The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

40 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

Complete assimilation of this dimension has been achieved.

f10e8c7b809f755d9e1ebdc340fbc067.png

Surprisingly, only a few slayers decided to do Challenge #4, and it yielded a big turnaround! Despite the harrowing destruction that the Apothicons have put the slayers through, @mralways1 claims the crown as the February 2017 Champion! Way to go friendo!

Trailing in 2nd place, @KINGXXOFXXCOD pulled through with 49 total points for the challenge. Can he claim next month's crown though?

In 3rd, @andydabeast refuses to remain the wildcard as he yanks the 3rd place spot.

As this month's wildcard, @RJP219 clings on for dear life! Let's see if he can make a comeback next month.

In TRUE 2nd place, @Neanesis lets the other slayers know how to slay with a total of 50 points. If had gotten 1st place again, a juicy Divinium boost would've went his way - next time, bud!

Challenge Results:

1. @mralways1 - Round 20
  2. @andydabeast - Round 10

The next challenge will be posted Monday, once registration has officially closed for the month of March. It appears that a new rag-tag crew will come in to save the day...

True results HERE   :wink:  I cling to life!  @mralways1 I would love to know what perks you got from killing george and where you trained. Great job!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, andydabeast said:

True results HERE   :wink:  I cling to life!  @mralways1 I would love to know what perks you got from killing george and where you trained. Great job!

Ran in spawn and camped on the top floor of the boat with the power door closed. Kinda jumped around back and forth. I had the ideal perk set up, but went down on rd15 and lost it all. IMG_0406.PNG Managed to survive a few more rounds after that. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, ruskinhood said:

Would love to participate again - But between constant rule changes and jumping from not only map to map, not only game to game.. console to console... there is no reasonable way for me to have the ability to capture video for these challenges :-/

You should consider getting it on PC! That way, gaining access to DLCs is easier!

6 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

You should consider getting it on PC! That way, gaining access to DLCs is easier!

Although capturing is easier on PC, the really unfortunate thing is that Activision does not scale DLC prices with the base game price on Steam (like xbox market but on PC). BO1 came out in SEVEN YEARS AGO and the base game is still $40 and each DLC pack is full $15 price. It is absurd. You can wait for a sale or bundle but it is not as cheap as it needs to be. I have it all because I have played it all when it came out and it is fantastic to do everything on one machine. 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42719/?snr=1_5_9__405

27 minutes ago, Dragons hell 92 said:

Sorry to sound like a noob but only just joined and was wondering how do I participate in these challenges?

The week before each month the signup starts for the next month. Then you need to be able to record your gameplay as proof. The OP explains a lot. You can play the challenges and see how your scores compare if you missed the signup. The challenge could be from any Treyarch Zombies maps. I came in third last month and my recordings are on my youtube.

16 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Finding  pc that can play, record and stream games at max graphics settings is an investment of thousands of dollars. I can't justify spending thousands of dollars to buy games I already own - or - that have been out for a decade and I still haven't purchased. I would LOVE to play custom zombies. Be it WaW or BO3. Again though, spending thousands for a single game? CoD has never been my favorite game by any means anyway, so... Logic would never let me make such irrational decisions. 

• Administrators

Challenge #1: Cosmodrome

Mode: Blitzkrieg

Map: Ascension

Type: Solo

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: N/A

Time Limit: 20:00 minutes

Description: 

Before the final strike could be made by the Shadow Man, a bright light pierced the sky, sending shockwaves throughout this twisted dimension. A vortex, similar to the one the Apothicons came through, appeared with the air suddenly whooshing into it...as if it were sucking up everything in this realm. The survivors were yanked of the ground into the vortex, watching the Shadow Man glide up in attempt to stop them before reaching deep into the portal. 

First, there was silence. And then, nothingness. A voice, after a few seconds, rang out:

"A little late, but better than never I suppose. Now let's just see if we have the right ones this time."

In the void of nothingness, our survivors are whisked away into a desolated, yet familiar Russian cosmodrome. They wondered their reasoning for being here and what happened previously as the screams of the undead began to increase in volume through the hallways.

Rules:

• All weapons are accessible.
  • Power is allowed.
  • All perks, including Wuick Revive, are allowed.
  • The furthest wave reached by the 20 minute mark wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials February 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end March 11th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

13 hours ago, ruskinhood said:

Finding  pc that can play, record and stream games at max graphics settings is an investment of thousands of dollars. I can't justify spending thousands of dollars to buy games I already own - or - that have been out for a decade and I still haven't purchased. I would LOVE to play custom zombies. Be it WaW or BO3. Again though, spending thousands for a single game? CoD has never been my favorite game by any means anyway, so... Logic would never let me make such irrational decisions. 

