The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried at the weekend 3 times... i'm not satisfied at all with the results...

Will try to get time this week to get a serious game...should be possible

And just a reminder  -don't forget to sign in:

How to Enter

To enter, please message @InfestLithium titled "##### Trials" along with the following information. If you do not send your information, there's no way for the Keepers to know who their ancient warrior is!

Also, make sure that the game you wish to submit as your challenge entry is saved in your Theater collection, titled "Trial #X", where X will the the number associated with the trial.

Gamertag:

Console:

Twitter handle (if applicable):

Or on ps4 record it per livestream and submit the link

Edit: i submitted my game.. for recording: check your livestream quality - my game was lagging while playing because of that - maybe streaming in lower quality helps ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

First of all, great job to everyone who participated! This was most definitely not an easy challenge to do, despite it being on a fairly easy map. But at the end of the day, we got our winner...

Congratulations to @DaveLo07 on reaching the record of Round 22 on Trial #2! @jiipee95 @Doctor Richtofen @Nieno69 y'all put some real hustle into this bi-weekly challenge - those stock Gobblegums really come in handy though!

To all friendos who want to participate in upcoming trials: all you gotta do is submit the form listed at the beginning of this thread to me, @InfestLithium and once you do that, reply with the final gameplay footage of the Trial. Just as Dave did, you can stream the game Live via Twitch, and just have the stream session saved as a video for me to view. Or, you can use a potato...just as long as I can see the game fairly clearly. :tongue:

Big Announcement

After much discussion with @NaBrZHunter, we have decided to combine the CoDz Community Tournaments & Ancient Trials to create one full-length and ongoing tournament! The co-op division tournament will be hosted by Nabz, and the solo tournament will be hosted by yours truly. That means every bi-week, there will be on co-op and one solo tournament a.k.a. two champions! This will allow for more room to do more challenges, more prizes, and most importantly, MORE UNDEAD!

With this conjunction, that means you only need to "register" yourself in a tournament once and decide if you'd like to do the solo, co-op, or dual tournaments. Easy as pie, and the challenges only get more difficult!

5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

First of all, great job to everyone who participated! This was most definitely not an easy challenge to do, despite it being on a fairly easy map. But at the end of the day, we got our winner...

Congratulations to @DaveLo07 on reaching the record of Round 22 on Trial #2! @jiipee95 @Doctor Richtofen @Nieno69 y'all put some real hustle into this bi-weekly challenge - those stock Gobblegums really come in handy though!

To all friendos who want to participate in upcoming trials: all you gotta do is submit the form listed at the beginning of this thread to me, @InfestLithium and once you do that, reply with the final gameplay footage of the Trial. Just as Dave did, you can stream the game Live via Twitch, and just have the stream session saved as a video for me to view. Or, you can use a potato...just as long as I can see the game fairly clearly. :tongue:

Big Announcement

After much discussion with @NaBrZHunter, we have decided to combine the CoDz Community Tournaments & Ancient Trials to create one full-length and ongoing tournament! The co-op division tournament will be hosted by Nabz, and the solo tournament will be hosted by yours truly. That means every bi-week, there will be on co-op and one solo tournament a.k.a. two champions! This will allow for more room to do more challenges, more prizes, and most importantly, MORE UNDEAD!

With this conjunction, that means you only need to "register" yourself in a tournament once and decide if you'd like to do the solo, co-op, or dual tournaments. Easy as pie, and the challenges only get more difficult!

Excellent, looking forward to the next one.

Congrats @DaveLo07

@InfestLithium, @Doctor Richtofen, @jiippee95 Thanks! I wasn't sure initially whether the strategy was even legit, I'd be interested to see if the same applies when power is turned on, and you can in fact stop the thrashers spawning just by managing active spores. 

Theatre mode rarely seems to record any of my games, so I essentially use Twitch as theatre mode, it is rare that I play zombies without streaming now as it is so easy to use and I like being able to check back over footage if I think I notice anything of interest in game.

@jiippee95 I think this challenge was easier than the first one, especially the way I ran it. It would have taken a miracle to get past round 12 with the Sheiva against a Panzer in such a tight space, I doubt anyone got much further than you did, I know I didn't!

2 hours ago, DaveLo07 said:

@jiippee95 I think this challenge was easier than the first one, especially the way I ran it. It would have taken a miracle to get past round 12 with the Sheiva against a Panzer in such a tight space, I doubt anyone got much further than you did, I know I didn't!

I agree but my submission for the shieva trial was round 7... :D I got to round 10 on one of my goes, but didn't record it :/ And yeah this was easier, but still I was suprised how hard it actually was.

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

We're back, and better than ever. Introducing our newest upcoming feature at the start of 2017, the Arena.

The Arena will be an online coliseum designed for slayers from all universes to compete against one another. With the integration of the Keeper Trials, challenges will be held either weekly or bi-weekly in the span of one full "season" (8 months). Players who prove themselves to be among the best of the best will be selected to compete in our famous Zombie Olympics.

How It Works

Every month will include its own tournament bracket, with 4 rounds pertaining to 4 weeks in a given month. The overall winners of the monthly tournaments automatically advance into the Olympics, as they have "clinched" their division. Imagine it just as a regular sports season if you will.

