Intro cutscene: McCain!

Stop Mocking Me0

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very curious about this map now. Nik looks....sinister. but mccain i was not expecting. Mccain is flying the plane in zetsubo? that would be interesting. However some speculate it is not mccain but someone using his uniform. That portal looks a bit like an aether portal. supposidly peter has the mk 3 raygun too. so this is very interesting

• Administrators

McCain may not be dead. There was a cipher I believe on DE (if not ZNS) regarding the passing through the Aurora Borealis...and this portal is most identical to the Agarthan portal we see at the end of Origins. He could just be passed out from being unable to withstand the effect of the portal.

Some people are saying the blood vials are why the crew is able to pass through just find, but that can't be it - those are "insurance" items in case, as Richtofen puts it "they don't like where they end up". McCain falls safely along with the other crew. Not sure what will become of him, but it's not definite that he's dead.

Also, he has his two hands still! 

1 minute ago, InfestLithium said:

McCain may not be dead. There was a cipher I believe on DE (if not ZNS) regarding the passing through the Aurora Borealis...and this portal is most identical to the Agarthan portal we see at the end of Origins. He could just be passed out from being unable to withstand the effect of the portal.

Some people are saying the blood vials are why the crew is able to pass through just find, but that can't be it - those are "insurance" items in case, as Richtofen puts it "they don't like where they end up". McCain falls safely along with the other crew. Not sure what will become of him, but it's not definite that he's dead.

Also, he has his two hands still! 

could be cornelis in peters uniform too. maybe hes part of the EE? that would be insane!!!!!!

• Administrators

It's certainly Peter, not someone else using his uniform or anything like that. Like I suppose it's possible, but I don't think so.

Here's the cipher @InfestLithium was referencing:

MISSION LOG ENTRY FORTY FIVE I AM OVER THE SITE LOOKING DOWN THROUGH THE OPEN DOOR I CAN SEE WEIRD DISTORTION BELOW ME LIKE A LOCALIZED AURORA BOREALIS I WOULD NORMALLY CANCEL THE OPERATION BUT WE DON'T HAVE TIME LUCKILY I HAVE TAKEN EXPERIMENTAL WEAPONRY VERSION THREE THAT NO ONE HAS SEEN BEFORE FROM MY PREVIOUS MISSION NEVER SAY NEVER PETER

Here's another, with the last three sentences relating to the previous cipher:

I shut down the power for the night. we must conserve the gasoline, so I am told, because the Emperor is in doubt of the usefulness of our research here at the Rising Sun Facility, and that resupplying the facility will now occur every other month rather than our usually scheduled weekly drops. Hopefully, the new meteor site produces higher grade samples, ones we can actually use. Wait is that a plane I hear. The resupply is not scheduled for another week. I see a bright light in the sky...

So we've got Peter flying over Shi No Numa and when he jumps out, he goes through a portal and out in Stalingrad. Who knows why the other four are with him, that's still to be determined. Cornelius Pernell's location is unknown, but I'd bet we see something from him.

• Administrators

I don't believe that the crew was expecting to jump out of the portal and into the sky. 

Takeo: "THIS WAS PART OF THE PLAN, RICHTOFEN?!"

Richtofen: "NOT EXACTLY!"

The portals in the sky of Zetsubou no Shima appear and disappear constantly, not one being open for a long period of time. This was the result of time and space ripping apart, universes bleeding, a reality of a fragmented physical world. But by @Tac's provided quotes, Peter was purposefully meant to be on the Pacific Island way prior to the 2.0 crew arriving and disappeared through the portal much like the other planes.

Oddly enough, wouldn't that mean it took a good while before the crew stepped foot through the portal (by some means)? Of course, I don't believe time passes like the physical realm when compared to...whatever portal/gateway that is.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

The portals in the sky of Zetsubou no Shima appear and disappear constantly, not one being open for a long period of time. This was the result of time and space ripping apart, universes bleeding, a reality of a fragmented physical world. But by @Tac's provided quotes, Peter was purposefully meant to be on the Pacific Island way prior to the 2.0 crew arriving and disappeared through the portal much like the other planes.

