The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Administrators

“For thousands of years, the Ancients protected the physical and ethereal realms among universes, suppressing the darkness known as the Apothicans. Their supernatural powers aided fellow mankind in fending off the interdimensional creatures, and thus, the strongest of warriors were gifted with some of their ancient power.

But not all were suited for these abilities. The Ancients crafted dangerous and decisive challenges to weed out the weak from the strong in order to preserve balance of all realms. Since the fall of Primis, those ancient challenges were locked away within the deep recess of the ethereal realm, thought to be forgotten.

Until now.”

e6tw0o.jpg

The Arena will be an online coliseum designed for slayers from all universes to compete against one another. With the integration of the Keeper Trials, codenamed "The Ancient Trials", challenges will be held either weekly or bi-weekly in the span of one full "season" (8 months). Players who prove themselves to be among the best of the best will be selected to compete in our famous Zombies Olympics.

Ancient Trials Champions

Current Challenge

This dimension has been restored.

d2857d404fb289d78727cd1a2eee97f6.png

The universe gets settled back into motion, as we have @TXMR reign June Champion! Right behind, we got previous champ @andydabeast roll in close with 9 tournament points. In a wild 3-way tie, @RequixEclipse barely scoots past in 3rd place with @sushine1 and YaBoyKnife sharing the wildcard placement. Congratulations, friendos!

How It Works

Every month will include its own tournament bracket, with 4 rounds pertaining to 4 weeks in a given month. The overall winners of the monthly tournaments automatically advance into the Olympics, as they have "clinched" their division. Imagine it just as a regular sports season if you will.

After the season has finished (which will be around the end of August), the Zombie Olympics will be underway in which 32 overall winners will compete to the death to prove their dominance in the Aether. This isn't any vague woo-ooo-oo tournament...we're talking about the big show. The Olympics will be live broadcasted on the CoDz Twitch page for the world to see, along with a special large grand prize for the champion of the realm.

*Note: It is possible that a wildcard may advance into the Olympics if a clinched player does not appear in time for the final tournament. In that event, more information will be disclosed on how to advance.

The match system in all tournaments is Swiss style - meaning there is no elimination if you lose a match. Your score is recorded as a W/L ratio against everyone in the month.  The objective is to hold more wins against all your fellow slayers...so get used to making frenemies.

Prizes & Rewards

What good tournament/challenge doesn't have some form of reward system? As part of the CoDz initiative, the Ancient ones have graciously decided to give tournament leaders prizes for their hard-earned wins leading up to the Zombie Olympics, which may include (but are not limited to):

• click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_146503056368250 Divinium per overall tournament win
  • Xbox / Playstation / Steam gift cards
  • Exclusive Zombies merch not available in the Divinium Factory
  • Special forum medal showcasing you're a winner of the Keeper Trials
  • [REDACTED] for winning the Zombie Olympics
  • ...and much much more!

For more information regarding how Divinium works within CoDz, click here.

Registration

Rather than text-submitting your application, we will now utilize Challonge - a tournament platform designed with the gamer's interests in mind. All challenges within the Ancient Trials, including the Zombie Olympics (as well as other monthly tournaments), will be held on Challonge and require signing up...but don't worry: it's easy and free to register.

Click here to sign up for the Ancient Trials

Once you've registered, your stats will be recorded against other slayers in a race to win special prizes from challenges and tournaments, including Divinium, gift cards, free Zombies memorabilia, and much much more! What is there to lose other than your soul?

Tournament Specifics

As of right now, the tournament (and this challenge) has begun. To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

Scoring System

Welcome to Merciless Mode, where the scoring of each challenge is vastly different compared to the previous months. In Merciless Mode, players are ranked against one another instead of round variance. This means the top slayer of a challenge will receive a score of 4, the 2nd top slayer a score of 3, so on and so forth. This is to test the true mettle of each slayer instead of allowing one slayer to dominate a challenge and then still win the month despite a poor performance in other challenges.

