The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

On 6/13/2016 at 3:49 AM, InfestLithium said:

e6tw0o.jpg

The Arena will be an online coliseum designed for slayers from all universes to compete against one another. With the integration of the Keeper Trials, codenamed "The Ancient Trials", challenges will be held either weekly or bi-weekly in the span of one full "season" (8 months). Players who prove themselves to be among the best of the best will be selected to compete in our famous Zombies Olympics.

Ancient Trials Champions

Current Challenge

How It Works

Every month will include its own tournament bracket, with 4 rounds pertaining to 4 weeks in a given month. The overall winners of the monthly tournaments automatically advance into the Olympics, as they have "clinched" their division. Imagine it just as a regular sports season if you will.

After the season has finished (which will be around the end of August), the Zombie Olympics will be underway in which 32 overall winners will compete to the death to prove their dominance in the Aether. This isn't any vague woo-ooo-oo tournament...we're talking about the big show. The Olympics will be live broadcasted on the CoDz Twitch page for the world to see, along with a special large grand prize for the champion of the realm.

*Note: It is possible that a wildcard may advance into the Olympics if a clinched player does not appear in time for the final tournament. In that event, more information will be disclosed on how to advance.

The match system in all tournaments is Swiss style - meaning there is no elimination if you lose a match. Your score is recorded as a W/L ratio against everyone in the month.  The objective is to hold more wins against all your fellow slayers...so get used to making frenemies.

Prizes & Rewards

What good tournament/challenge doesn't have some form of reward system? As part of the CoDz initiative, the Ancient ones have graciously decided to give tournament leaders prizes for their hard-earned wins leading up to the Zombie Olympics, which may include (but are not limited to):

• click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_146503056368250 Divinium per overall tournament win
  • Xbox / Playstation / Steam gift cards
  • Exclusive Zombies merch not available in the Divinium Factory
  • Special forum medal showcasing you're a winner of the Keeper Trials
  • [REDACTED] for winning the Zombie Olympics
  • ...and much much more!

For more information regarding how Divinium works within CoDz, click here.

Registration

Rather than text-submitting your application, we will now utilize Challonge - a tournament platform designed with the gamer's interests in mind. All challenges within the Ancient Trials, including the Zombie Olympics (as well as other monthly tournaments), will be held on Challonge and require signing up...but don't worry: it's easy and free to register.

Click here to sign up for the Ancient Trials

Once you've registered, your stats will be recorded against other slayers in a race to win special prizes from challenges and tournaments, including Divinium, gift cards, free Zombies memorabilia, and much much more! What is there to lose other than your soul?

Tournament Specifics

As of right now, the tournament (and this challenge) has begun. To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

Scoring System

Welcome to Merciless Mode, where the scoring of each challenge is vastly different compared to the previous months. In Merciless Mode, players are ranked against one another instead of round variance. This means the top slayer of a challenge will receive a score of 4, the 2nd top slayer a score of 3, so on and so forth. This is to test the true mettle of each slayer instead of allowing one slayer to dominate a challenge and then still win the month despite a poor performance in other challenges.

Here is an example:

• Player A (R14) - 4pts
  • Player C (R11) - 3pts
  • Player D (R6) - 2pts
  • Player B (R5) - 1pt

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials February 2017 Tournament

Ancient Trials January 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Before you jump into your first (or next) challenge/tournament, there are a few things you should know about the Arena. Unlike most match systems, our competition setup scores in real-time, which means you can see who moves up in the ranks, whose group takes the lead, and where each slayer stands in the entire challenge. Now that’s what we call omnipotent.

Alongside the new battling experience, we’ve also included new modes of challenges with fan-favorites such as:

• Blitzkrieg (new!)
  • Starting Room
  • Russian Roulette (new!)
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Hunted (new!)
  • Powerless
  • …and many more!

An example of the live broadcast of a typical challenge would be as shown below:

http://challonge.com/codz_holiday_blitzkrieg

Rules/Guidelines

As is with any universe, there are certain rules that every survivor must adhere to in order to ensure balance within each universe – the same follows for the Arena. Every rule must be complied with regardless of any challenge or tournament a player participates in. Failure to comply will result in tournament suspension, and possibly the heavier consequence of a permanent ban from the Arena. Gasp!