Oddly enough, wouldn't that mean it took a good while before the crew stepped foot through the portal (by some means)? Of course, I don't believe time passes like the physical realm when compared to...whatever portal/gateway that is.

I'm confused. What are you comparing this to ZNS for? The sky is much closer to Origins than Zetsubou.

Also, what do you mean Peter was meant to be on Shi No Numa way before the 2.0 crew? The 2.0s never went there.

• Administrators

When you look in the sky of ZNS, fighter planes are shooting each other overhead and then flash out of existence, only to return. That's the portals I was referring to. But I am very aware that the portal opened in Gorod Krovi is identical to the Origins gateway.

Shi no Numa? I never said that - I said Zetsubou no Shima.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, InfestLithium said:

When you look in the sky of ZNS, fighter planes are shooting each other overhead and then flash out of existence, only to return. That's the portals I was referring to. But I am very aware that the portal opened in Gorod Krovi is identical to the Origins gateway.

Shi no Numa? I never said that - I said Zetsubou no Shima.

Right, and I'm saying that is incorrect. There's no ZNS mention in this, only Shi No Numa, so I am confused at what you mean.

• Administrators

2da17c87a17bfe305c8c0e1af7b378e2.png

Bruh, I specifically said Zetsubou no Shima haha.

Unless you're thinking that the cipher is related to him dropping in Shi no Numa, and not Zetsubou no Shima.

To which, I personally believe that this universe's version of Peter McCain was meant to drop in the Division 9 facility in ZNS.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

2da17c87a17bfe305c8c0e1af7b378e2.png

Bruh, I specifically said Zetsubou no Shima haha.

Unless you're thinking that the cipher is related to him dropping in Shi no Numa, and not Zetsubou no Shima.

To which, I personally believe that this universe's version of Peter McCain was meant to drop in the Division 9 facility in ZNS.

It says in the cipher that they're referring to Shi No Numa, not Zets, so that's where my confusion is coming from because I didn't understand why you brought ZNS into the mix.

https://clyp.it/zohbaf04

I've always despised the Zombies section on the Call of Duty Wiki. It's Dr. Peter McKay. Not McCain. NOT MCCAIN. I'm sorry but I keep seeing that everywhere and it is so frustrating.

The only time his last name was ever mentioned was in Call of the Dead Radio 4. I've attached a clip of it. Richtofen clearly said McKay with no NNNN sound.

Also, why does everyone assume this random Marine guy falling from the sky wearing a parachute is Peter?

I'm also annoyed to no end that they overlayed the intro with some awful rock music. Worse still is that it is baked into the intro mkv video. It will never come out. It ruins the intro for me. It's distracting, it makes it difficult to hear any of the characters speaking. It's... childish. Not to mention that now anyone who wants to make a video that utilizes any portion of the intro will now be copyright flagged for infringing on the audio.

I don't mean to be a negative nelly. I myself wish I could have a more positive reaction to these videos. There's gotta be something good to say... Well, the Nikolai in a mech thing seemed cool... Will he be a peril in the map? Oh... Until he was kidnapped... Taken away, stored for later for a later boss fight, making him an unplayable part of the map for 70% of people who play the game. (The people who are unable or unwilling to devote the time to completing the side mission.)

I miss the Lovecraftian mythos from Shadows of Evil... I wish that'd come back. If we're going to go fantasy, let's do cool things, instead of the classical medieval European dragon. Tentacle monsters. woo.

1 hour ago, MysteryMachineX said:

https://clyp.it/zohbaf04

I've always despised the Zombies section on the Call of Duty Wiki. It's Dr. Peter McKay. Not McCain. NOT MCCAIN. I'm sorry but I keep seeing that everywhere and it is so frustrating.

The only time his last name was ever mentioned was in Call of the Dead Radio 4. I've attached a clip of it. Richtofen clearly said McKay with no NNNN sound.

Also, why does everyone assume this random Marine guy falling from the sky wearing a parachute is Peter?

I'm also annoyed to no end that they overlayed the intro with some awful rock music. Worse still is that it is baked into the intro mkv video. It will never come out. It ruins the intro for me. It's distracting, it makes it difficult to hear any of the characters speaking. It's... childish. Not to mention that now anyone who wants to make a video that utilizes any portion of the intro will now be copyright flagged for infringing on the audio.

