The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

You did the right thing.

2d27b695b0d7d59fbecbdefa0a0e04f3.png

In an insane pull ahead, @andydabeast crushes the opposition ahead and takes the crown as the March 2017 Champion! Major props to @sushine1 for having the highest score, Round 41, in the previous challenge! That second place slot nets you the opportunity to enter the Zombie Olympics - but there's always room to clutch your month for a redemption shot and Divinium boost!

The rules of the universe have changed.

Welcome to Merciless Mode, where the scoring of each challenge is vastly different compared to the previous months. In Merciless Mode, players are ranked against one another instead of round variance. This means the top slayer of a challenge will receive a score of 4, the 2nd top slayer a score of 3, so on and so forth. This is to test the true mettle of each slayer instead of allowing one slayer to dominate a challenge and then still win the month despite a poor performance in other challenges.

Challenge #1: Ethereal Limit

Mode: Powerless

Map: Revelations

Type: Solo

Power: No

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

Despite the ragtag crew jumping through the portal with these other three soldiers, they couldn't help but feel something off. Upon passing through what seemed like a red, weightless tunnel, they appeared in a desolate black space, not even touching the ground...if there was any. The same place they had been to when escaping the wasteland filled with those Apothicons.

In the distance, a small light formed. Inching closer and closer to the crew, voices of unknown language could be heard. Some intelligible, others not. The survivors clutched their weapons as they were drawn into the blinding light, unaware of what they would witness next.

Take the high ground as you battle your way through the Aether in Revelations. Players must survive without the use of power (Corruption Generators). This means the only mode of transport are the jump pads and various tunnels hidden within the map. Good luck.

Rules:

• Power is NOT allowed.
  • Quick Revive is allowed.
  • All weapons are allowed to be used.
  • Gobblegums are NOT allowed.
  • Keeper Protector is NOT allowed.
  • The furthest wave reached without wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials April 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end April 9th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

Powerless on a map like revelations with no shield, pap, ggs, or perks, makes this a shitshow mission. Getting the jug/Viking helmet will be a difficult task already, but without getting lucky AF with the free perk bottle and the mystery box also, you won't last long at all. 

With jug n the thundergun it's a cakewalk past the second panzer drop. 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, mralways1 said:

Powerless on a map like revelations with no shield, pap, ggs, or perks, makes this a shitshow mission. Getting the jug/Viking helmet will be a difficult task already, but without getting lucky AF with the free perk bottle and the mystery box also, you won't last long at all. 

You won't be able to access Juggernog because it requires you access a Corruption Turret to open the way to Nacht, which you can't.

If you get it from the free perk, then good fucking luck. :glasses:

7 hours ago, mralways1 said:

You got to 18 on Moon but complain about this challenge? There are some fantastic training spots in Revelations. The panzer will be the only real obstacle. 

Can't wait for whatever these Olympics are! :-)

I submitted an entry into this months challenges, but my name does not appear in either scoring page. Is this because of my (previously stated) limited access to maps/games, or did I mess something else up along the way?

If you guys are interested, I do weekly zombie challenges on my YT channel every Mon-Wed. - ruskinhood.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, ruskinhood said:

I submitted an entry into this months challenges, but my name does not appear in either scoring page. Is this because of my (previously stated) limited access to maps/games, or did I mess something else up along the way?

If you guys are interested, I do weekly zombie challenges on my YT channel every Mon-Wed. - ruskinhood.

This month as in April or March?

4 hours ago, ruskinhood said:

4 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

This month as in April or March?

It is there for April

Capture.JPG

So I gotta ask, but what is the "Zombie Olympics?" I tried searching for any info on it and could not find anything, ( I prolly missed it haha ) but is it like an end of the year HUGE challenge?! any info would be great! thanks in advance! also the challenge right now is becoming tougher than I imagined!

• Administrators
5 hours ago, sushine1 said:

So I gotta ask, but what is the "Zombie Olympics?" I tried searching for any info on it and could not find anything, ( I prolly missed it haha ) but is it like an end of the year HUGE challenge?! any info would be great! thanks in advance! also the challenge right now is becoming tougher than I imagined!