Registration

• All players must register within the Arena website in order to compete in any specific challenge. You may also register on Challonge as well, if you wish to receive instant updates on scores and tournament specifics.
  • Substitution from another competitor is prohibited during active challenges. For example, you cannot have another slayer play under your name while in the middle of a challenge.
  • Register with integrity. The worst thing you can do is sign up as someone else as a joke, only to have your winnings go to them.

Code of Conduct

• Bribing/begging/harassing another player or staff member is prohibited. (Bribing, really??)
  • All discussions – both in-game and on the site – are to be civilized. Profanity and smack talk is allowed with self-control.
  • Any form of cheating, whether glitching/hacking/modding/exploiting of any game mechanic where unintended within the game, is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate casting into the Aether.
  • Extra rules will be supplied at the announcement of each challenge, and must be adhered to whereas not stated in these set of general guidelines.

Winnings

• Winners of specific challenges with grand prizes are permitted to one prize unless conditions state otherwise.
  • Players who are overall winners of a challenge and/or tournament must fulfill the required information correctly to ensure they receive their winnings.
  • Bartering with other players for prizes within the Arena is not allowed.
  • Any prize won will be delivered to the given email/address presented to the staff by the player. The Arena and CoDz staff is not responsible for any stolen/lost/damaged prizes upon reception.

By registering for the Ancient Trials now on Challonge, you are taking your first step to securing a better tomorrow...even if there are still a few days before the new year comes.

Great job guy! Viddyyy youuuu! We will meet again! ?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

This dimension has been restored.

19493242cb2282da6d679ac1b5664632.png

The universe crumbles beneath the feet of our slayers, yet only one victor remains unswallowed by the blackness. Congratulations to ViggyTheBear for reigning as the May 2017 Champion at a FLAWLESS 16pts! In a close runner up, CoDz regular @RequixEclipse comes in with 2nd at 11pts, and @andydabeast continuing to show that he can easily land the Top 3 every time with 5pts! All players did well, and now we begin to move onto the next month's tournament in the wake of Zombies Chronicles!

Challenge #1: Descension

Mode: Classic+

Map: Ascension (Black Ops / Black Ops 3)

Type: Solo

Power: No

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

With the uprising of a remastered dimension, our slayers find themselves in the abandoned rocket facility of Ascension once again, armed only with the bare essentials. Players will revisit the classic vibe (with a slight twist) of Zombies with extreme limitations to test their mettle. Only the worth survive.

Rules:

• Only one perk of choice is allowed for the entirety of the game (Quick Revive and Juggernog are NOT allowed).
  • All weapons are allowed.
  • Power is NOT allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.
  • Gobble Gums are NOT allowed.
  • Mystery Box is NOT allowed.
  • The Easter Egg, or any variation of one whether it be small or big that may result in extra weapons/assistance, is NOT allowed.
  • The furthest wave reached wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in. These scores will not be reflected until the very end of the month.

To see the true results of each challenge, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials June 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

New update: Players are now allowed to submit their own scores on the Challonge website. This is due to an increased demand in other players wanting to see the scores of others. All scores will be corrected and reviewed upon end of the challenge week.

The challenge will end June 3rd at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

-----------------------------------------------

Also, I am very aware that the weapons are slightly different in Black Ops 3 compared to Black Ops, including mechanics such as sliding and the zombie AI; however, after much field testing, results have shown that the difference is not significant enough to disallow either game to be chosen for this challenge. Each has their own strengths/weaknesses, and will be determined as such in each recorded gameplay by the players.

Ok I'm going to attempt this and submit because I'm unsure if I got into this month?

2 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

19493242cb2282da6d679ac1b5664632.png

The universe crumbles beneath the feet of our slayers, yet only one victor remains unswallowed by the blackness. Congratulations to ViggyTheBear for reigning as the May 2017 Champion at a FLAWLESS 16pts! In a close runner up, CoDz regular @RequixEclipse comes in with 2nd at 11pts, and @andydabeast continuing to show that he can easily land the Top 3 every time with 5pts! All players did well, and now we begin to move onto the next month's tournament in the wake of Zombies Chronicles!

