The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Administrators
5 hours ago, ruskinhood said:

The shield/Shield blast allowed? I didn't realize that quick revive was allowed during the last challenge. Went down on round 14 completely set up (no perks). Came back and looked at the rules and felt dumb :-/

Yep! Shield always allowed in challenges unless mentioned.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

The timeline has been altered.

28dc2c59f0aefa4b0fa2b986ab286709.png

Wak_Fury jumps ahead the competition halfways through April, toppling his squadmates with a whopping 29 round gameplay! @ruskinhood and @sushine1 compete neck to neck with a tie in the tourney. @xlimeTigerx hangs in there with 4 tourney points, and @andydabeast takes it easy with his previous crown at 4th place! But things are about to get a little more heated.

Challenge #3: Classic Warfare

Mode: Bullet Rambo (from u/Hander66 of r/CODZ)

Map: The Giant

Type: Solo

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

Return to the depths of the undead horde in The Giant, a.k.a. Der Riese. Except in this reality, survivors are only allowed to tackle the horde with bullet-based weapons, specifically lead. Who brings a gun to a knife fight? You do.

Rules:

• All perks are allowed.
  • Meleeing and use of grenades are NOT allowed.
  • Wall weapons are allowed, excluding the Bowie Knife/Grenades/Annihilator pistol.
  • Gobblegums are NOT allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punch is NOT allowed.
  • Traps are NOT allowed.
  • Mystery Box is allowed with the weapon criteria as specified above. Explosives, Wunderwaffe, Ray Gun for example are NOT allowed.
  • The furthest wave reached wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials April 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end April 23rd at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

• Administrators
6 hours ago, sushine1 said:

Does that mean that you can only take a gun from the mystery box if you can also get it of the wall? Like the shieva, VMP, etc. Or you can use any gun in there as long as it fits the criteria? Also monkey bombs are a no go just to make sure!

Yes!

The only thing you can damage a zombie with in terms of any weapon is a normal gun that fires regular bullets. Even knives and grenades are not allowed.

6 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Yes!

The only thing you can damage a zombie with in terms of any weapon is a normal gun that fires regular bullets. Even knives and grenades are not allowed.

I assume shotgun buckshot is considered a bullet. 

Also, this new scoring. so it no longer matters if first place gets 30 rounds and second place gets 5, or if second gets 29 rounds, it is just 4 points for first, 3 points for second, 2 points for third, and last week Jeff got 1 point for fourth but this week I do not get 1 point for fourth??

• Administrators
7 hours ago, andydabeast said:

I assume shotgun buckshot is considered a bullet. 

Also, this new scoring. so it no longer matters if first place gets 30 rounds and second place gets 5, or if second gets 29 rounds, it is just 4 points for first, 3 points for second, 2 points for third, and last week Jeff got 1 point for fourth but this week I do not get 1 point for fourth??

Correct! 

Yes the scoring ring works based on placement now. I re-examined scoring based on the original system and found that it was a little wonky. Technically, a player would be able to crush one challenge, lose the other challenges, and still become the month's victor. While we haven't had that problem since most of the challenges are semi difficult, I wanted to try out a new scoring style this month to push people in actually beating out other skaters instead of "lemme crank some numbers out and hope for the best".

@RequixEclipse Next week should be the May sign ups!

16 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Correct! 

Yes the scoring ring works based on placement now. I re-examined scoring based on the original system and found that it was a little wonky. Technically, a player would be able to crush one challenge, lose the other challenges, and still become the month's victor. While we haven't had that problem since most of the challenges are semi difficult, I wanted to try out a new scoring style this month to push people in actually beating out other skaters instead of "lemme crank some numbers out and hope for the best".

@RequixEclipse Next week should be the May sign ups!

OH that is what the 2-1 is. 2 points the first round and 1 the second, so if I come in first this week it would be 2-1-4 for a total of 7 points. I understand. 

I'm gonna be honest.. I had to restart this challenge so many times that I don't want to play zombies for the rest of the week LOL I can't NOT knife zombies.. It's like.. I don't even know that I'm doing it when I'm doing it. First attempt, I realized 10 minutes in that I had been using grenades. Second attempt I knifed on round one. Finally I got some traction on my third attempt, but it ended up not being a very good game. I submitted the third attempt in acknowledgement of my failure this week! :-P 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, ruskinhood said:

I'm gonna be honest.. I had to restart this challenge so many times that I don't want to play zombies for the rest of the week LOL I can't NOT knife zombies.. It's like.. I don't even know that I'm doing it when I'm doing it. First attempt, I realized 10 minutes in that I had been using grenades. Second attempt I knifed on round one. Finally I got some traction on my third attempt, but it ended up not being a very good game. I submitted the third attempt in acknowledgement of my failure this week! :-P 

Giving up while there's still several days left? That's no way to challenge yourself! Haha

I do like your idea...perhaps we'll be seeing that in the near future. :glasses:

13 hours ago, ruskinhood said:

I good challenge would be no ADS/Only hipfire. Just like the melee stipulation, it's very hard to control what your muscle memory does by default. I could see controllers being thrown in the air in frustration LOL

Or starting room, or something like a three door challenge. Pick a map and anything goes (besides GG) cept you can only buy three doors. 

