The Ancient Trials 2017 Tournament

InfestLithium

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, overpoweredgamers said:

i just wasent sure because it says were on the 3rd challange was jus wondering if i play catch up if i can join

Look at my posts on page 4. He says signup for next month will be open in the last week. 

On 1/22/2017 at 4:42 PM, InfestLithium said:

And like a bullet train, Challenge #3 is now complete!

Challenge #4: No Man's Land

Mode: No Man's Land (UNIQUE)

Map: No Man's Land [Moon]

Type: Solo

Power: Yes

Gobblegums: N/A

Time Limit: N/A

Description: 

So when can we register for the rest of the tournament? I am excited to start recording in Feburary

• Administrators

Whoops, forgot to open up February': tournament! Should be done tomorrow for sure.

@Rissole25 We originally had 40+ people, but I believe only about 12-15 people did the first challenge. Most people sign up and then never return again for some reason, so this time we're limiting it to 16 players (to do elimination rounds).

Okay, so for this months tournament at first I was active and participated in the first few challenges. Then we had challenges for the first Black ops, which is on the Playstation 3 and I didn't have a capture card to record my gameplay, but I have one now. I stopped participating in the tournament for this month because I fell behind and couldn't record. I am wondering if I have to sign up for the next month or will I be on there because I was in the previous?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, KINGXXOFXXCOD said:

Okay, so for this months tournament at first I was active and participated in the first few challenges. Then we had challenges for the first Black ops, which is on the Playstation 3 and I didn't have a capture card to record my gameplay, but I have one now. I stopped participating in the tournament for this month because I fell behind and couldn't record. I am wondering if I have to sign up for the next month or will I be on there because I was in the previous?

Yes, you'd have to re-sign up for the next month's tournament, as contestants don't "roll over" into the next one.

• Administrators

As by the Ancients, the January Tournament has come to a conclusion. Our hero for this universe has been chosen...

f5ab3e01fa0f83cf01d0ee696ef58568.png

Congratulations to @Neanesis for battling through the toughest of crows to become the Champion of the January 2017 Ancient Trial! 

Per the regulations and process of the Ancient Trials, all Champions of the Ancient Trials are "clinched" and automatically hold a special reservation for the popular 2017 Zombie Olympics. While all winners are welcome to compete in upcoming tournaments, anyone not a Champion has a chance to clinch their month's tournament. Champions themselves are not allowed to win 1st place again - instead, should they top the scores of other slayers once more, they will receive an extra x 200 Divinium bonus.

2nd and 3rd place winners also are saved a seat in the Olympics as well as divisional winners; however, that seat can just as easily be taken away if they cannot clinch the other tournaments successfully. All Wildcards have the opportunity to duel against one another as second redemption in front of the Overlords to prove their ability to squeak into the Olympics.

Where we last left off:

Survivors of their universes continued to battle against one another for the glory of obtaining ultimate power over all dimensions from the Ancients. One managed to succeed and suddenly disappeared into a bright, yellow swirling vortex in the sky, but left their fellow comrades in the dust against the swarms of the undead. In a blink of an eye, every slayer was teleported into a new land they had not come across before...or to be correct, somewhere they did not recall. Meshes of worlds they once knew were combined together, forming apocalyptic wastelands and deserted battlefields.

This used to be their home. But as far as anyone could tell, it was nothing like they remembered it to be. In the middle of the field, stood a flag with an discernible symbol, shaped what could only be described as a claw.

The Apothicons. They had returned. 

Seeing this cursed banner, the slayers turned around to come face to face with a stranger - clothed in a dark formal suit, white scraggly beard, cane in hand, and topped with a black hat. The man, looking at the group of leftover survivors, smiled and raised his arms into the air. The sky darkened to a crimson red and suddenly a bright portal pierced the dark atmosphere. Strange creatures began to descend from the portal, and familiar screams from a distance were heard.

Would this be their demise?

