Did they have the Black Ops 3 story line ready in Black ops 1?

Grey

I was reading the Black ops 1 terminal when I got into dreamland and logged in with Roppen and password trinity, I found files of Der reise. These files are very interesting to read, but its not until you get to the 7th .txt file that I realized something.

"Maxis: What? Edward what are you doing? Open the door. Edward. Open this door now.

Samantha: Dad, I'm scared.

Maxis: Damn you... Stay by me, Samantha.

Richtofen: Goodbye, Doctor Maxis.

[Edward laughs]

[Static.]" 

So does this mean that when the static begins, its because the new four came into play already? Not only that but there are several ciphers that I wouldnt even know how to begin to crack. For example if you type "CAT HAI1.TXT it pulls up a cipher that looks like this. FTEUMMK2WMZYDLMZCTKNSGRKZHZRXMIZJZQG

VNWZQTMIZZQJ2FHPNTIMMXZWZZYMQYMMPATGRJZH

DKNCTXZJMFGHLNTHHEKMTNYNGVZURTIZDWNQHRT

Yet if you type decode hai1.txt, all you get back is the letter T. Help if you can or like to but I have no idea what to do here. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Spider3000 said:

I can tell you with no doubt that Treyarch definitely didn't have Black Ops 3 planned since the beginning of Black Ops 1.

yes but it is arguable that  they had a vague idea, Treyarch isn't short sighted. They have said that they wanted brackets on zombies by DLC 4 for BO 3. So they could've had some kind of plan.

3 hours ago, Grey said:

yes but it is arguable that  they had a vague idea, Treyarch isn't short sighted. They have said that they wanted brackets on zombies by DLC 4 for BO 3. So they could've had some kind of plan.

Treyarch definitely isn't short sighted, but I don't think they had even a vague idea of what they'd do 5 years from then though.

Yeah, @NaBrZHunter said it best.  When you throw a zombies mode into a COD game, it was a "lets see how this goes" kind of thing.  After it's warm welcome in WaW, Black Ops one began with little story or direction (In My Opinion).  It was not until late BLOPS2, after Origins was released, that Jason Blundell started to reimagine what Zombies would be.  A storyline that tried to tie everything togeather was created.  That is why Blundell is so adamant about ALL the maps have meaning.  He designed it to where the story we are playing out now was influenced by what we have already done.  He is simply plugging the holes and making a story out of what he was handed.  There are a few wierd unknowns, as of yet, but I think he is doing a superb job at matching the puzzle pieces.

2 minutes ago, Spider3000 said:

I wonder how true that statement is. I'd applaud the team if they found a way to implement FIVE into the story that doesn't seem forced, and makes sense.

All you have to do is assume that FIVE is happening concurrent to the O4.  It is happening at the same time the others are doing something else.  Near the begining of it all, the President would surely be somewhere deep in a command center doing his thing.  

16 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

All you have to do is assume that FIVE is happening concurrent to the O4.  It is happening at the same time the others are doing something else.  Near the begining of it all, the President would surely be somewhere deep in a command center doing his thing.  

The thing about FIVE though is that it's completely seperate from every other map. Every other map is important, and contributes to the main story in one way or another. FIVE however, at least at this juncture, does not unless you count that it takes place concurrent to Ascension as contributing to the story.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I believe certain things were developing, but with the change in Directors, I think the story got an overhaul.

Like @JJMFPsaid, Blundell is doing great. But I still miss Zielinski, the old director. It was no one else then him who could make maps so mysterious. Think of the amount of time people put in searching mysteries in maps like Kino and Tranzit (and actually all WaW, BO1 and N4 maps). The maps Blundell makes are so full of things, that there are less mysterious things to theorise about. The black portait in Kino for example, so many thoughts about that. But I never heard someone talk about the mystery man on a monitor in the church in DE, just because that map is so full of other things. Textures and radios are still better then actual interactive EE's, IMO.

12 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

The thing about FIVE though is that it's completely seperate from every other map. Every other map is important, and contributes to the main story in one way or another. FIVE however, at least at this juncture, does not unless you count that it takes place concurrent to Ascension as contributing to the story.

Five showed us that not only the German Group 935, the Japanese and the Russians (ascension) were messing with 115, but also the Americans.

@anonymous The problem with Jason Blundell is that the dude is as subtle as a damn brick. 

With Jimmy there were a lot of sublte hints and teases hidden throughout the maps in more obscure ways, like strange quotes that didn't make much sense at first or a stone from Shangri-La carefully hidden in Moon's biodome.

With Jason it's like every cipher and clue that he puts into the map is so blatantly obvious what it's spelling out: BLAH BLAH JAPANESE ISLAND BLAH BLAH TAKEO GUESS WHERE WE'RE GOING NEXT. A CITY ON FIRE BY THE RIVER HEY LOOK IM HOME AND IM RUSSIAN AND WE HAVE STALINGRAD CO-ORDINATES GUESS WHICH CITY I'M TALKING ABOUT. LOOK, DRAGON EGGS!

It's no use theorising about stuff anymore since everything is so in your face with Blundell it leaves no room for discussion.

51 minutes ago, Slade said:

@anonymous The problem with Jason Blundell is that the dude is as subtle as a damn brick. 

With Jimmy there were a lot of sublte hints and teases hidden throughout the maps in more obscure ways, like strange quotes that didn't make much sense at first or a stone from Shangri-La carefully hidden in Moon's biodome.

With Jason it's like every cipher and clue that he puts into the map is so blatantly obvious what it's spelling out: BLAH BLAH JAPANESE ISLAND BLAH BLAH TAKEO GUESS WHERE WE'RE GOING NEXT. A CITY ON FIRE BY THE RIVER HEY LOOK IM HOME AND IM RUSSIAN AND WE HAVE STALINGRAD CO-ORDINATES GUESS WHICH CITY I'M TALKING ABOUT. LOOK, DRAGON EGGS!

It's no use theorising about stuff anymore since everything is so in your face with Blundell it leaves no room for discussion.

Absolutely spot on! This is the exact issue with current storyline within BO3. There is literally no room for discussion of even desire to attempt to open a discussion because everything is too blatent and the mystery element has gone completely.

+1 @Slade

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Slade said:

Oh wow. This is the feeling that I have not found the words to describe. Bingo - spot on! We miss you, Zeilinski.

8 hours ago, anonymous said:

Five showed us that not only the German Group 935, the Japanese and the Russians (ascension) were messing with 115, but also the Americans.

I suppose you could make the case that FIVE does contribute to the story. However, I'd still be hesitant to say it matters and has meaning to the story like every other map.

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2016 at 4:17 PM, Spider3000 said:

I loved the whole idea and feeling of "Five". Iwish zombies had continued to go that route. Real world people and places being incorporated. I also wish the story continued somewhat relative to where it was going after Moon. Im not complaining, just wishing. lol

Archived