The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I forgot that Monkeys can give you the perks...well as long as it's not Quick Revive I'll allow it.  It's no power so good luck trying to pull Juggernog those monkeys.

See how lucky some of you will get.

Monkeys gave me phd on rd2 and jug on rd6, then I picked up the ray gun on rd7. Then I get screwed on rd9 when the monkeys give me quick revive which meant GAMEOVER
On 2/5/2017 at 4:37 PM, InfestLithium said:

Correcto! Quick Revive is automatic stop to your score.

35 minutes ago, Neanesis said:

well if you have QR, you have to stop when you have your first down no ? 

I think Neanesis is right, regardless of if you have QR or not, your first down should end your game, not the act of acquiring QR. Having QR gives no advantage if you quit at first down. 

Those monkey perk drops, have recently become nothing but a big pile of shit for me. Reasons
1. It's not really simple and easy
2. There so randomly ridiculous, it's randomly ridiculous [emoji817]
3. There monkeys [emoji205]
4. Once they give 3 perks, max ammos sorta just disappear for some dumb reason
5. Im constantly hitting pause, then restart level, because those monkeys dropped a shit perk.
End rant.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Neanesis said:

well if you have QR, you have to stop when you have your first down no ? 

That could be a valid point. I just felt that it would discourage players from even trying to get around the system of obtaining perks in the first place (since it's technically meant to be a no perk challenge).

The odds of getting a perk bottle from a monkey are slim as it is, and @mralways1 mentioned how it feels to even try for that setup. That's why I allowed for the monkeys, but the risk is getting that Quick Revive means instant fail for the challenge. Double edged sword, for trying to find a loophole. :p

Just now, InfestLithium said:

That could be a valid point. I just felt that it would discourage players from even trying to get around the system of obtaining perks in the first place (since it's technically meant to be a no perk challenge).

The odds of getting a perk bottle from a monkey are slim as it is, and @mralways1 mentioned how it feels to even try for that setup. That's why I allowed for the monkeys, but the risk is getting that Quick Revive means instant fail for the challenge. Double edged sword, for trying to find a loophole. :p

I am fine with that, especially because some people already quit after getting QR, so this will keep the rules unchanged. 

17 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

If you haven't submitted your challenge video, make sure you do before the end of Saturday!

The faster we get those challenges in, the faster we can proceed, plus the Ancients might even help you slayers out with a power drop...maybe in the form of 2x Points. :tounge_wink:

Yea... I will submit mine tonight. Having lots of trouble with this map. I was never good at it to begin with. I have restarted a dozen times already. 

2 hours ago, Neanesis said:

i just saw that i'm not in the challong, but i remember doing my inscription^^' what can i do to change that ?

i am in but my name is not on the screen score^^'

Capture.PNG

PS: I HATE THIS MAP !!!! :P round 8 x(

Makes my score of round 8 feel much better ;-) Given your previous scores, I respect you as a player Neanesis. 

Prolly just a typo but when I submitted using the link in the post about this Shangra-la challenge it says "January submission"

Also, if anyone cares, I put all my challenges on my youtube channel. I am not a youtuber, so don't expect anything too fun to watch ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/user/jesus3man/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

• Administrators

And thus ends Challenge #1 for the month of February! After excruciating torment, the Apothicons have begun to see who the cream of the crop is in these leftover survivors.

5161a64ba57d24ce65bf0d9949660224.png

@mralways1 Has initiated the lead to escape the wrath of the Ancient Evil! But who will battle their way out of this nightmare to return back to the physical realm? It appears the Shadow Man has opened another vortex for his henchmen to come slithering in. But this time, it appears he has given the slayers The Mark. The curse has begun...

Challenge #2: Island of the Dead

Mode: Blitzkrieg

Map: Zetsubou no Shima

Type: Solo

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: No

Time Limit: 15:00 minutes

Description: 

Those Apothicons simply love the beauty that is the unending jungle. In a vain effort to wipe you from existence, the Shadow Man has cursed the survivors into Zetsubou no Shima with The Mark. Will our soldiers be able to stand against the might of the looming evil ahead?

Dive into the vast greenery of ZNS. With The Mark cursing the players, all slayers will have 15 minutes exactly to reach the furthest round possible before their time is...expired. This new mode called "Blitzkrieg" will test the endurance and speed of each slayer.

Rules:

• Power is allowed.
  • Quick Revive is allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punch is allowed.
  • Downs will not end the game, unless it is the final down (w/o Quick Revive).
  • All weapons (wall and Mystery Box) are okay.
  • The furthest round reached before the 15 minute mark wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials February 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end February 18th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Ancients guide you through the Aether!

18 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

And thus ends Challenge #1 for the month of February! After excruciating torment, the Apothicons have begun to see who the cream of the crop is in these leftover survivors.

@mralways1 Has initiated the lead to escape the wrath of the Ancient Evil! But who will battle their way out of this nightmare to return back to the physical realm? It appears the Shadow Man has opened another vortex for his henchmen to come slithering in. But this time, it appears he has given the slayers The Mark. The curse has begun...

Description: 

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end February 18th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

I had been meaning to play ZNS again so this will be great. The "who can get the most nukes" challenge haha jk

19 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Description: 

Nice! Just started the zombie Olympics, and couldn't get my ps3 working in time. ZnS should be a breeze, i'm guessing this is solo only?

Archived