Anybody else miss BO2?

Gosh I can't believe later this year in November Black Ops 2 will be four years old already! Does anybody miss it? I still play it occasionally, but the community is pretty small now. It's really when I got into zombies! I played the other COD's, but BO2 was really the first COD where I sunk my teeth into the zombies mode, and multiplayer as well.

I also remember how blown away I was when Mob of the Dead came out! It's hard to believe MOTD has been out for over three years... I played that map like crazy! I don't think I've played a map as much as I played MOTD, or have become excited about a map as much as I was for MOTD.

I think BO3 is pretty good don't get me wrong but I've been pretty disappointed by the first two DLCs in my opinion. I always hear there is nothing like your first COD... I've been playing since WaW but mostly for the campaign, and multiplayer once in awhile, but damn BO2 was just awesome. I met so many good friends, great times, and awesome memories playing BO2!! I also enjoyed the zombies community, it wasn't as big on YouTube, and now it's just exploded since!

Edited by Kipstarjones187

I miss BO1 more than BO2, but that's mainly cause I played zombies so much during BO1 and for some reason most of the BO2 maps didn't appeal to me as well as BO1 zombies maps. BO2 had MOTD and Origins which i think are both in Top 5 zombie maps easily, but then the lack of good maps in general makes BO1 a bit better IMO.

Also what I miss is the simplicity and the feeling that all these side quests were optional. Now it's just all too tedious and every game you play in a certain map starts the same way... You wanna get things done in early rounds when it's easier, but it makes everything so tedious and boring ugh... Like getting the pack-a-punch in SOE or the bows in DE or ZNS the whole ******* map. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

I miss BO1 more than BO2, but that's mainly cause I played zombies so much during BO1 and for some reason most of the BO2 maps didn't appeal to me as well as BO1 zombies maps. BO2 had MOTD and Origins which i think are both in Top 5 zombie maps easily, but then the lack of good maps in general makes BO1 a bit better IMO.

Also what I miss is the simplicity and the feeling that all these side quests were optional. Now it's just all too tedious and every game you play in a certain map starts the same way... You wanna get things done in early rounds when it's easier, but it makes everything so tedious and boring ugh... Like getting the pack-a-punch in SOE or the bows in DE or ZNS the whole ******* map. 

I agree. I miss kino styled maps. Simplicity and ability to play with randoms without having too many expectations. 

2 minutes ago, way2g00d said:

I agree. I miss kino styled maps. Simplicity and ability to play with randoms without having too many expectations. 

This is something I must agree with. You just can't go in a BO3 map with randoms (The Giant being an exception). It really requires everyone to have a mic and understanding of the map mechanics and what they should do. In BO1 I used to play with randoms quite a lot, in BO2 not that much and in BO3 basically not at all. It would be cool to get a few remastered BO1 or even WAW maps in BO3 with gobblegums and such, just to have maps that are simple to pick up and play without having to think too much.

1 minute ago, jiipee95 said:

This is something I must agree with. You just can't go in a BO3 map with randoms (The Giant being an exception). It really requires everyone to have a mic and understanding of the map mechanics and what they should do. In BO1 I used to play with randoms quite a lot, in BO2 not that much and in BO3 basically not at all. It would be cool to get a few remastered BO1 or even WAW maps in BO3 with gobblegums and such, just to have maps that are simple to pick up and play without having to think too much.

That is why Giant remains my most played map, because I can just kick it with randoms and shoot zeds in the head with new weapons.

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Then play it! Buy an old console for 50€ and play WaW, BO1 and BO2. I dont have a next gen console or BO3. I still play the shit out of the good old games (not that BO3 isnt good, dont understand me wrong).

Good thing about playing on PC, you don't need to keep switching around consoles to play all your old games, it's all one one system :)

4 hours ago, anonymous said:

Then play it! Buy an old console for 50€ and play WaW, BO1 and BO2. I dont have a next gen console or BO3. I still play the shit out of the good old games (not that BO3 isnt good, dont understand me wrong).

I still have PS3 and BO! and BO2 on it. The problem is that for some reason those games lag like hell so it's not really enjoyable... 

If the problem is my PS3, getting a brand new one costs 200€ in my country at least and getting an used PS3 you might end up getting the same problem.

6 hours ago, way2g00d said:

That is why Giant remains my most played map, because I can just kick it with randoms and shoot zeds in the head with new weapons.

Same here I play The Giant more than any other map mostly for the simplicity, and being able to hop in a random game. I'd love to see Town, and Farm come to BO3 zombies. Extremely simple maps, but so much replayability.

It's so nice to see a topic like this with such positivity about BO2 and especially the Tranzit crew. I can't exactly say I miss BO2 because I still play WaW, BO1 and BO2 on PS3 but I do miss the Tranzit crew a lot because they were just so great and I hate to say it but they're better than what we've had in BO3, Misty and Marlton are my favorite characters in zombies obviously along with Dempsey and Takeo.

It's sad to think back to the BO2 days because people were just so horrible about the game and the characters which upset me, the characters were great and the voice actors did so well but everyone still complained which made the game feel unenjoyable, there were hardly any people who had a positive thing to say about zombies. Also I really miss MOTD a lot and I really want them to try and recreate the map because it will always be my favorite and it would be nice to play a new version or something that's similar.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
On ‎10‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 7:15 PM, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Good thing about playing on PC, you don't need to keep switching around consoles to play all your old games, it's all one one system :)

On ‎10‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 7:15 PM, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Absolutely true, but Im used to play it on console, so I keep play it there. But if you are used to it, PC is much usefuller to play all CODZ games.

22 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

I still have PS3 and BO! and BO2 on it. The problem is that for some reason those games lag like hell so it's not really enjoyable... 

If the problem is my PS3, getting a brand new one costs 200€ in my country at least and getting an used PS3 you might end up getting the same problem.

WaW and BO1 are fine on my console, but since I downloaded DLC's for BO2, it lags more. If you wait on the zombie main menu and zombie xbox life menu a minute, the lag is most of the times gone for me.

18 minutes ago, anonymous said:

WaW and BO1 are fine on my console, but since I downloaded DLC's for BO2, it lags more. If you wait on the zombie main menu and zombie xbox life menu a minute, the lag is most of the times gone for me.

Well i have to try that and maybe try to clear some space on my PS3 since I think the problem might be similar that I just have too much stuff in there. Also if I get a new ps3 it means that at least BO1 dlc is gone cause it was purchased with different account :/ The thing that suprises me most is that BO2 doesn't lag that much even Origins, but playing BO1 in Kino is almost "unbearable"... :D

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

Well i have to try that and maybe try to clear some space on my PS3 since I think the problem might be similar that I just have too much stuff in there. Also if I get a new ps3 it means that at least BO1 dlc is gone cause it was purchased with different account :/ The thing that suprises me most is that BO2 doesn't lag that much even Origins, but playing BO1 in Kino is almost "unbearable"... :D

Lol, it just opposite for me. BO1 is lagless, while BO2 (if I dont wait) lags like hell. Clear space indeed may help. And cant you first log in on the account of your BO1 DLC, then download it, and then log out and log in in your newer account. What DLC is it btw.

1 minute ago, anonymous said:

Lol, it just opposite for me. BO1 is lagless, while BO2 (if I dont wait) lags like hell. Clear space indeed may help. And cant you first log in on the account of your BO1 DLC, then download it, and then log out and log in in your newer account. What DLC is it btw.

I don't have access to the account anymore :D otherwise it would work... also all other DLC than the last one which I think is bought with my current account. Anyways have to try it out this weekend as I really want to revisit those BO1 maps :3