The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, andydabeast said:

no haha I just messed up and didn't want to restart

Wow. Just wow. So much excitement for this challenge. Nothing like ever before! Excellent idea!

Glad you like it! I take some inspiration from Reddit since people come up with very unique challenges. And with the right limitations, should make the challenges more unique and not a routine vibe.

On 6/4/2017 at 8:45 PM, InfestLithium said:

This dimension has been restored.

83781e1ffd9706e16da491ede869825a.png

From the birth of the new month of June, YaBoyKnife takes the lead with a whopping 33 rounds in Challenge #1! WAK_Fury comes in close at 2nd right on his heels, @TXMR following right behind with 3rd and CoDz-enthusiast @RequixEclipse keeping himself in the wildcard slot. But will these four continue to reign as the leaders of the tournament?

Challenge #2: Descension

Mode: One Buy (by u/Burn_Hassan)

Map: Der Eisendrache

Type: Solo

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

Flee to the German fortress of Group 935's snowy base...without your money pouch. Players will have to fend off the undead masses with only limited points, as they can only buy ONE item per round. This can get very messy, very fast.

Rules:

• Players can only buy one thing per round - this includes ammo, doors, traps, wall guns/Mystery Box weapons, Pack-a-Punch, teleporting, anything that costs points.
  • All perks are allowed minus Quick Revive.
  • Pack-a-Punch is allowed.
  • All weapons are allowed.
  • Power is allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.
  • Gobble Gums are NOT allowed.
  • Mystery Box is allowed.
  • Elemental Bows, Zombie Shield, and Elemental Bows (upgraded included) are allowed.
  • The furthest wave reached wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in. These scores will not be reflected until the very end of the month.

To see the true results of each challenge, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials June 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

New update: Players are now allowed to submit their own scores on the Challonge website. This is due to an increased demand in other players wanting to see the scores of others. All scores will be corrected and reviewed upon end of the challenge week.

The challenge will end June 10th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

-----------------------------------------------

Also, I am very aware that the weapons are slightly different in Black Ops 3 compared to Black Ops, including mechanics such as sliding and the zombie AI; however, after much field testing, results have shown that the difference is not significant enough to disallow either game to be chosen for this challenge. Each has their own strengths/weaknesses, and will be determined as such in each recorded gameplay by the players.

Quick question can we stack our one time opening? Like wait until wave 5 then open 5 things in a row? On a side note sorry I did not participate in challenges I took a break from zombies, but I'm back and excited for this challenge!!

18 minutes ago, sushine1 said:

Quick question can we stack our one time opening? Like wait until wave 5 then open 5 things in a row? On a side note sorry I did not participate in challenges I took a break from zombies, but I'm back and excited for this challenge!!

Welcome back!!! Though I am not the one to make that call. I would guess that stacking would not be allowed

20 minutes ago, sushine1 said:

Players can only buy one thing per round - this includes ammo, doors, traps, wall guns/Mystery Box weapons, Pack-a-Punch, teleporting, anything that costs points.

The way the first rule is Worded like this for a reason. To prevent one finding a loop to jump through.. lol besides we can buy every thing but quick revive and Gobble Gums! The trick is knowing how to choose what to buy wisely.. ;)

7 minutes ago, RequixEclipse said:

Welcome back!!! Though I am not the one to make that call. I would guess that stacking would not be allowed

The way the first rule is Worded like this for a reason. To prevent one finding a loop to jump through.. lol besides we can buy every thing but quick revive and Gobble Gums! The trick is knowing how to choose what to buy wisely.. ;)

Thanks! I completely agree tho! Quite tricky to figure out what to buy lol

• Administrators
3 hours ago, sushine1 said:

Stacking not allowed - if you don't buy anything within a round then you lose that opportunity haha. Good luck! ?

5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Stacking not allowed - if you don't buy anything within a round then you lose that opportunity haha. Good luck! ?

Lol that makes it a bit trickier! Fantastic challenge idea! I feel like a challenge were you could only hip-fire your weapon could be fun! 

22 hours ago, sushine1 said:

Lol that makes it a bit trickier! Fantastic challenge idea! I feel like a challenge were you could only hip-fire your weapon could be fun! 

I always thought a no door challenge on burred would be fun. No buying doors or flying with the wonder weapon. anything else goes. 

On 6/6/2017 at 5:47 PM, sushine1 said:

How about the Get Spanked challenge where you bend ove.... whoa hold on there.  Sorry that sounds pretty fun actually 

• Administrators

853e6c45a96b47eda4c0be7b5c567f58.png

This crazy challenge yielded crazy results, as we currently have a double deadlock tie! @TXMR pulls into first with YaBoyKnife with a massive 35 Rounds on this challenge. @RequixEclipse @andydabeast and WAK_Fury barely squeeze into 2nd place, and @sushine1 clings into the Top 4 with 3rd place. This is gonna be one for the books, folks! Now let's see how we can break this tie...

