Sign in to follow this  
Koslans

Solo Easter Eggs

Koslans    39

So you can do Der Eisendrache and Zetsubou no Shima on solo.

Can we expect a patch for solo play on Shadows of Evil at some point? 

Also, I've heard you can do BO1 Easter Eggs on solo since a while.

Is that an official patch/update from Treach or are these 3rd party mods for PC?

Can I go solo from Call of the Dead all the way to Moon? 

And what about Black Ops 2? 

Smok3y    42

In terms of BO3, my gut would say the first (Soe) & last DLC will need 4 players. Alot of small reasons, nothing concrete just my gut.

In terms of BO1 EE's soloable, I believe this is PC only as a mod was made but someone else would need to confirm.

As far as console goes however the soloable EE;'s are, Der Reise - Flytrap, Cotd - Stand In, Origins - Lost Little Girl & as you mentioned Der Eisendrache & Zetsubou no Shima.

I am not entirely sure if the first half of the moon EE is soloable but I know that big bang theory is not.

(For what its worth, like SoE, MotD can be soloed pretty much up until the final step but you need a 2nd player to complete it.)

Im currently finished off with everything on BO3 so am looking to join others for shangri la & moon Ee's.

Hope this helps!

Rissole25    378

I wouldn't expect a patch. Disappointing obviously, as they would only need to make that the tracks stay powered on before you activate the tram.

Black Ops 1, the only Soloable one is Call of the Dead. I believe all the others can be done on PC through the console though. Moon can technically be done by one player, but the cord won't be placeable on the Moon computer unless there's a second player. So I think you could do it Split-Screen if that allows you to place the cord.

Black Ops 2, only Origins is Soloable. Buried and Die Rise require 4, Mob requires 2. TranZit is suppose to be done with 4, but can be done with 2 with a bit of luck.

Smok3y    42
17 minutes ago, Rissole25 said:

TranZit is suppose to be done with 4, but can be done with 2 with a bit of luck.

Damn those Emp's, many a ruined run because of a lack of those, even when spending 4 maxed out banks....

Koslans    39

Aye, thanks. I guess I didn't miss out on any of them. 

I'd like the Easter Eggs to be available on solo. 

Or to an extend where one player can do everything. 

Most require buttons to be pressed at the same time and stuff. 

That's ... impossible unless you plan it. 

DaveLo07    172

I think every map should have the option for the easter egg to be completed solo, it's not always possible to get a group together at a suitable time. However, I find the sense of accomplishment and enjoyment is far greater when playing with a team. I like the teamwork aspect of some of the steps. It seems like it would be easy to adapt the SOE easter egg for solo players, but if bo2 is anything to go by, the end game may well require a full team anyway.

On 20/06/2016 at 2:12 PM, Koslans said:

Most require buttons to be pressed at the same time and stuff. 

That's ... impossible unless you plan it. 

Spoiler

You'd be surprised what you can communicate, even without mics. Played a public ZNS no mics last night, and got to the boss battle before the host raged for their perkaholic when they went down (shows what a broken logic dashboards for gumballs is, he hadn't done the easter egg before but keeping perkaholic was more important apparently!). I thought the easter egg would be out of the question in public because of the cog from the zipline, but you can blag your way through most steps without communication. 

This step co-op requires 1 player to use the electric shield on the panel for the zipline at a specific time to drop the player using the zipline onto a small wooden platform. If you time it wrong the player on the zipline dies. If that can be done with no verbal communication, most easter eggs can be completed with the right randoms. Tranzit 2 player EMP step is the only step I've been unable to complete without communication.

• Like 1

Koslans    39

I'm surprised you managed to do the zipline part. Pretty cool! 

Mob of the Dead was the only one I managed to do so far.

The biggest issue is the connection however. 

The BO3 servers are so bad, I haven't got the chance to finish any co-op game in the past month. 

I've seen the darn forest more than the actual game :/

And that one time it's all fine and dandy, someone ragequits. 

• Like 1

DaveLo07    172
Spoiler

It was a leap of faith with the zipline. I lead a player up there, hit the panel with the electric shield and then took him back to the altar. Got him the electric shield, went back to the panel, demonstrated what I wanted him to do by hitting it with my shield then zipline and hoped! I'm sure most times I would have ended up in the water

The problem with BO3 are the solo weapon quests, which you cannot complete for other people. If someone isn't playing ball, you cannot progress. At least with the bows you can switch if someone can't complete, but with the challenges and the swords you are really reliant on the other players knowing what they're doing.

25 minutes ago, Koslans said:

Mob of the Dead was the only one I managed to do so far.

Mob is great for being able to do the easter egg without really effecting the way you play/slowing anything down. I'm sure many public lobby players have that achievement and still have no idea what the steps for the easter egg are.

22 minutes ago, Koslans said:

I've seen the darn forest more than the actual game :/

And that one time it's all fine and dandy, someone ragequits. 

Yep, this pretty much sums up most games! If I play public, all I expect now is to play 10 rounds and leave with a headache. Anything else is a bonus!

• Like 1