Here is an example:

• Player A (R14) - 4pts
  • Player C (R11) - 3pts
  • Player D (R6) - 2pts
  • Player B (R5) - 1pt

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials February 2017 Tournament

Ancient Trials January 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Before you jump into your first (or next) challenge/tournament, there are a few things you should know about the Arena. Unlike most match systems, our competition setup scores in real-time, which means you can see who moves up in the ranks, whose group takes the lead, and where each slayer stands in the entire challenge. Now that’s what we call omnipotent.

Alongside the new battling experience, we’ve also included new modes of challenges with fan-favorites such as:

• Blitzkrieg (new!)
  • Starting Room
  • Russian Roulette (new!)
  • Team Deathmatch
  • Hunted (new!)
  • Powerless
  • …and many more!

An example of the live broadcast of a typical challenge would be as shown below:

http://challonge.com/codz_holiday_blitzkrieg

Rules/Guidelines

As is with any universe, there are certain rules that every survivor must adhere to in order to ensure balance within each universe – the same follows for the Arena. Every rule must be complied with regardless of any challenge or tournament a player participates in. Failure to comply will result in tournament suspension, and possibly the heavier consequence of a permanent ban from the Arena. Gasp!

Registration

• All players must register within the Arena website in order to compete in any specific challenge. You may also register on Challonge as well, if you wish to receive instant updates on scores and tournament specifics.
  • Substitution from another competitor is prohibited during active challenges. For example, you cannot have another slayer play under your name while in the middle of a challenge.
  • Register with integrity. The worst thing you can do is sign up as someone else as a joke, only to have your winnings go to them.

Code of Conduct

• Bribing/begging/harassing another player or staff member is prohibited. (Bribing, really??)
  • All discussions – both in-game and on the site – are to be civilized. Profanity and smack talk is allowed with self-control.
  • Any form of cheating, whether glitching/hacking/modding/exploiting of any game mechanic where unintended within the game, is strictly prohibited and will result in an immediate casting into the Aether.
  • Extra rules will be supplied at the announcement of each challenge, and must be adhered to whereas not stated in these set of general guidelines.

Winnings

• Winners of specific challenges with grand prizes are permitted to one prize unless conditions state otherwise.
  • Players who are overall winners of a challenge and/or tournament must fulfill the required information correctly to ensure they receive their winnings.
  • Bartering with other players for prizes within the Arena is not allowed.
  • Any prize won will be delivered to the given email/address presented to the staff by the player. The Arena and CoDz staff is not responsible for any stolen/lost/damaged prizes upon reception.

By registering for the Ancient Trials now on Challonge, you are taking your first step to securing a better tomorrow...even if there are still a few days before the new year comes.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
14 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Will the trials only be for maps in BO3 or also for WaW, BO1 and BO2? And do you need some sort of evidence for your achievement, a picture of your stats or something?

For non-BO3 games, you will need video evidence of the entire match. With BO2, it has a theater mode so that works fine as well; however, a majority of evidence may require a capture card or a camera to film the whole game.

2 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

June 13-17: Shieva Trials [Trial #1]

This bi-week challenge is called the Shieva Trials. This competition involves the ol' fashioned starting room challenge, but using only the Shieva as your primary weapon in the Black Ops 3 map "Der Eisendrache". Get used to the peashooter, because that'll be your only savior for this challenge.

I'm guessing the highest round wins?

7 minutes ago, Koslans said:

There is a huge difference when playing with or without gumballs.

Too much of a difference. 

Yeah, I reckon take this into account and think about what gobblegums should and shouldn't be allowed. Perkaholic and the like are such huge game changers. Alternatively, maybe only allow Classic/Standard gobblegums so it's still a relatively level playing field.

This is a great idea! With lack of additional game modes, bo3 is already feeling stale and this will give me a reason to play regular zombies again.

Obviously it is your call when it comes to gobblegums, but they massively reduce the challenge and the easier route may be to not allow any to be used. Perkaholic, wall power, killing time, fear in headlights are going to make it very easy, and unbalanced for players that don't have those gumballs.

Also, is the reward from the 2nd gondola allowed to be used? 

7 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

Good call, friendos!

Only Standard Gobblegums are allowed (no Megas). 

2nd Gondola is not allowed, only because the Shieva is the only weapon that can be used.