After the season has finished (which will be around the end of August), the Zombie Olympics will be underway in which 32 overall winners will compete to the death to prove their dominance in the Aether. This isn't any vague woo-ooo-oo tournament...we're talking about the big show. The Olympics will be live broadcasted on the CoDz Twitch page for the world to see, along with a special large grand prize for the champion of the realm.

*Note: It is possible that a wildcard may advance into the Olympics if a clinched player does not appear in time for the final tournament. In that event, more information will be disclosed on how to advance.

The match system in all tournaments is Swiss style - meaning there is no elimination if you lose a match. Your score is recorded as a W/L ratio against everyone in the month.  The objective is to hold more wins against all your fellow slayers...so get used to making frenemies.

Prizes & Rewards

What good tournament/challenge doesn't have some form of reward system? As part of the CoDz initiative, the Ancient ones have graciously decided to give tournament leaders prizes for their hard-earned wins leading up to the Zombie Olympics, which may include (but are not limited to):

• click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_146503056368250 Divinium per overall tournament win ( click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_146503056368100 and click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14650305636850 for 2nd and 3rd place respectively)
  • Xbox / Playstation / Steam gift cards
  • Exclusive Zombies merch not available in the Divinium Factory
  • Special forum medal showcasing you're a winner of the Keeper Trials
  • [REDACTED] for winning the Zombie Olympics
  • ...and much much more!

Registration

Rather than text-submitting your application, we will now utilize Challonge - a tournament platform designed with the gamer's interests in mind. All challenges within the Ancient Trials, including the Zombie Olympics (as well as other monthly tournaments), will be held on Challonge and require signing up...but don't worry: it's easy and free to register.

Click here to sign up for the Ancient Trials

Once you've registered, your stats will be recorded against other slayers in a race to win special prizes from challenges and tournaments, including Divinium, gift cards, free Zombies memorabilia, and much much more! What is there to lose other than your soul?

Tournament Specifics

Before you jump into your first (or next) challenge/tournament, there are a few things you should know about the Arena. Unlike most match systems, our competition setup scores in real-time, which means you can see who moves up in the ranks, whose group takes the lead, and where each slayer stands in the entire challenge. Now that’s what we call omnipotent.

Alongside the new battling experience, we’ve also included new modes of challenges with fan-favorites such as:

• Blitzkrieg (new!)
  • Starting Room
  • Russian Roulette (new!)
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Hunted (new!)
  • Powerless
  • …and many more!

An example of the live broadcast of a typical challenge would be as shown below:

http://challonge.com/codz_holiday_blitzkrieg

By registering for the Ancient Trials now on Challonge, you are taking your first step to securing a better tomorrow...even if there are still a few days before the new year comes.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, mralways1 said:

i didn't hear/see anything about the last one, but i'm penciled in 2017!

Sent from my iPhone using Call of Duty Zombies mobile app

We actually had a really fun CoDz tournament a few months ago, led by @Covert Gunman and @NaBrZHunter. It was amazingly fun and we tested the abilities of the live streaming via Xbox Twitch (which worked amazingly)!

Considering that you were the 1st Olympic Champion, think you can hold that title once more? :tounge_wink:

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Ahahah, lets fight for the ultimate power, ja? But one question: How to earn points? Are it the kills, headshots, revives, deaths or rounds survived?

Good question!

While the tournament will be documented by wins, each challenge within the bracket system will have points based on whatever mode is being competed in. For example, if the 1st challenge of the January tournament is a Starting Room Challenge, the rounds survived will be considered "the points". If it's Team Deathmatch, it will be kills. Those points will show in the bracket; whoever has the most "points" of a given challenge receives a W for their division.

For a more direct example of it, here's a plausible scenario:

Person A, B, C, and D are in a tournament. The challenge is a round-based mode.

Person A reaches Round 7.

Person B reaches Round 12.

Person C reaches Round 3.

Person D reaches Round 10.

Points wise, this means Person A has 7 pts, Person B 12 pts, etc etc. Now, here is where Challonge gets wonky: it has a points column that is relative to the W/L ratio, NOT the same as the points we define in the challenge itself. So on the leaderboard, it'll look like this:

1) Person B 1-0-0

2) Person D 0-0-1

3) Person A 0-0-1

4) Person C 0-0-1

*Note: This is for Round 1 aka Week 1. Round 2 (Week 2) will have an additional win or loss to each person obviously.

Because we are using a Swiss system, depending on the # of players in a given challenge (which we will try our best to always have an even # since odd number of players is bad for pairing reasons), you will always have an opponent to go against. Ideally, we'd like to have every player go up against every other slayer in a given tournament. Of course, this'll be pretty difficult if we don't have the correct number of players.

11 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Considering that you were the 1st Olympic Champion, think you can hold that title once more? :tounge_wink:

If i would happen to suck this time, we can call that first one a "participation trophy".
Is there a link to the one that i missed? i wanna take a peek at what adjustments where made from the Olympics prior.

Nevermind that, i see that it's in this thread. ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SecktoR said:

I still don't get this,  it saids rankings will update on their own, but will the scoring be kept if everyone uses a different system

Yes, the console should not impact the scores whatsoever. Everyone is adhering to the same rules anyways.

Archived