The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Administrators
On 5/5/2017 at 9:03 PM, andydabeast said:

Yea I'm already in the Olympics so I would rather play with friends. Prolly all my scores will be first attempt from here on out. I don't like playing BO1 zombies solo. When are we going to play BO2 maps? @InfestLithium you do know that Black Ops 2 exists right? :lol:

Indeed; however, not everyone has access to BOII at the moment so I'm holding off at least one more month. :glasses:

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

This dimension has been restored.

d03661d6499cab46ac3d10a4ec74f2bf.png

New contestant ViggyTheBear takes the initial lead in this month's challenge, with a whopping 30 rounds! Previous champ @andydabeast still trails behind, not letting first place out of his sight. @RequixEclipse enters the Top 3, but let's see how long he can hold for! And @DemonX31 - another newcomer - is hangin' on a thread, but still has a chance to hit the top ranks!

Challenge #2: No Air, No Problem

Mode: Powerless

Map: Moon

Type: Solo

Power: No

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

Before you assist in annihilating the Earth, grab your cahones by the handful and survive the undead adventure into space. Players must survive an entire match without power, and as an added twist, are not allowed to return back to Area 51 after escaping from spawn.

Rules:

• Quick Revive is allowed, and so is whatever perk spawns in NML. All others are NOT allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punching upon spawn is acceptable.
  • Return to NMLis NOT allowed.
  • Wall weapons are allowed.
  • Gobble Gums are NOT allowed.
  • Traps are NOT allowed.
  • Mystery Box is allowed.
  • The Easter Egg quest is NOT allowed.
  • The furthest wave reached wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in. These scores will not be reflected until the very end of the month.

To see the true results of each challenge, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials May 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

New update: Players are now allowed to submit their own scores on the Challonge website. This is due to an increased demand in other players wanting to see the scores of others. All scores will be corrected and reviewed upon end of the challenge week.

The challenge will end May 13th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

20 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

d03661d6499cab46ac3d10a4ec74f2bf.png

New contestant ViggyTheBear takes the initial lead in this month's challenge, with a whopping 30 rounds! Previous champ @andydabeast still trails behind, not letting first place out of his sight. @RequixEclipse enters the Top 3, but let's see how long he can hold for! And @DemonX31 - another newcomer - is hangin' on a thread, but still has a chance to hit the top ranks!

Challenge #2: No Air, No Problem

Map: Moon

Description: 

Before you assist in annihilating the Earth, grab your cahones by the handful and survive the undead adventure into space. Players must survive an entire match without power, and as an added twist, are not allowed to return back to Area 51 after escaping from spawn.

Rules:

• Quick Revive is allowed, and so is whatever perk spawns in NML. All others are NOT allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punching upon spawn is acceptable.
  • Return to NMLis NOT allowed.
  • Wall weapons are allowed.
  • Traps are NOT allowed.
  • Mystery Box is allowed.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in. These scores will not be reflected until the very end of the month.

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

New update: Players are now allowed to submit their own scores on the Challonge website. This is due to an increased demand in other players wanting to see the scores of others. All scores will be corrected and reviewed upon end of the challenge week.

The challenge will end May 13th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

IMG_2004.JPG 

5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Indeed; however, not everyone has access to BOII at the moment so I'm holding off at least one more month. :glasses:

I thought it was just made compatible with X1? I guess I don't understand how consoles work. Seems like if you can play BO1, BO2 should be a given. 

Also, Chronicles releases in June for everyone. That would be a fantastic way to play older maps in BO3. Maybe from July onward we can use chronicles for those maps?

• Administrators
On 5/8/2017 at 5:45 AM, andydabeast said:

I thought it was just made compatible with X1? I guess I don't understand how consoles work. Seems like if you can play BO1, BO2 should be a given. 

Also, Chronicles releases in June for everyone. That would be a fantastic way to play older maps in BO3. Maybe from July onward we can use chronicles for those maps?

It is; however, I have to consider the poor Playstation players that don't have access like us PC and Xbox users have.

Great idea! Will definitely get into that, making every map virtually playable at that point. :smile:

1 hour ago, InfestLithium said:

It is; however, I have to consider the poor Playstation players that don't have access like us PC and Xbox users have.

Great idea! Will definitely get into that, making every map virtually playable at that point. :smile:

Playstation people can play BO1 but not BO2? I guess I don't really need to understand. I'm just tired of playing COTD and Moon solo... In my last moon run for March I never turned on the power, can I submit that and just take the low score? haha thinking about it. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, andydabeast said:

Playstation people can play BO1 but not BO2? I guess I don't really need to understand. I'm just tired of playing COTD and Moon solo... In my last moon run for March I never turned on the power, can I submit that and just take the low score? haha thinking about it. 

Well streaming-wise it's difficult for us console players, let alone recording. I have told people that even recording with a phone is OK, but some people would rather have decent quality versus shite quality haha. 

I totally get you! The next month will have things spiced up. :glasses:

And no, you can't use an old run haha. Sorry mate!

Had time for a game and got to 10. So I was looking to better that round earlier. It was about that time that I realize that I had to be at work in 30 minutes.  So I cry spare glass whiskey for this  fellow survivor... IMG_2347.JPG

• Administrators

e35145855090156a86671075e2e056c0.png

ViggyTheBear continues to take the lead, with a wild R26 on Challenge 2! @RequixEclipse pulls slightly ahead into 2nd place, but can he overcome the odds and take the top spot? Only Time Travel Will Tell.

