So overall, did you like Zetsubou No Shima?

Rissole25

I am not a big fan of this map so far. I don't play it very often. It is cool that it is challenging, but setting up takes too long. If I die trying to set up I usually don't want to play it again. Having to fill up the water buckets and swim underwater is a little annoying not to mention having to collect the parts for PAP. On a lighter note, the setting is great and it is a good looking map. Maybe I will try to spend some more time with it but for now this will be the map that I hardly play.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I ever really LIKED ZNS. I tried to get into it, but couldn't. It's really more of a "retrospective" ordeal after a while for me, yet nothing really sticks.

I mean, I liked getting the Skulls done, and I honestly love the idea of the Thrasher, but the rest of the map just does not rest well for me. Just about everything else you do in the map is tedious, annoying, and just about every other negative three-syllable word I can think of.

Sorry if I rambled. Point is, I barely can give this map a pass. While it executes interesting ideas, it fails to impress me.

• Moderators

Personally, I love this map a lot. I also feel if Gorod Krovi and DLC 4 knock it out of the park, BO3 has the potential to be the best zombies game, nostalgia be darned.

I love the atmosphere, the weaponry, the plants system, the music, and the story implications.

The few things I didn't like were how the Thrashers were handled (Though I do think they're a pretty good boss, just spawn way too often), the requirement of Anywhere But Here for the easter egg, and how much setup is required to upgrade the KT4.

But considering how different Shadows of Evil is now since launch, I think Treyarch could easily fix the issues I stated above with a couple patches and the map could get even better.

7 hours ago, The Clay Bird said:

I, the clay bird, have found only the 2nd zombies map that i simply do not enjoy....  This map got too far away from what I consider the game mode that i fell in love with represents.  GK looks to be somewhat  back on track...  Maybe I am just not good lol...

Which was the other map you didn't like and why? 

• 2 weeks later...

It has grown on me slightly.  But it is still in my bottom 1/3 of zombies maps overall.  It is just too far removed from what I fell in love with  in the zombies mode.  I know there is a lot of pressure from us toward the team these days to make things very cryptic and complicated, but at this point i have played enough games with randoms to realize that this map is just too convoluted for anyone other than the extreme die-hards.  It is a niche map, and I'll get around to mastering it, but it is too odd and complicated to really appeal to me at this point

• Administrators

Having gone dark and competed ZNS including the building and upgrading of the KT-4 along with other mini-eggs, I consider this to be one of the best maps since Moon, if not the best since Moon. The atmosphere was generally on point (except for the glowing stuff...not much of a fan) the thrashers were well balanced and exciting, the map has excellent layout and the Easter Egg is fairly simple. It is one of the first maps I have been able to sit back and relax while playing since Black Ops 1. 

• 2 weeks later...

The map for me was okay. Not a fan of the whole running around with buckets to turn on the power though but it always adds that extra challenge.

I did really enjoy the spider boss fight and also the Easter Egg was great. I just didn't like the layout of the map and I felt I didn't have much space for training etc. The part I did love was when you completed the Easter Egg your could just camp and it was really easy.

I'm not really one to complain but I must admit I did enjoy the map at times, it was just very buggy/glitchy but as I said it was enjoyable at times. ??

• 6 months later...

I think it is one of the most unique maps. 

I like:

-power isn't just a switch

-pods and water mechanism 

-trials

-buildable weapon

-under water stuff

-spiders (just because they are something besides dogs and bugs finally)

I don't like:

-How long it takes to get the skull. The bows are fun to upgrade, who looks forward to getting the skull though?

-That you have to complete all challenges to do the EE

I never really want to play this map but I am unsure why. 

Archived