Challenge #1: Descension

Mode: Classic+

Map: Ascension (Black Ops / Black Ops 3)

Power: No

Description: 

With the uprising of a remastered dimension, our slayers find themselves in the abandoned rocket facility of Ascension once again, armed only with the bare essentials. Players will revisit the classic vibe (with a slight twist) of Zombies with extreme limitations to test their mettle. Only the worth survive.

Rules:

• Only one perk of choice is allowed for the entirety of the game (Quick Revive and Juggernog are NOT allowed).
  • Power is NOT allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.
  • Mystery Box is NOT allowed.
  • The Easter Egg, or any variation of one whether it be small or big that may result in extra weapons/assistance, is NOT allowed.

Also, I am very aware that the weapons are slightly different in Black Ops 3 compared to Black Ops, including mechanics such as sliding and the zombie AI; however, after much field testing, results have shown that the difference is not significant enough to disallow either game to be chosen for this challenge. Each has their own strengths/weaknesses, and will be determined as such in each recorded gameplay by the players.

WOW  viggy you are a beast.

A couple things.

1. with no power how do we use traps or buy a perk? unless the free perk is what you mean. So we need to avoid getting the perk bottle power-up if we already have a perk? for our first perk we leave it to chance and if we get jugg or QR we are done?

2. The use of chronicles is NOT fair or even in any way for one massive reason. BLACK OPS 3 MAPS ARE 3 HIT DOWN and BO1 maps are two hit. So anyone with  PS4 gets to start with jugg for free but PC and xbox players have to die on a double swipe?

Also the jump slide provides a speed advantage with slower weapons.

I will not participate in these trials if Chronicles maps are allowed before the release of Chronicles on the other platforms and I urge everyone else to do the same. 

Just wait till July or at least the week after release on PC and xbox (maybe the week of the 18th?)

2 hours ago, andydabeast said:

A couple things.

1. with no power how do we use traps or buy a perk? unless the free perk is what you mean. So we need to avoid getting the perk bottle power-up if we already have a perk? for our first perk we leave it to chance and if we get jugg or QR we are done?

2. The use of chronicles is NOT fair or even in any way for one massive reason. BLACK OPS 3 MAPS ARE 3 HIT DOWN and BO1 maps are two hit. So anyone with  PS4 gets to start with jugg for free but PC and xbox players have to die on a double swipe?

Also the jump slide provides a speed advantage with slower weapons.

I will not participate in these trials if Chronicles maps are allowed before the release of Chronicles on the other platforms and I urge everyone else to do the same. 

Just wait till July or at least the week after release on PC and xbox (maybe the week of the 18th?)

@InfestLithium  He has a good point it is a bit unfair.. why not some BO2 or Original BO3 maps until every one can be on the same foot my friend.

• Administrators

@andydabeast When I played, it didn't make a great deal of difference the couple Trials I ran. Of course, maybe it was just luck those several plays or it was due to my certain playing style. I can see why others would agree with your statement, though.

As a result, this will be a Black Ops 1 only challenge. Apologies to anyone who felt disgruntled with this situation at first glance.

23 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

@andydabeast When I played, it didn't make a great deal of difference the couple Trials I ran. Of course, maybe it was just luck those several plays or it was due to my certain playing style. I can see why others would agree with your statement, though.

As a result, this will be a Black Ops 1 only challenge. Apologies to anyone who felt disgruntled with this situation at first glance.

I personally don't mind the Dolphin Dive and Sliding difference it's the 2 hit  down on BO1 to 3 hits on BO3 that is a bit ehh. You know BO1 *Slap*...SAM! *Slap.SLAP!!!* HAHHHAHAHA *que outro* that 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, RequixEclipse said:

I personally don't mind the Dolphin Dive and Sliding difference it's the 2 hit  down on BO1 to 3 hits on BO3 that is a bit ehh. You know BO1 *Slap*...SAM! *Slap.SLAP!!!* HAHHHAHAHA *que outro* that 

I felt that BO3 windmill slapped too much, making it feel the same as a 2-hit KO. While Black Ops is also guilty of it, there was at least a half second delay for you to react before getting swiped at. In Black Ops 3, you'd get hit the moment you were near them at such an alarming rate.