I don't mean to be a negative nelly. I myself wish I could have a more positive reaction to these videos. There's gotta be something good to say... Well, the Nikolai in a mech thing seemed cool... Will he be a peril in the map? Oh... Until he was kidnapped... Taken away, stored for later for a later boss fight, making him an unplayable part of the map for 70% of people who play the game. (The people who are unable or unwilling to devote the time to completing the side mission.)

I miss the Lovecraftian mythos from Shadows of Evil... I wish that'd come back. If we're going to go fantasy, let's do cool things, instead of the classical medieval European dragon. Tentacle monsters. woo.

Ever thought that maybe you're wrong and it really is McCain instead of McKay? Ever thought that maybe Treyarch and the Zombies team actually know what it is? Ever thought that maybe they would actually get it correct when they implement it into another map, especially one where the name is actually spelled out? Ever thought that maybe that radio was distorted, which it was, making it difficult to ascertain Richtofen pronouncing an "N" at the end of McCain?

Side note, just because you don't care for the intro music doesn't mean it's a bad addition or that it's childish. In my opinion it adds to the atmosphere and fleshes out Nikolai's character a bit more.

You also say "let's do cool things, instead of the classical medieval European dragon." Umm, I'm sorry, but are dragons not cool? When did dragons become not cool? They're flippin' dragons!

21 minutes ago, Covert Gunman said:

Ever thought that maybe you're wrong and it really is McCain instead of McKay? Ever thought that maybe Treyarch and the Zombies team actually know what it is? Ever thought that maybe they would actually get it correct when they implement it into another map, especially one where the name is actually spelled out? Ever thought that maybe that radio was distorted, which it was, making it difficult to ascertain Richtofen pronouncing an "N" at the end of McCain?

Side note, just because you don't care for the intro music doesn't mean it's a bad addition or that it's childish. In my opinion it adds to the atmosphere and fleshes out Nikolai's character a bit more.

You also say "let's do cool things, instead of the classical medieval European dragon." Umm, I'm sorry, but are dragons not cool? When did dragons become not cool? They're flippin' dragons!

Could you show me where the name is spelled out?

OK I'm back, and what I'm seeing is that McCain is dead BEFORE he comes through the portal. (Yes,  it is McCain, until I see evidence it's not,  it IS McCain)   If that's the case,  is it possible he IS the portal. If this is the land of the damned, we could have hitched a ride with his dying body.  Like how occults would kill themselves to die together. 

1 minute ago, Covert Gunman said:

It's right there in the trailer.  3a8e13608b846c12a3059b329164eec8.png

This.

Even if Richtofen pronounced his name as 'Mckay' in that radio, the whole community agrees his name is 'Mccain'.

And Treyach putting this shot in is really no coincidence.

If you ask me they just went with what 99% of the community thinks his name is instead of going by a single radio. 

Oh okay. Well to answer your question if I ever thought I was wrong about the name, now would be the time. I apologize. You ever hear of historical revisionism? Richtofen said McKay in the audio but so many people wrote it as McCain that now even Treyarch has adopted it. Kinda like the whole Peter being the hanging man in Shi No Numa. Peter is kinda like the community fan fiction character by this point. Anyway, I retract my statement, for it is now retroactively incorrect. Sorry about that. Thanks for answering how everyone seemed to know it was Peter. Is anyone concerned with why a man who is supposed to be a doctor wearing such a military uniform?

Although we will have to continue to disagree on the music.

Just now, MysteryMachineX said:

Is anyone concerned with why a man who is supposed to be a doctor wearing such a military uniform?

We can deduce from his uniform that he served in the army, and with a title of doctor, that means he must be like a field medic.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Slade said:

This.

Even if Richtofen pronounced his name as 'Mckay' in that radio, the whole community agrees his name is 'Mccain'.

If you ask me they just went with what 99% of the community thinks his name is instead of going by a single radio. 

But to be fair, it isn't just "a single radio." It was the sole mention of his last name in the entire game, so you'd better be damned sure it was correct. And the sound most closely resembled McKay, so for them to have changed it is just absurd, in my eyes.

2 hours ago, Slade said:

This.

Let's not forget the limo intro with Richtofan.

Archived