequencies with 100% consistency. It is essential that this behaviour is corrected before Doctor Groph's inspection of our forward hatchery next week. I have made several frequency adjustments that I believe may correct the undesired behaviour. Commencing test.

*Buttons pressed and machines powering up*

Inputting frequency modifications

*Loud dragon noises*

All personnel evacuate the area.

Directive log 223.1. Though it appears to be a slightly inferior copy of the German Riese model, the Russian Gigant robot has proven to be a formidable unit. Unlike the Riese, the Gigant is armed with a high energy beam weapon, fired from the cranial dome. Like the Riese, it's highly durable construction means it can withstand most conventional attacks. However, the robot was never designed to withstand dragon attacks; leaving it extremely vunerable to their fire.

Directive log 240.2. The German dragon units have proven devastating to the Russian ground forces. The enemy have nonetheless found a weakness to exploit. A prototype weapon, known as the Oscillion Lance, uses 115 charged rounds to weaken and penetrate their hide. The Russians have been quick to retrofit this new weapon onto their surviving mech units.

I think there is still at least one audio tape. There are 5 messages in the last two maps :

• Zetsubou No Shima : 5 messages (radios)
  • Der Eisendrache : 5 messages (audio reels)
  • The Giant : 11 messages (radios)
  • Shadows of Evil : 12 messages (telephones + portal)

Or the further we move, the less we have messages from radios, etc...

Need some native english for

Rc qipv jhx vld plson fhceuh itp jui gh qhzu dg sq xie dhw.U gbfl lf fluz pcag wrgkv zw, dinyg zw, qge gnvm L fhx

I think the best way to try is the second sentence:

U gbfl lf fluz pcag wrgkv zw, dinyg zw, qge gnvm L fhx

U could stand for I or A or an initial letter from a name like from soe (×) the same with the "L"

I will try to word attack it with difference alphabeths (names of the maps like shangrila + alphabet reversed or moon etc.)

But now to the question:

I trust the spaces and punctuation so what sentence/words could

Zw, dinyg zw, 

Stand for?

I mean there cannot be much combinations which make sense?  

6 hours ago, I4mThoR said:

Obviously this doesnt corralate to our sentence, but it was just an example of my thoughts

Watching mrroflwaffles video on the EE, the pink / purple cylinder has codes on it, im sure you know, when I looked at it, Z W and D were next to eachother on the same wheel. in our short cipher text "zw, dinyg zw, " zw and d are next to eachother, may be worth a look but also may be me going insane :D

Archived