Also forgot to mention: I put certain rules in there IN THE EVENT someone finds a loophole. Hence why it's no power yet traps and one perk are allowed. Y'all are some sneaky SOBs haha

14 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Drops are ok. ?

Thank you gracious one I will pick up the many fire sales I can't use in your Honor.. :769:

23 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

22 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

I felt that BO3 windmill slapped too much, making it feel the same as a 2-hit KO. While Black Ops is also guilty of it, there was at least a half second delay for you to react before getting swiped at. In Black Ops 3, you'd get hit the moment you were near them at such an alarming rate.

Sorry I was so firm in my stance there. I havent played chronicles but for me the +50% starting health in BO3 makes it way easier. I know we aren't playing for money or anything but it is easy to make it fair and even so why not? thanks. 

22 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Also forgot to mention: I put certain rules in there IN THE EVENT someone finds a loophole. Hence why it's no power yet traps and one perk are allowed. Y'all are some sneaky SOBs haha

18 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Drops are ok. ?

I guess that answers the question... hope for no jugg or QR on the first monkies...

Just now, TXMR said:

If my recording crashed but i got it up again and recorded the last bit, do you still want to post two updates? 

It has to be 1 recording start to finish I believe... ?

22 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

As long I can see consistency, then it's fine. I don't expect anyone to pull a Superhands here - will just thoroughly examine the video. ?

What about the beginning just wondering.. Does it have to be from start of round 1 on or can we start later?

1 hour ago, RequixEclipse said:

What about the beginning just wondering.. Does it have to be from start of round 1 on or can we start later?

Just be safe and video the whole thing. You could have bought QR and downed with it and gotten back up before you started recording and we would not know.

18 minutes ago, andydabeast said:

Just be safe and video the whole thing. You could have bought QR and downed with it and gotten back up before you started recording and we would not know.

I am very good when it comes to Video Editing and Post production ;)

9 hours ago, RequixEclipse said:

I am very good when it comes to Video Editing and Post production ;)

The submission is supposed to be unedited. Don't waste your time. Just record and upload. I record on PC and am still trying to get my settings right for better recording quality with lower file size but yea I do nothing to them. 

52 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

Was it that hard? Haha :glasses:

I didn't do as well and  i'm unsure if this challenge would be better ones zombie Chronicles come out for Xbox one however on the backwards compatible black ops I found it Challenging do to the decrease in effectiveness the Stakeout/Ak47-u has, but overall very fun!!  :75:

• Administrators

83781e1ffd9706e16da491ede869825a.png

From the birth of the new month of June, YaBoyKnife takes the lead with a whopping 33 rounds in Challenge #1! WAK_Fury comes in close at 2nd right on his heels, @TXMR following right behind with 3rd and CoDz-enthusiast @RequixEclipse keeping himself in the wildcard slot. But will these four continue to reign as the leaders of the tournament?

Challenge #2: Descension

Mode: One Buy (by u/Burn_Hassan)

Map: Der Eisendrache

Power: Yes

Description: 

Flee to the German fortress of Group 935's snowy base...without your money pouch. Players will have to fend off the undead masses with only limited points, as they can only buy ONE item per round. This can get very messy, very fast.

Rules:

• Players can only buy one thing per round - this includes ammo, doors, traps, wall guns/Mystery Box weapons, Pack-a-Punch, teleporting, anything that costs points.
  • All perks are allowed minus Quick Revive.
  • Pack-a-Punch is allowed.
  • Power is allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.
  • Mystery Box is allowed.
  • Elemental Bows, Zombie Shield, and Elemental Bows (upgraded included) are allowed.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in. These scores will not be reflected until the very end of the month.

To see the true results of each challenge, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials June 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

New update: Players are now allowed to submit their own scores on the Challonge website. This is due to an increased demand in other players wanting to see the scores of others. All scores will be corrected and reviewed upon end of the challenge week.

The challenge will end June 10th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

Archived