The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Administrators

July 1-8: No Power, No Problem [Trial #2]

Think you could muster a no-power challenge that easily? The Ancients don't think so. This week's challenge takes place on Zetsubou no Shima and involves pure survival, minus the use of power. How long can you hold out before the undead overcomes your ability to survive?

Rules

• 1-player match only.
  • Highest round in one match wins.
  • Any weapon is allowed, from wall weapons to pod weapons to Mystery Box weapons.
  • Standard Gobblegums are allowed (no Megas).
  • Use of water buckets is not allowed.
  • Quick Revive is also not allowed for Solo purposes.
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
7 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

Pods in general allowed? But with no qr allowed no clone plant allowed right? But what about perks from plants? 

Yes, pods are allowed. Perks from plants are fine since it's not all-that easy to get them, especially since you'd need the Purple Water from the base anyways to get the perks (which would require power, so technically it's impossible for this challenge).

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, DaveLo07 said:

Was going to ask the same question as @Nieno69. Technically perks would still be possible for this challenge, if they are allowed. You can get purple water in the bucket at spawn, so would be able to grow a fruit plant if that was the case.

Oh really? I thought the purple water was actually only available down below in the sewer area.

In that case, this challenge will not allow the use of water buckets whatsoever.

Round 17. 

Thought of doing the starting room thing, but the sheiva didn't satisfy me all that much. 

Went out for the gun outside lab b... I don't even know what it's called, hahaha. 

Once again, not uploading any pictures or taking part of the challenge officially. 

Just curious to see what you folks make of this. 

If I were on a PS3 how would I go on about doing this? Like how would I live stream it? Maybe I could just take a pic of the power switch on the round I wana quit? Last gen hasn't had zns yet but they have der and the giant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

What's the prize for this challenge? I'd do this all week if it was a prize I wanted lol. I like ZBS more than most people :tounge_xd:

edit this was not Nieno69.... is this problem being worked on?

I think the prize is liquid divinium like in the first trial. Oh and also glory ;)

3 minutes ago, Nieno69 said:

What's the prize for this challenge? I'd do this all week if it was a prize I wanted lol. I like ZBS more than most people :tounge_xd:

edit this was not Nieno69.... is this problem being worked on?

this was my post, i cleared cache and cookies. 

• Administrators

Any form of recording works perfectly to be honest. It could even be with a potato, and it'd still be acceptable.

This week's reward is also DV. Once we get the ball really rolling with the challenges, I'll activate some power ups and perhaps a few gift cards here and there.

Managed to get to 20, but I was using weapons from the box and monkey bombs. Not sure whether that is allowed or not?

Wasn't aware how buggy this map is. Was camping for the most part by lab b, and did not have a thrasher spawn until I had to train. Does taking out the spores stop thrashers spawning completely or should they spawn at certain intervals regardless? I always thought they spawned every few rounds, as well as the ones from the spores. 

19 minutes ago, DaveLo07 said:

Managed to get to 20, but I was using weapons from the box and monkey bombs. Not sure whether that is allowed or not?

Wasn't aware how buggy this map is. Was camping for the most part by lab b, and did not have a thrasher spawn until I had to train. Does taking out the spores stop thrashers spawning completely or should they spawn at certain intervals regardless? I always thought they spawned every few rounds, as well as the ones from the spores. 

Rules

1-player match only.
Highest round in one match wins.
Any weapon is allowed, from wall weapons to pod weapons.
Standard Gobblegums are allowed (no Megas).
Use of water buckets is not allowed.
Quick Revive is also not allowed for Solo purposes.

:P

5 minutes ago, Doctor Richtofen said:

Rules

Any weapon is allowed, from wall weapons to pod weapons.

@Doctor Richtofen I had seen the rules, but this is still not clear, at least to me. I would guess no mystery box as it is not mentioned, but any weapon is allowed,  suggests the box would be fair game. I'm not trying to be a pain in the arse about it, but the clearer the rules are, the more people are likely to participate. I'm still not sure what the rules are on the box, as it is not mentioned. 

5 minutes ago, DaveLo07 said:

@Doctor Richtofen I had seen the rules, but this is still not clear, at least to me. I would guess no mystery box as it is not mentioned, but any weapon is allowed,  suggests the box would be fair game. I'm not trying to be a pain in the arse about it, but the clearer the rules are, the more people are likely to participate. I'm still not sure what the rules are on the box, as it is not mentioned. 

Thats how loop holes are born :D

• Administrators

Box weapons are allowed. I thought being a bit broad with something like "you can use from _____ to _____" would indicate what's allowed, but with rules, I can see why being very specific is important.

Mystery Box is allowed for this challenge, though. I'll update that in the rules. :smile:

@Infestlithium Thanks for clearing that up. It might be worth listing the limitations (items that cant be used) as a result of the rules for anyone reading it for the first time, so it is easier to see what is available. For example:

No Perks

No Pack-a-Punch

No Shield

No Gas mask

No Kt-4

No Skull of Nan Sapwe

Now I just need to figure out if clearing al spores will completely stop thrashers spawning, or if my strategy is causing some sort of exploit!

2 hours ago, KlowniiN- said:

ok so i found a really shitty way to record. i have my iphone set up in a poptart box as a tripod and its sending a video to my computer. i can livestream my computers screen. would that work?

Just remember...

Please wear clothes because the screen might reflect you :)

Also just had a run on ZNS with no restrictions just to get a bit more familiar with the map since it's been a while since I played it :) Me and my brother failed on round 12 cause trashers trolled us in the spider boss :D

Gonna try the trial tomorrow when I'm less drunk (hopefully)

For anyone interested, thrashers do not spawn in at certain rounds. Removing all spores from open areas of the map will stop any thrashers from spawning in, regardless of where you train/camp. If a thrasher spawns from the ground, it initially spawned from a spore. As long as you shoot all spores where zombies path/spawn in the area you are running (without a zombie running through it), you will not have to deal with them. 

Archived