The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

On 6/20/2017 at 5:30 AM, InfestLithium said:

Whoops! For some reason I thought I had it planned out til the 24th but my mind must've gotten excited, thinking that the end of the month was already here! ?

All fixed now!

Lol okay perfect! Thanks!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
On 6/23/2017 at 6:22 PM, andydabeast said:

I messed up kinda early but it was fun. I submitted twice. The first will have a broken video link, the second has a video that works. Hope that is OK?

That's totally fine! As long as it's specified which video is desired to be used, then I don't mind.

This dimension has been restored.

d2857d404fb289d78727cd1a2eee97f6.png

The universe gets settled back into motion, as we have @TXMR reign June Champion! Right behind, we got previous champ @andydabeast roll in close with 9 tournament points. In a wild 3-way tie, @RequixEclipse barely scoots past in 3rd place with @sushine1 and YaBoyKnife sharing the wildcard placement. Congratulations, friendos!

Due to there being an extra week, this week is reserved for the registration for the final month of the Ancient Trials 2017 tournament! In the next couple weeks, more information about the famous Zombies Olympics will be posted, as well as the public pool registration. Keep a VERY close eye on this thread, folks!

July 2017 Tournament Registration: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ysDvqfrohR

9 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

That's totally fine! As long as it's specified which video is desired to be used, then I don't mind.

This dimension has been restored.

d2857d404fb289d78727cd1a2eee97f6.png

The universe gets settled back into motion, as we have @TXMR reign June Champion! Right behind, we got previous champ @andydabeast roll in close with 9 tournament points. In a wild 3-way tie, @RequixEclipse barely scoots past in 3rd place with @sushine1 and YaBoyKnife sharing the wildcard placement. Congratulations, friendos!

Due to there being an extra week, this week is reserved for the registration for the final month of the Ancient Trials 2017 tournament! In the next couple weeks, more information about the famous Zombies Olympics will be posted, as well as the public pool registration. Keep a VERY close eye on this thread, folks!

July 2017 Tournament Registration: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ysDvqfrohR

Wow I expected to be beaten in this last week. I just made a dumb mistake. I think Summer has people doing other things. @TXMR didn't even need the last challenge :thumbsup: 

@sushine1 didn't even use perks in his run for some reason so props to him for getting the same wave as me with jugg and speed!

Also, Chronicles has been out on all platforms for a couple weeks, will we be using that for July? 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, andydabeast said:

Wow I expected to be beaten in this last week. I just made a dumb mistake. I think Summer has people doing other things. @TXMR didn't even need the last challenge :thumbsup: 

@sushine1 didn't even use perks in his run for some reason so props to him for getting the same wave as me with jugg and speed!

Also, Chronicles has been out on all platforms for a couple weeks, will we be using that for July? 

Yes! This final month will be dedicated to Chronicles. It may feel like the same maps yes, but these challenges I have planned will definitely give a new spin besides the whole gameplay/graphics upgrade. ?

3 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

Yes! This final month will be dedicated to Chronicles. It may feel like the same maps yes, but these challenges I have planned will definitely give a new spin besides the whole gameplay/graphics upgrade. ?

So excited for this! I think people have had ample time to pick it up and download. My friends and I have been playing through them slowly. Can't wait to see what you have in store!

14 hours ago, andydabeast said:

Thank you! I kind of read the instructions wrong lol 

But I agree. I am excited for what challenges are in store for July!

• Administrators
10 hours ago, RequixEclipse said:

I thought I had till the first ? I still submitted my run. Didn't check back here I was waiting to submit ahhhhhh

Sorry friendo! It's always good to check the posts on here even after the challenge has been declared. Unfortunately there's no way to update everyone in the tournament about it, since a good chunk of people don't even read the Challonge PMs that I send out.

I'm looking into a potential forum plugin that'll update people based on replies in a topic they follow. It might already be a setting in your User Account.

On 1/29/2017 at 2:27 PM, Neanesis said:
  On 1/29/2017 at 2:23 AM, InfestLithium said:

As by the Ancients, the January Tournament has come to a conclusion. Our hero for this universe has been chosen...

d8e09afb559aaad9137a7507808d98d3.png

Congratulations to @Strayhawk for battling through the toughest of crows to become the Champion of the January 2017 Ancient Trial!

On 1/29/2017 at 2:23 AM, InfestLithium said:

As by the Ancients, the January Tournament has come to a conclusion. Our hero for this universe has been chosen...

f5ab3e01fa0f83cf01d0ee696ef58568.png

Congratulations to @Neanesis for battling through the toughest of crows to become the Champion of the January 2017 Ancient Trial! 

@InfestLithium So wait, I didn't win in January? As I look at this 5 months later because I thought I had a secured victory for that month.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Strayhawk said:

@InfestLithium So wait, I didn't win in January? As I look at this 5 months later because I thought I had a secured victory for that month.

Hey friendo, welcome back!

When the original results were posted, I misjudged the scoring for the NML Challenge #4. It was originally by kills but to make it fair across the board, I had to compare it to rounds (as that's what we had been using to score at the time). So it was converted into groups of points as seen here:

With that correction, it changed the placing.  You still, however, are in the Zombies Olympics as a contestant. Which means you automatically bypass the preliminary round in the Normal League:

2 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

With that correction, it changed the placing.  You still, however, are in the Zombies Olympics as a contestant. Which means you automatically bypass the preliminary round in the Normal League:

Ohhhhh ok. That sounds fair. Thanks Lithium. And I'll be participating in this months tournament to freshen myself up again. Happy head shots!

