Found something interesting in Treyarch's "Nikolai_Memories" video I'd like to share. Around the 1:07 mark of the video you see something moving in the background that is not a Zombie. Just before we see this, quote Nikolai: 

I can no longer deny the possibility of an unseen power, a guiding hand helping us to fulfill our destiny.

After he says this the background fades back to the forest and pans to the right, and as this happens to can hear faint screech from the distance. He concludes with:

My path is chosen, our fate has sealed.

Before the video cuts to the scene, a figure of an animal is moving beyond the tree [on the right of the screen.] Here are what I believe are its horns, and if you look closely at its movement in the video, you'll see that it's an animal and its body, even the head.

DFJLdfF.jpg

RO6K9Fy.png

Understanding that this story has a lot of Norse mythology influences, I researched anything in its relation to Elk, Deer or Stag in the legends, and found something that has a surprisingly stellar comparison with Black Ops III. The legend of four red Deer named Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór arching their necks, gnawing & chomping on the branches of the The World Tree.  Why is this important and why the symbolism?

250px-AM_738_4to_stags_of_Yggdrasill.png

The particular tree their gnawing on (Yggdrasil) that is an immense mythical tree that connects the nine worlds in Norse cosmology, regarded to be at the center of their universe. And what do we know of Black Ops III that is not so dissimilar to this idea?

1a6bdecd70a4bab6e0e6d68623ce5d36.600x338

What do you think about this theory? I feel very certain that it's an Elk/stag in that video, if not it is something. I think I'm right in making this connection with Corvus and the frozen forest, etc. Especially during the time Nikolai talks about a 'guiding hand'.  See for yourself.

How far do you think this goes? If the unseen power are Stags, are we the Devils wolves?

• Like 3

I really do like that they are putting all these Norse mythological references in the story.

It'd be great if that was it, but for me, I'm honestly just seeing that it's a bush that is a part of the log or right behind it. Due to it's closeness, the way the camera moves and how dark it is, I can see why it looks odd.

However maybe I'm just seeing it wrong. :p

When you posted the stills and mentioned "horns" I also thought of a stag. That Norse mythology is very interesting, especially considering the apparent ties into the, "Frozen Forest" from the campaign. i'm not sure how they are going to tie it together, IF there is even anything to tie together at all.

Unfortunately, it seems as though what you saw in the video is actually a bush. After watching that portion, you notice from the way they move, whatever is causing the silhouette is in front of the tree, not behind it. Nevertheless, it is a good theory. I really am interested as to why we see a forest while in the menu and different shots each time we load into the menu after a game.

On 6/4/2016 at 0:26 PM, Doppelgänger said:

When you posted the stills and mentioned "horns" I also thought of a stag. That Norse mythology is very interesting, especially considering the apparent ties into the, "Frozen Forest" from the campaign. i'm not sure how they are going to tie it together, IF there is even anything to tie together at all.

Unfortunately, it seems as though what you saw in the video is actually a bush. After watching that portion, you notice from the way they move, whatever is causing the silhouette is in front of the tree, not behind it. Nevertheless, it is a good theory. I really am interested as to why we see a forest while in the menu and different shots each time we load into the menu after a game.

trump-smug.png