Only the greatest annual Tournament of Zombies history my friend! Last time we did it, we had nearly 80 competitors involved, and our boy @mralways1 was 1 of 2 Olympic Champions. This year we are doing it much different, because the Olympics required our committee to monitor SO many matches, and with time zones, it became a real hassle.

That's why this year's Olympics will have about 6 clinched leaders who are reserved a spot in the Olympics as a bye week. Then you have around 10 runner ups who will fight to remain in the Olympics during the initial 1st Round. Then there are the Wildcards, who can secure a place in the Olympics if there are openings/they defeat a runner up.

I'll make sure that there is a perfect number of contestants in the Olympics to ensure that everyone who is a clinched leader and runner up gets their spot in the tournament. Examples of perfect numbers would be perfect squares (4, 16, 36, etc.); however, I am aware that we may have one of our leaders missing and that some runner ups have already been runner ups in the past/leaders, so that means we may even open up a Pre-Judging challenge open for the public to test their mettle.

In a nutshell:

• Leaders a.k.a. "Champions" are those who win their month's tournament and get a spot reserved in the Olympics no matter what. They may be involved in the 1st challenge, or might have a bye week and start slaying in the 2nd challenge. Just like any other sport, the overall leader of a division can sit out the first playoff game so they can get well-rested/practice since they already proved their worth.
  • Runner Ups are players who finished in 2nd or 3rd place in a given month. More than often, these Runner Ups continue through each month, trying to become a Champion. Because of this, you might see the same runner-up in every single month which means we have to seriously organize the Olympic brackets to allow/deny people.
  • Wildcards are the 4th place players. While they may have a chance to enter into the Olympics, their success really depends on the fate of others. If the number of contestants int he Olympics doesn't match to a perfect square is previously mentioned, a Wildcard has a higher chance of getting in. If a slayer drops from the Olympics for whatever reason, the strongest Wildcard may take their place.

We didn't have this setup last year; we just did a Single Elimination out of 80 people and it dropped down to like 4 people in the final round (due to many players not showing up to their challenges or simply dropping out early in advance). That's why the Ancient Trials is a long-term tournament - if you know you're headed to the Olympics, you're more determined to actually show up and potentially win.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, andydabeast said:

Sounds great! The OP says 8 months of trials, so does that mean Olympics are September or October?

When I originally planned the Ancient Trials, I was dead-set on having the Olympics around that timeframe. But I realize that we have slayers who still attend school of some kind, a problem we previously had before. To accommodate everyone, I feel now that having it in July/August is ideal because it's summer vacation.

Plus, it will keep players from being burnt out on challenges if we shorten the timeframe. Do it like a train at full speed, y'know?

5 hours ago, RequixEclipse said:

Can I sign up?

This month's registration is already closed; however, next month's will be open in 3 weeks! :smile:

39 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

This month's registration is already closed; however, next month's will be open in 3 weeks! :smile:

I BE THERE.IMG_0992.GIF

• Administrators
4 hours ago, andydabeast said:

@InfestLithium can you ban this noob?

Dude has been banished to the Shadow Realm.

The timeline has been altered.

cdd3cb7cfb56b28dc557de2b97725a31.png

In a wild adventure into the unknown, WAK_Fury and  @xlimeTigerx compete for the lead, with a ground-breaking Round 29 submission! @sushine1 comes right around the corner with Round 20, and @andydabeast trailing right behind with Round 18! Our boy ruskinhood  barely treks through with Round 14.

Challenge #2: Ethereal Limit

Mode: Limited

Map: Gorod Krovi

Type: Solo

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

Fend against the undead and remnants of Group 935 on the battlefield of Stalingrad. Players must survive with a limited arsenal, even with the fiery beasts above...

Rules:

• Quick Revive is allowed.
  • Only wall weapons are allowed.
  • Gobblegums are NOT allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punch is NOT allowed.
  • Traps are allowed.
  • Extra melee weapons, Gauntlet of Siegfried NOT allowed.
  • Secrets masks/helmets are OK.
  • The furthest wave reached wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials April 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end April 16th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

Archived