• Administrators

Welcome to the final month of the Ancient Trials tournament - July.

With the Zombies World Championship coming up and our partnership with mcsportzhawk (creator of the ZWC), we are removing the month of august as an AT month and instead making it into our Zombies Olympics month! More details will come in 1-2 weeks...wildcards, get ready to rumble very soon for the final spot in the ZO!

Challenge #1: The Ancients

Mode: Powerless

Map: Origins (Black Ops 3)

Type: Solo

Power: No

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

Take back the Group 935 station while limited on power! Slayers must trek through Origins without turning on the power (meaning no generator activation). This is the beginning and the end.

Rules:

• Players cannot activate Generators 1-6 for power.
  • Quick Revive is allowed (if possible).
  • Collecting the Elemental Staves is NOT allowed.
  • Buildables are allowed.
  • Crazy Place is allowed.
  • All standard weapons are allowed.
  • Power is NOT allowed.
  • Gobble Gums are NOT allowed.
  • Mystery Box is allowed (if possible).
  • The furthest wave reached wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in. These scores will not be reflected until the very end of the month.

To see the true results of each challenge, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials June 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

New update: Players are now allowed to submit their own scores on the Challonge website. This is due to an increased demand in other players wanting to see the scores of others. All scores will be corrected and reviewed upon end of the challenge week.

The challenge will end July 15th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Will the ZWC be explained once or is it explained once already? Also, I noticed that the Easter Egg Quest panel on the main page is gone. Is the Egg still undiscovered and able to be found?

(Props to you, @InfestLithium, you've hidden this egg very good(

Yes; there are some legal matters that have to be discussed hopefully by tomorrow. Once it's all finalized, we can produly put our stamp on it as an official endorser and promoter for the ZWC. :smile:

The EE has been discovered, but not finished! The closest team so far has been @Lizizadolphin and @WaterKH.

FYI players,

Yesterdays patch on the Xbone addressed a lot of Origins issues. We have a patch today on PC that I suspect will address the same issues. PS4 players should probably wait and see if you will get the patch before Saturday. 

PC source

source

Solo buyable door prices will affect our gameplay. 

Most of these don't apply but I can't imagine they would increase panzer health, so this means we will prob have easier panzers. And let's be honest, with no perks or staffs we are all going to have our runs terminated by panzers ;-)

Origins

• Balanced the Panzersoldat's health
  • Fixed an issue where the Panzersoldat could get stuck inside walls
  • Fixed various Panzersoldat pathing issues and bugs
  • Fixed an issue where players could take damage after being stomped by the robot while wearing the golden helmet
  • Fixed an issue where players were getting downed by the robot while in the trenches
  • Fixed various Elemental Staff bugs and exploits
  • Fixed Templar pathing issues
  • Fixed an issue where the robot hatch would fail to open after being hit
  • Fixed an issue where all perk machines would stop functioning after a generator had been recaptured
  • Reduced buyable door prices in the starting area while playing online solo games
  • Players will receive a double points powerup after capturing the first generator while playing in solo games"

EDIT: looks like the panzer re-balance was for them to come less often and only 1 instead of 3 to make it like co-op

2 hours ago, andydabeast said:

FYI players,

Yesterdays patch on the Xbone addressed a lot of Origins issues. We have a patch today on PC that I suspect will address the same issues. PS4 players should probably wait and see if you will get the patch before Saturday. 

PC source

source

Solo buyable door prices will affect our gameplay. 

Most of these don't apply but I can't imagine they would increase panzer health, so this means we will prob have easier panzers. And let's be honest, with no perks or staffs we are all going to have our runs terminated by panzers ;-)

Origins

• Balanced the Panzersoldat's health
  • Fixed an issue where the Panzersoldat could get stuck inside walls
  • Fixed various Panzersoldat pathing issues and bugs
  • Fixed an issue where players could take damage after being stomped by the robot while wearing the golden helmet
  • Fixed an issue where players were getting downed by the robot while in the trenches
  • Fixed various Elemental Staff bugs and exploits
  • Fixed Templar pathing issues
  • Fixed an issue where the robot hatch would fail to open after being hit
  • Fixed an issue where all perk machines would stop functioning after a generator had been recaptured
  • Reduced buyable door prices in the starting area while playing online solo games
  • Players will receive a double points powerup after capturing the first generator while playing in solo games"

The patch is now live for PC

18 hours ago, sushine1 said:

Just wanna throw this out there. That was a bit challenging! but I liked it! Alot! How did everyone do in the challenge? I did good in the Crazy Place, got to 23 in there! 

Oh snap doesn't look like I will podium this week lol 

Watching your gaeme. I had no idea the crazy place walls don't come down if the power isnt on and that there is an STG down there?? wow you clearly out stratted me. And No panzer down there? man...

1 hour ago, andydabeast said:

Oh snap doesn't look like I will podium this week lol 

Watching your gaeme. I had no idea the crazy place walls don't come down if the power isnt on and that there is an STG down there?? wow you clearly out stratted me. And No panzer down there? man...

As long as you don't pick up any stone they don't come down and I was worried about the panzer lol if I left I would have gotten bombarded with panzers lol

Archived