Challenge #3: The Jungle

Mode: Hunted

Map: Shangri-la

Power: Yes

Description: 

Slayers are back in the notorious ancient ruins of Shangri-la in a brand new mode, Hunted. Players will be extremely limited, only armed with their pistol and starting room weapons without the aid of any perks whatsoever. Who will become the hunted in this terrifying tale?

Rules:

• Perks are NOT allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punching is allowed.
  • Killing the zombie monkeys are NOT allowed, unless by accident via Nuke powerup.
  • M14, Olympia, and M1911 are the only weapons allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.
  • Mystery Box is NOT allowed.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in. These scores will not be reflected until the very end of the month.

The challenge will end May 20th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

2 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

e35145855090156a86671075e2e056c0.png

ViggyTheBear continues to take the lead, with a wild R26 on Challenge 2! @RequixEclipse pulls slightly ahead into 2nd place, but can he overcome the odds and take the top spot? Only Time Travel Will Tell.

Challenge #3: The Jungle

Mode: Hunted

Map: Shangri-la

Description: 

Slayers are back in the notorious ancient ruins of Shangri-la in a brand new mode, Hunted. Players will be extremely limited, only armed with their pistol and starting room weapons without the aid of any perks whatsoever. Who will become the hunted in this terrifying tale?

Rules:

• Perks are NOT allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punching is allowed.
  • Killing the zombie monkeys are NOT allowed, unless by accident via Nuke powerup.
  • M14, Olympia, and M1911 are the only weapons allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in. These scores will not be reflected until the very end of the month.

The challenge will end May 20th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

imagejpeg

image.jpeg IF I WOULD OF JUST QUIT MY JOB....

ViggyTheBear continues to take the lead, with a wild R26

• Administrators

f410d8bdda3dd2bdb70426d5af4961fd.png

In a valiant effort, ViggyTheBear continues holding the lead as they make way onto the finial challenge, with contender @RequixEclipse in pursuit! There's still a chance to make room for a dual-Champion, but let's see how our slayers survive this next one.

Challenge #4: Funhaus

Map: Verruckt (Black Ops)

Description: 

You would have to be insane in order to survive this challenges. Armed with everything at their disposal, players will trek through the Asylum without the aid of power. This means no perks - just as it used to be.

Rules:

• Perks are NOT allowed.
  • All weapons are allowed.
  • Power is NOT allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.

The challenge will end May 27th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Jbrylinsabresfan said:

i signed up. i uploaded moon to late and i shangra-la is the only blops zombies map i don't own haha

Glad to have you back! The beauty of Zombies Chronicles is that most maps will become fully available, so that should make it easier on a lot of people. 

On 5/21/2017 at 6:06 PM, InfestLithium said:

f410d8bdda3dd2bdb70426d5af4961fd.png

In a valiant effort, ViggyTheBear continues holding the lead as they make way onto the finial challenge, with contender @RequixEclipse in pursuit! There's still a chance to make room for a dual-Champion, but let's see how our slayers survive this next one.

Challenge #4: Funhaus

Map: Verruckt (Black Ops)

Description: 

You would have to be insane in order to survive this challenges. Armed with everything at their disposal, players will trek through the Asylum without the aid of power. This means no perks - just as it used to be.

Rules:

• Perks are NOT allowed.
  • Power is NOT allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.

The challenge will end May 27th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

This will be fun and I'll be able to attempt it more than once unlike last round! :sweat48: lol

• Administrators

19493242cb2282da6d679ac1b5664632.png

The universe crumbles beneath the feet of our slayers, yet only one victor remains unswallowed by the blackness. Congratulations to ViggyTheBear for reigning as the May 2017 Champion at a FLAWLESS 16pts! In a close runner up, CoDz regular @RequixEclipse comes in with 2nd at 11pts, and @andydabeast continuing to show that he can easily land the Top 3 every time with 5pts! All players did well, and now we begin to move onto the next month's tournament in the wake of Zombies Chronicles!

Challenge #1: Descension

Mode: Classic+

Map: Ascension (Black Ops 1)

Description: 

With the uprising of a remastered dimension, our slayers find themselves in the abandoned rocket facility of Ascension once again, armed only with the bare essentials. Players will revisit the classic vibe (with a slight twist) of Zombies with extreme limitations to test their mettle. Only the worth survive.

Rules:

• Only one perk of choice is allowed for the entirety of the game (Quick Revive and Juggernog are NOT allowed).
  • Power is NOT allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.
  • The Easter Egg, or any variation of one whether it be small or big that may result in extra weapons/assistance, is NOT allowed.

Ancient Trials June 2017 Tournament

The challenge will end June 3rd at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

-----------------------------------------------

Also, I am very aware that the weapons are slightly different in Black Ops 3 compared to Black Ops, including mechanics such as sliding and the zombie AI; however, after much field testing, results have shown that the difference is not significant enough to disallow either game to be chosen for this challenge. Each has their own strengths/weaknesses, and will be determined as such in each recorded gameplay by the players.

Edit: Due to lack of support on the issue, this challenge will NOT be available to Black OPs 3.

Archived