I have also wondered how fun a Buried no door no flying(with wonder weapon) challenge would be. You would be able to access a large portion of the map but no pap (maybe power? I forget)

10 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Giving up while there's still several days left? That's no way to challenge yourself! Haha

I do like your idea...perhaps we'll be seeing that in the near future. :glasses:

It is a challenge in self control. Can't wait to try. 

• Administrators

@xlimeTigerx Please re-upload your video! It says that it is unavailable.

Due to technical difficulties and some people have restricted/unviewable videos, I am postponing the next challenge til tomorrow. Which means tomorrow will also yield the results! Anyone who does not ensure their videos are viewable by tomorrow will receive a score of 0.

13 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

@xlimeTigerx Please re-upload your video! It says that it is unavailable.

Due to technical difficulties and some people have restricted/unviewable videos, I am postponing the next challenge til tomorrow. Which means tomorrow will also yield the results! Anyone who does not ensure their videos are viewable by tomorrow will receive a score of 0.

Mine looks fine to me. Who else needs to re-upload? 

• Administrators

2lb2e5e.jpg

WAK_Fury continues to take the lead in the tournament by a mere 1 point, with @sushine1 trailing behind at the heels! @andydabeast and @ruskinhood duel it out to topple one another. xlimeTiger hangs in tight, but can definitely take spot in the Top 3!

Challenge #4: Hit Me, Barkeep

Mode: Alcoholics Anonymous/Limit

Map: Shadows of Evil

Description: 

Take to the streets of Morg City, with a vendetta against those blasted perk soda contraptions. Players must survive the hard ventures of the undead with only one perk available to them, while using a limited arsenal. Time to get sober.

Rules:

• Only one perk of choosing is allowed, and can be re-bought as many times as needed.
  • Players are allowed to hit the Mystery Box up until the start of Round 5. From there on, the Mystery Box is NOT allowed.
  • Wall weapons are allowed.
  • Gobble Gums are NOT allowed.
  • Traps are NOT allowed.
  • Elemental swords are NOT allowed.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

New update: Players are now allowed to submit their own scores on the Challonge website. This is due to an increased demand in other players wanting to see the scores of others. All scores will be corrected and reviewed upon end of the challenge week.

The challenge will end April 30th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

28 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

2lb2e5e.jpg

WAK_Fury continues to take the lead in the tournament by a mere 1 point, with @sushine1 trailing behind at the heels! @andydabeast and @ruskinhood duel it out to topple one another. xlimeTiger hangs in tight, but can definitely take spot in the Top 3!

Challenge #4: Hit Me, Barkeep

Mode: Alcoholics Anonymous/Limit

Map: Shadows of Evil

Description: 

Rules:

• Only one perk of choosing is allowed, and can be re-bought as many times as needed.
  • Players are allowed to hit the Mystery Box up until the start of Round 5. From there on, the Mystery Box is NOT allowed.
  • Wall weapons are allowed.
  • Gobble Gums are NOT allowed.
  • Traps are NOT allowed.
  • Elemental swords are NOT allowed.

New update: Players are now allowed to submit their own scores on the Challonge website. This is due to an increased demand in other players wanting to see the scores of others. All scores will be corrected and reviewed upon end of the challenge week.

The challenge will end April 30th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

I want to point out my 10 wave lead on the last challenge :bouncy:

One perk can be re-bought as many times as needed, but the only way to not die from going down is if that one perk is QR. So any other perk is a one time purchase till death? 

We can open pap and use beast mode but we just cannot pap a weapon right? I love training in there. 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, andydabeast said:

I want to point out my 10 wave lead on the last challenge :bouncy:

One perk can be re-bought as many times as needed, but the only way to not die from going down is if that one perk is QR. So any other perk is a one time purchase till death? 

We can open pap and use beast mode but we just cannot pap a weapon right? I love training in there. 

There might be a little confusion. You can only choose one drink from all the possible perks. So if you choose QR, thenthats the only perk you can have all game. So yes it gives you extra revive chances but now you sacrificenever being able to useJugg or Speed Cola for example.

But if you go down with Juggand lose it, you can just rebuy it. You are correct on that!

Yes, the room and beast are still allowed just no PaPing. ?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, sushine1 said:

I didn't know we could use guns from the mystery box on the last challenge haha felt dumb haha...... Just to make sure, if I get jugg and go down wouldn't that end my game?! Lol

Oh yeah...kept thinking in terms of WR for some reason haha.

Archived