DragonGJY

Is FIVE and Ascension simutaneous?

DragonGJY    81

Took some time off the forum before getting ready to jump back for DLC3.

As ascension is likely to play a certain role in the comimg map, I was reviewing the problem: Is FIVE and Ascension really simutaneous?

This has seemed to be a pretty solid statement over the years, so I will bring up my suspicions through the facts here:

1. Ascension is the next stop for Original 4 after Kino Der Toten

2. In KDT you can find Berlin Wall and the building Berlin TV tower which in reality took place between 1965-1969.

3. You can find phone calls of characters from FIVE in Ascension.

4. In FIVE we played as JFK, who in reality was assassinated in 1963, different documents in the map also suggests that the event takes place around 1963.

I think you can already find some conflicts for FIVE and Ascension being simutaneous.

I would like to know if any of my above statements are incorrect or what exactly suggests the maps happening at the same time.

My theory is that the phone calls found in Ascension may turn out to be messages recordings for missing the calls, as Ascension was long abandoned.

Please be sure to disscuss and let me know more :) 

Nieno69    126

2. In KDT you can find Berlin Wall and the building Berlin TV tower which in reality took place between 1965-1969.

You sure there is the tv tower? I dont remember that one... - i googled it and found something but cannot go ingame to check... but for this you are correct if this should be really the fernsehturm... (there were more tv towers in build some were stopped because of the airports etc. Maybe its just another or timeywibbleywobbley)

About your last point: could be missing calls but not because it was abandoned long before - i mean the zombies spread (i think) and in one point they must start spreading...

Awards

anonymous    327

In Ascension there is also a wall drawing near the PhD Flopper. It had to do something with the timeline too. @Tacor @NaBrZHunter, Im sure one of you knows

Awards

83457    263

Simultaneous.

There's an L in there. 

(I'm not starting anything, just saying).

I'm not famaliar enough with the story to comment on your opinion. 

Tac    462

Yes, they are simultaneous. This is answered, in my opinion, by the red phones that ring and can be picked up in which you hear characters from the other map. But to the question that is much more intriguing, WHEN are they simultaneous? You bring up valid and canon things, and I don't think we should ignore them. I've been on Reddit and YouTube trying to explain this but everyone seems comfortable saying "it's an error we can ignore," which I personally don't believe in.

The way I see it, we have FIVE before the end of 1963, simultaneous with Ascension, and the journey to Kino was further into the future than we thought, followed by a back in time transportation to Ascension. Not sure how to work out all the details, but without saying "that part of the map is not canon," I see no way around it.

• Like 1

It's been a while, my memory is a bit fuzzy. But there's a chalkboard with dates on it in the war room, and the dates on that board can be used to pinpoint a range of dates for when the level must be. I believe it narrows down to late October and November, before Kennedy's assassination. I once compiled weather data for Washington D.C. for wind speeds and precipitation, for Kennedy states in the intro of their meeting that there's a storm outside (loud enough to shatter glass). In the range, there was severe weather one notable time. A storm that began on November 6, raged on November 7, and ended on November 8. Therefore, I placed the date at November 7, 1963. Of course I don't expect everyone to agree. But that was my reasoning.

The thing with "Five" is that there are a lot of reused textures from the campaign. The chalkboard I believe however was intended for zombies, as the only time it appears in the campaign is literally a few seconds, so small that it is impossible to read. Also I think there might be a date conflict with the campaign? Maybe? Been a while, not sure.

• Like 1

Koslans    39

What about the BO1 terminal which you can access when we untie ourselves from that chair? 

Isn't there is a Kennedy file in there with dates to match it?

On 7/6/2016 at 10:19 AM, Tac said:

Yes, they are simultaneous. This is answered, in my opinion, by the red phones that ring and can be picked up in which you hear characters from the other map. But to the question that is much more intriguing, WHEN are they simultaneous? You bring up valid and canon things, and I don't think we should ignore them. I've been on Reddit and YouTube trying to explain this but everyone seems comfortable saying "it's an error we can ignore," which I personally don't believe in.

The way I see it, we have FIVE before the end of 1963, simultaneous with Ascension, and the journey to Kino was further into the future than we thought, followed by a back in time transportation to Ascension. Not sure how to work out all the details, but without saying "that part of the map is not canon," I see no way around it.

If it is just based on the red phones, then it is slightly possible for Ascension to be either simultaneous or pretty much any time after. I personally think that they are simultaneous, but I just felt that I should point this out.

Also, there is the radio in the Black Ops version of Shi no Numa which has our beloved original 4 arriving in Kino der Toten. This event (to the best of our knowledge) hadn't happened yet. So why put it in Shi no Numa and not another map that doesn't cause continuity errors? Unless they wanted the continuity error... which would mean it wasn't an error. Instead, it would be a tool for them to show how space-time has been torn, displacing objects across time and space. Just something to think about.