The February Ancient Trials will commence, February 5th 2017 with the first challenge being posted on that day. This time around, contestants will be facing off in a limited match of 10 slayers. This means the list is tighter, and players will have to give their all to fight their way out of this wretched nightmare. The Ancients won't be here to save you/

Registration for this tournament is now open and available on the Challonge site: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/yjPGg6LHXX

As before, the Challonge brackets do not accurately reflect the scoreboard, which will be posted the same day the first challenge is announced. Players who do not sign up before the challenge date will not be allowed to entered the tournament - hence, the entire week is given as a grace period for signing up.

The Ancients (and Overlords) await your next move.

12 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

As by the Ancients, the January Tournament has come to a conclusion. Our hero for this universe has been chosen...

d8e09afb559aaad9137a7507808d98d3.png

Congratulations to @Strayhawk for battling through the toughest of crows to become the Champion of the January 2017 Ancient Trial! 

In 2nd place came @Neanesis, who for a long time held the crown up until the final challenge. Great work friendo!

In 3rd place, CoDz regular @Rissole25 held onto his Top 4 spot for dear life and proved his worth!

In 4th place, familiar face and previous Olympic champion @mralways1 scooted in as the Wildcard despite the odds!

Per the regulations and process of the Ancient Trials, all Champions of the Ancient Trials are "clinched" and automatically hold a special reservation for the popular 2017 Zombie Olympics. While all winners are welcome to compete in upcoming tournaments, anyone not a Champion has a chance to clinch their month's tournament. Champions themselves are not allowed to win 1st place again - instead, should they top the scores of other slayers once more, they will receive an extra x 200 Divinium bonus.

2nd and 3rd place winners also are saved a seat in the Olympics as well as divisional winners; however, that seat can just as easily be taken away if they cannot clinch the other tournaments successfully. All Wildcards have the opportunity to duel against one another as second redemption in front of the Overlords to prove their ability to squeak into the Olympics.

Where we last left off:

The February Ancient Trials will commence, February 5th 2017 with the first challenge being posted on that day. This time around, contestants will be facing off in a limited match of 10 slayers. This means the list is tighter, and players will have to give their all to fight their way out of this wretched nightmare. The Ancients won't be here to save you/

Registration for this tournament is now open and available on the Challonge site: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/yjPGg6LHXX

As before, the Challonge brackets do not accurately reflect the scoreboard, which will be posted the same day the first challenge is announced. Players who do not sign up before the challenge date will not be allowed to entered the tournament - hence, the entire week is given as a grace period for signing up.

The Ancients (and Overlords) await your next move.

well WTF ? when i look in the challong it's not the score i see. And still, why making a body count winpoint in a round point tournament ? it's not logical... i'm not happy with that, all can understand why and it's not because i'm not first... (i had already asked the question before for the points but nobody gave me a reply...)

if you want to make a body count tournament so count all the round with the same rules because it's not reflecting the work of the competitors !

• Administrators

@Neanesis The Challonge site doesn't accurately reflect the official scores, unfortunately - I always stress this at the beginning of each challenge. Challonge only records wins and losses based on a 1v1 matchup, whereas the Google Sheet scoreboard actually tells you who got what score, and why they are in 1st/2nd/3rd. I am trying to find a medium that works without using the Elimination method, because I want all competitors to compete in every challenge instead of being picked off. Kinda sucks when you fail the 1st challenge and then gotta wait 4 more weeks to do another one, y'know? At least until the Olympics.

I do understand that using statistics like Kills seems very unbalanced, hence why I had it as the last challenge of the tournament instead of the first or even middle. You have to understand it this way: the No Man's Land challenge is very difficult in that most people do not break past 200 kills. So I went under the assumption that everyone would peak around 150 kills, but no less than 100 (which wouldn't change the points all too much).

Still, I see why it seems rather unfair and will amend the following tournaments to be consistent as such. Thank you for bringing that up to me, friendo...and apologies for the balancing issue! It will be fixed. :smile:

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Neanesis said:

@InfestLithium i wasn't talking about the win/lose rate, but the score himself, there is a mistake because he is at 131 point like me^^

Capture.PNG

Whoops! I must've read too fast at the scoreboard and inputted his into yours...no worries, will fix that now!