Yes, It is an investment if you do not already have a PC. You would only have to buy the maps you ether don't have or can't record on console. You would not need a crazy PC, to play in 1080p at near maximum quality you would not have to spend more than $600 or $700 on the computer. If anyone wants help building one I could help.

3 hours ago, andydabeast said:

Yes, It is an investment if you do not already have a PC. You would only have to buy the maps you ether don't have or can't record on console. You would not need a crazy PC, to play in 1080p at near maximum quality you would not have to spend more than $600 or $700 on the computer. If anyone wants help building one I could help.

These issues are with PlayStation consoles right? Can't recall having any hiccups with my Xbox One

• Administrators
On 3/5/2017 at 3:25 PM, Neanesis said:

sorry about this trial, i didn't have time to do it and i will not being able to do the March trial as well... I thank you all for the fun i had to play with you and hope for a come back when i can ;) 
good bye slayers ! have fun !!

Good luck in your endeavors, friendo! Stay safe out there - we still have your Zombie Olympics spot right here in August. Just remember to come on home, mmkay? :smile:

38 minutes ago, sushine1 said:

question for the group! so lets just pretend that we had to play der reise, would it matter if we played world at war der reise, or black ops 1 der reise?? or would it specify which one to do?!

We have not had that situation yet. I assume he would specify because it is different between the games. For the example of Der Riese it would probably be BO3 The Giant. 

For consoles, are WaW and BO1 on the same or different generations? Even at full price the $15 map pack in BO1 that contains all those maps is kinda a no brainer for zombies fans and would be cheaper than buying WaW

I do miss WaW weapons sometimes...

9 minutes ago, andydabeast said:

We have not had that situation yet. I assume he would specify because it is different between the games. For the example of Der Riese it would probably be BO3 The Giant. 

For consoles, are WaW and BO1 on the same or different generations? Even at full price the $15 map pack in BO1 that contains all those maps is kinda a no brainer for zombies fans and would be cheaper than buying WaW

I do miss WaW weapons sometimes...

I agree 100% which is why i downloaded the world at war map pack! haha. there isnt really a difference between WaW and BO1 maybe except the guns. there a bit better than WaW i think!

2 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

:smile48: Will be checking results and posting up the next challenge in a few hours! We had a few competitors (not all oddly enough), so let's see how close the competition was

For me the round ended one second before the buzzer, so depending on how you interpret that will determine my score. The current round was completed but the next one had not started. I also started my timer once the first wave started, not while I was flying down on the lander. 

• Administrators

You did the right thing.

780422b91ecb8539630e39700ea8e744.png

@mralways1 barely takes the lead with his longer Round 17, but the results are still close!

Challenge #2: Night of the Dead

Mode: Russian Roulette

Map: Nacht der Untoten

Type: Solo

Power: N/A

Gobblegums: N/A

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

In a brilliant flash, our group of survivors found themselves standing in a dimly lit house, wooden floors and window sills. Off to the right near a window stood a a figure in a white coat looking outside. He turned halfways around, eyeing the visitors out the corner from his side.

"Sorry for the rough introduction - I am still unfamiliar to all of this myself."

"Especially during now, we better not," a voice emitted from behind them. The survivors turned to see a trio of three built men - one American marine strapped to the bone with knife holsters, a Russian soldier with the most fearsome beard ever seen, and an eagle-eyed Japanese man with a sword attached to his hilt.

"Eh, I believe we are missing the German."

"We got other fish to fry, Nikolai. It was no easy task getting out of that mountain."

The older gentleman, who was facing the window, turned directly to the survivors.

"Take these leftovers with you - see if they can help you locate Richtofen. He hasn't been answering to me and I cannot track his coordinates."

The American grabbed his rifle off his back and took the safety off, giving a steady yet unapproving look to the rag tag crew. "Hope you're all prepared to be lunch...maybe. Or at least try not to be, whatever happens really."

Return back where it all started to find unknown answers in the abandoned outpost. With limited weaponry of this dimension, survivors must survive with what they are given.

Rules:

• Only wall weapons are allowed.
  • Mule Kick is NOT allowed.
  • Mystery Box is NOT allowed.
  • The furthest wave survived with the restricted weapon(s) wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials March 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end March 18th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

Archived