Challenge #3: Pizza Hut

Mode: Hut Challenge (by u/zombieboss115)

Map: Shi no Numa (Black Ops 1)

Description: 

Trek through the swamp of the undead while finding [somewhat] safe haven in the isolated huts! Players have limited time to get set up before camping out in any designated hut. Once there, they must remain until the horde has been eliminated. How electrifying!

Rules:

• Players must choose a hut to camp in BY ROUND 5.
  • A player is NOT allowed to leave the hut unless there is one zombie left at the end of the round, or it is Hellhound round.
  • If a player leaves the hut in the specified allowance, they may do whatever they please.
  • If a player leaves at any other instance (i.e. where there is more than 1 zombie alive), the match must be forfeited and the player must restart the challenge.
  • Power is allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in. These scores will not be reflected until the very end of the month.

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

New update: Players are now allowed to submit their own scores on the Challonge website. This is due to an increased demand in other players wanting to see the scores of others. All scores will be corrected and reviewed upon end of the challenge week.

The challenge will end June 17th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

3 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

853e6c45a96b47eda4c0be7b5c567f58.png

This crazy challenge yielded crazy results, as we currently have a double deadlock tie! @TXMR pulls into first with YaBoyKnife with a massive 35 Rounds on this challenge. @RequixEclipse @andydabeast and WAK_Fury barely squeeze into 2nd place, and @sushine1 clings into the Top 4 with 3rd place. This is gonna be one for the books, folks! Now let's see how we can break this tie...

Challenge #3: Pizza Hut

Mode: Hut Challenge (by u/zombieboss115)

Map: Shi no Numa (Black Ops 1)

Description: 

Trek through the swamp of the undead while finding [somewhat] safe haven in the isolated huts! Players have limited time to get set up before camping out in any designated hut. Once there, they must remain until the horde has been eliminated. How electrifying!

Rules:

• Players must choose a hut to camp in BY ROUND 5.
  • A player is NOT allowed to leave the hut unless there is one zombie left at the end of the round, or it is Hellhound round.
  • If a player leaves the hut in the specified allowance, they may do whatever they please.
  • If a player leaves at any other instance (i.e. where there is more than 1 zombie alive), the match must be forfeited and the player must restart the challenge.
  • Power is allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.

The challenge will end June 17th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

I am not sure how many years it has been for me since playing this map... Maybe 6 or 7. Twill be fun! great idea!

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, TXMR said:

So for the hut, do we have to go back if we kill the zombie? or what is the time limit for that? 

Yes; so if you kill the zombie outside the hut, you need to go back to your chosen hut. If you start killing zombies while not in the hut, that's grounds for a forfeited game.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:43 AM, InfestLithium said:

Yes; so if you kill the zombie outside the hut, you need to go back to your chosen hut. If you start killing zombies while not in the hut, that's grounds for a forfeited game.

Would this be an accurate and simpler way to describe it?-

"Once wave 5 starts a player may not kill any zombies if the player is outside their hut. 

If there is more than one zombie remaining a player cannot leave their hut.

Dogs are not zombies."

• Administrators
12 hours ago, andydabeast said:

Would this be an accurate and simpler way to describe it?-

"Once wave 5 starts a player may not kill any zombies if the player is outside their hut. 

If there is more than one zombie remaining a player cannot leave their hut.

Dogs are not zombies."

In a nutshell, yep! I basically took how it was stated on Reddit and added it in haha.

Current Challenge

This dimension has been..The demension has been FRACTURED "AHH THE POWER.. IS OVERWHELMING! YOUR ALL MINE!! RequixEclipse Deep within the æther controls the Ancients!

IMG_2861.PNG

@TXMR is under further review to see if required criteria is met. However he managed to make it to round 14! @RequixEclipse makes it to 10 rounds with the Commando. @andydabeast hangs on to 3rd for dear life! 

@RequixEclipse ties with YaBoyKnife... 

If @TXMR fails to meet criteria then @RequixEclipse would hold a 1 point lead. As of now the above Rankings stand. 

Spoiler

IMG_2862.PNG

SHOW TIME!

Challenge #4: 3-2-1 

Mode: 3-2-1 Challenge (by /u/InfectedP0tato)

Map: Kino Der Toten (Black Ops 1)

Description: 

Our survivors will enter stage left while their fate is to be decided in the Theatre of the Damned! Will they be cut from the script? Only time will tell.. 3-2-1 ACTION!

Rules:

• Player is allowed 3 perks.
  • Gobble Gums NOT allowed.
  • 2 Mystery Box Hits Only.
  • Can only Pack-A-Punch 1 time.
  • Quick Revive is one of the Available perks.
  • Power is allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.
  • No Time Limit 

The challenge will end June 24th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, sushine1 said:

Fun challenge!.... Just to clarify we have 2 weeks to do this challenge?!

Whoops! For some reason I thought I had it planned out til the 24th but my mind must've gotten excited, thinking that the end of the month was already here! ?

All fixed now!

Archived