Edit: Looks like their site doesn't let me change past scores...oh well, it's already relfected in the scoreboard! I don't delete the months so you can reference to that if need be. :smile:

• Administrators
On 1/31/2017 at 5:57 AM, andydabeast said:

Still only 6 people signed up. Who else dare accept the challenge? ;-)

Also a question, will there be any challenges in IW? I don't own that but could prob buy, record the challenge, then refund before 2 hours is up lol. 

We definitely need more people! I capped the amount this time because basically only 13 people really did at least one challenge last tournament...I might increase it to 16 for sure this time and see where it takes us!

No IW Zombies in these tourneys, friendo. This is all strictly Treyarch only since the vast majority (if not all) have owned all of the Trilogy's Zombies at one point in time.

• Administrators

After reviewing a problem with the last challenge of January's tournament, we have made a score revision.

The results now show the correct scoreboard as of that month's tournament. Please scroll up to see the updated post.

Why the change?

As Neanesis had pointed out, there was an unfair scoring system with the No Man's Land challenge, which conflicted with the scoring style to the other challenges (which were round-based). The NML scores are updated with the following calculations:

407f32602d828c70a5028c21c647803f.png

You can see that the numbers of kills were scored as multiples of 10, where someone who has 140 kills would net 14 points, aka 14 "rounds" in NML. After careful updating and consideration, the rankings have changed. This means some people may have entered as a wildcard, which can heavily impact how they enter the Olympics.

We apologize for this incorrect previous scoring, and will be much more careful on the next upcoming challenges.

Happy slaying!

• Administrators
12 hours ago, mralways1 said:

If it's an odd number, just have him go against the average of all the participants for that challenge..... just an idea

That's gonna be the go-to, at least for Challonge. On the scoreboard, it won't exactly matter so much (since it's you vs. everyone haha).

• Administrators

The Apothicons have chosen your fate.

Challenge #1: Black Hole Sun

Mode: Powerless

Map: Shangri-la

Power: No

Description: 

The Ancients, both Keepers and Apothicons, derived from the same entity and spawned countless variations of unearthly creatures. Witness the horror in the forbidden jungle only known as Shangri-la.

The Apothicons have decided to seal your fate by transporting you into the desolate jungles of Shangri-la. Fight your way through the untold horrors and undead without the aid of power. May the Vril be with you.

Rules:

• Power is not allowed.
  • Quick Revive is not allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punch is not allowed.
  • All weapons (wall and Mystery Box) are okay.
  • The most number of rounds survived wins.

To keep track of participants, use this link to see each player standing. Although the current system on Challonge states that players will go up against one another, scores will actually be inputted based on highest round/score obtainable throughout each challenge. The stats on Challonge are not reflective of true scores - they are only to show how many participants have entered and what they scored in.

To see the true results of each tournament, use the following link(s) below:

Ancient Trials February 2017 Tournament

This spreadsheet will display each player's scores per challenge, and also include the Top 3 slayers of the monthly tournament. Use this as your reference for overall scoring, not the Challonge brackets.

The challenge will end February 11th at 11:59 pm PST. Once finished, the next challenge will be posted the following day alongside the results of the previous mission.

To submit your results, please click here to complete the submission form.

Happy slaying friendos, and may the Overlords guide you through the Aether!

The Apothicons have chosen your fate.

Challenge #1: Black Hole Sun

Mode: Powerless

Map: Shangri-la

Power: No

Description: 

The Ancients, both Keepers and Apothicons, derived from the same entity and spawned countless variations of unearthly creatures. Witness the horror in the forbidden jungle only known as Shangri-la.

The Apothicons have decided to seal your fate by transporting you into the desolate jungles of Shangri-la. Fight your way through the untold horrors and undead without the aid of power. May the Vril be with you.

Rules:

• Power is not allowed.
  • Quick Revive is not allowed.
  • Pack-a-Punch is not allowed.
  • All weapons (wall and Mystery Box) are okay.
  • The most number of rounds survived wins.

Let's say.....a monkey gives me quick revive. That score would still count, but as soon as the QR pops up on my screen, my attempt is final.
Right?

Archived