Oh no, I got to round 28 and I used a mega gobble gum :23:

Time to start again lol

9 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Rules

• 1-player match only.
  • Highest round in one match wins.
  • Only the Shieva weapon is allowed to be purchased.
  • Standard Gobblegums are allowed (no Megas).
  • Starting room challenge; opening doors is prohibited.
  • Use of Mystery Box is prohibited.

I assume that the gondolas are allowed? And if they are allowed am I allowed to use a weapon I might get from the gondola? Is quick revive allowed for purchase?

edit: my bad :( I should read the thread more carefully...

@InfestLithium Are we allowed to use the monkey bombs from the second gondola? Also, if the Sheiva is the only weapon allowed, does this mean we cannot use the death machine power up? And can we use quick revive? Sorry for all the questions, just want to be clear on the rules before any attempt.

On 13-6-2016 at 6:59 PM, InfestLithium said:

2nd Gondola is not allowed, only because the Shieva is the only weapon that can be used.

Cymbal Monkeys!!!!!!! 

EDIT: Gave it another try and didn't break my old record. 

Round 12, no quick revive used, no gubblegums rolled. 
Well, at least I unlocked an attachment for the Sheiva. 

Well, at least I hope, probably some scope I'll never use, hahahah) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Congratulations to @jiipee95 for winning the first challenge of the Ancient Trials! Although he only reached Round 7 for the Shieva challenge, he was also the only one who submitted his game + challenge registration.

Your reward for winning AND being the first Ancient Trials champion is 300 DV - go wild, friendo!

For future note, friendos: you must register for a challenge in order to compete in it. That is the only way I can keep record of everyone who participated.

4 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

Congratulations to @jiipee95 for winning the first challenge of the Ancient Trials! Although he only reached Round 7 for the Shieva challenge, he was also the only one who submitted his game + challenge registration.

Your reward for winning AND being the first Ancient Trials champion is 300 DV - go wild, friendo!

For future note, friendos: you must register for a challenge in order to compete in it. That is the only way I can keep record of everyone who participated.

Yay! I actually got to round 10 on one of the tries but round 7 was the only one I uploaded as it was just a test how to upload :D

Hopefully we get more participants on the next challenge :)

Wow that is great -you should advertise this on twitter - i would love to compete in the upcoming challenges - the rules should be complete before starting the challenges (shieva only is clear no second gondola weaopons but what about the monkey bombs or just grenades or melee?) - but i like the fact about non mega gg (this means e.g. automatically no free gg ee)

The game could easy uploaded on youtube (just start a livestream -yt account needed) - youtube shows that it was a livestream and noone can upload a "manipulated" game - it should be the easiest way to control and submit the vids - the only thing i dont know is how you will controll all the vids... (e.g. only shieva gameplay if the vids are about one hour long??) Is there a way to control this in theater? 

Ideas for challenges -

#1: survive a dog round on a map (prefer de because in the giant the dogs are too slow)  in a certain room in a higher round as long as possible without killing dogs and without perks and shield -start the challenge by killing yourself with qr no gg etc.  

(Dont know if there are enough dogs in solo but in a 4 coop it can get really hard) 

#2: survive the skull challenges without a weaponshot - only knife (bowie and shield allowed no gg or perks) you can do the rituals whenever you want and setup before starting the next ritual (so e.g. round 1 you can start the first ritual and e.g. round 5 or 10 the ...maybe no certain winner so the same prize for everyone?)

#3: mid boss fight challenges - beat the spiderboss on zns as fast as possible with a certain weapon / setup

Edit 2: maybe a seperate thread would make it more interesting - not under "news" 

22 minutes ago, Doctor Richtofen said:

Looking forward to the next challenge, I'm going to open up a Youtube Account and Live Stream it from PS4, Xbox One sucks as it doesn't have that feature.

There is an xbox app for windows 10 that allows you to stream. 

Don't forget to turn on the 'allow streaming' option in the xbox preferences menu. 

1 minute ago, Koslans said:

There is an xbox app for windows 10 that allows you to stream. 

Don't forget to turn on the 'allow streaming' option in the xbox preferences menu. 

I know but the PS4 is easier and it uploads straight to Youtube.

Archived