InfestLithium

Jason Blundell answers our questions [kinda]

InfestLithium    515

This topic is based on @MrRoflWaffles's interview with Jason Blundell on April 30th. In his video, Waffles asked Blundell several questions regarding Zombies from World at War to Black Ops 3 (mostly the latter) in an interesting lightning round game, where Blundell could choose to answer yes/no/pass. Most of the questions were very direct and the way Blundell reacts to them could easily determine a separate answer outside the ones he verbally says.

1. Are there any codes/ciphers we are yet to find in Black Ops 3? Yes.
  2.  Are the Origins characters human? Yes.
  3. Is the Mexican test subject's name Pablo Marinus? Yes.
  4. Do the Der Riese server passwords in Black Ops 1 terminal exist? Yes.
  5. Is Richtofen the bald man in the First Strike poster? No.
  6. Did the bald man in the First Strike poster come into contact with a radioactive beacon hence his baldness? Pass.
  7. Brock Russman? Pass.
  8. Are the alternative loading screens, such as the ones seen in DICE presentation and Comic Con trailer with the edited mail order form and Shangri-la sketches, canon? Yes.
  9. Is the Nuketown loading screen drill underwater? Pass.
  10. Have we ever played in Agartha? Pass.
  11. Are there any codes/ciphers we are yet to find in World at War? Yes.
  12. In Black Ops 1? Yes.
  13. In Black Ops 2? Yes.
  14. On January 4th, 1940, does RIchtofen teleport to Moon during the Black Ops 1 storyline for the FIRST time? Pass.
  15. Does this same date/event occur in the in Der Eisendrache's time period? Pass, and you'll never get the timeline from me.
  16. Was the Pablo mentioned in the Der Eisendrache's picture on Maxis' wall human? Yes.
  17. Is Soburo(?) Masaki Takeo's father? Pass.
  18. Does the Maxis in the Der Eisendrache universe know about the Moon base in Der Eisendrache? Yes.
  19. So there's a distinction between the knowledge of this Maxis versus the one in the Black Ops 1 story arc? Pass.
  20. Did we use the Summoning Key during the Moon easter egg? Pass.
  21. Is the Summoning Key thematically inspired by the silver egg by Kronos? Pass.
  22. Do we need to further investigate the significance of the water rocket in Shangri-la? No.
  23. Is Groph dead in the Der Eisendrache universe? Pass.
  24. Will we see more of the Ascension group? Yes.
  25. Do you take bets on how soon the easter eggs will get solved? Yes - friendly ones.
  26. Do you win often? I never won.
  27. Do the overlords mentioned by the Shadow Man control the Margwas (you can expand)? -long pause- Yes.
  28. Have we seen the full power of the Summoning Key? No.
  29. Will we see the full power of the Summoning Key? Pass.
  30. Will Dr. Monty's hidden agenda be revealed before DLC 4? Yes.
  31. Does the color of Element 115 change depending on which universe you're in? Pass.
  32. Is World War II ongoing during Der Eisendrache?  Yes.
  33. Will World War II be ongoing during the duration of Black Ops 3? Pass.
  34. Are the codes in Black Ops 3 double-ciphered? Yes.
  35. Have we solved any of your hard ciphers in Black Ops 3? I don't know actually. Pass.
  36. Have we found any of your impossible ciphers in Black Ops 3? I don't know again.
  37. Do you have a way of tracking the easter egg completion and time, like a statistic? No, we have our own statistic though.
  38. Are Denizens returning in Black Ops 3? No.
  39. Did you hear about Banana Colada? Yes.
  40. Is it a silly idea? [REDACTED]
  • Like 6

I swear that blinking of his is code.... 

He stares at one thing throughout all the questions.... 

He doesn't answer dynamically... 

He'd just have to fallow the lights being fed to him elsewhere... 

I wonder....

Rissole25    378
28 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

I swear that blinking of his is code.... 

He stares at one thing throughout all the questions.... 

He doesn't answer dynamically... 

He'd just have to fallow the lights being fed to him elsewhere... 

I wonder....

Man imagine if it really was though? That would be some serious dedication if he could master morse code through blinking.

And I'm kinda disappointed the whole water rocket thing shouldn't be explored anymore. The monkeys just going and shooting off? So odd.

I'm erring on his blinking just being a ruse or a misdirect. Given that there are pockets of this community that thinks everything is an Easter Egg, I wouldn't put it past him. Just think he did it as a way for us to work on deciphering something that isn't there to distract us from what's truly important, his answers. While they're all vague, a product of yes/no/pass, there's still a ton here that merits much more discussion than whether or not he's blinking us a message. Is blinking morse code, or a secret language if you will possible? Absolutely. Or is Jason Blundell the type to fuck with us? Even more so. I'm not discrediting the theory, I just think it's a reach. Spectacular interview though. Full marks @MrRoflWaffles !

• Like 1

Awards

Lenne    412
5 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Is Richtofen the bald man in the First Strike poster? No.

no? No? No? No?! NO?! NO?!?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! 

:question48: :surprise48: :shout48: :startle48: :fire48: :vomit48: :thirst48:

The f*ck?

I guess I owe @GRILL , @FatedTitan and other peeps an apology. haha

^^^^ Read for some vintage Lenne among other things like a weird guy named "kingsly zzissou". ;)

• Like 2

Smok3y    42

The most intriguing ones for me are :

1. Do the Der Riese server passwords in Black Ops 1 terminal exist? Yes.

and

1. Brock Russman? Pass.

I had not heard of this before.

7 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

Man imagine if it really was though? That would be some serious dedication if he could master morse code through blinking.

People on /r/CDz have claimed that he blinks "IAMTHEDOCTOR" broken up throughout the video, but I haven't had a chance to verify myself.

If true.. I give up, Jason has gone a step too far :rofl:

Also glad the video is suitably interesting to all of you; as I said in my description, this is my gift to the slightly more hardcore Zombies folks <3

• Like 8

TimelordAlex    52

I am the Doctor? - the Doctor Who theme? or Richtofens quote :L

• Like 1

jiipee95    35

The moment when you realize people here are trying to find secrets in Jasons blinking :D Anyways I really enjoyed both of the videos Mrroflwaffles made although some of the questions were from things I'd never heard before :D but I'm not a storyline fanatic anyways.

Awards

anonymous    327

Still ciphers to find in World at War? People checked all textures in that map. Treyarch must be really good in hiding things

• Like 1

Awards

jiipee95    35
45 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Still ciphers to find in World at War? People checked all textures in that map. Treyarch must be really good in hiding things

Not too long ago we found out the Character bio EE on WAW so they could be hidden in a similar way when you think about it.

• Like 1

Awards

FatedTitan    70
On 5/5/2016 at 2:20 AM, Lenne said:

no? No? No? No?! NO?! NO?!?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! NO?! 

:question48: :surprise48: :shout48: :startle48: :fire48: :vomit48: :thirst48:

The f*ck?

I guess I owe @GRILL , @FatedTitan and other peeps an apology. haha

^^^^ Read for some vintage Lenne among other things like a weird guy named "kingsly zzissou". ;)

You just have to believe! :)  

Yeah, I'm glad that this was officially confirmed.  He's the guy from the CoDZL trailer.  Now who he is, good question.  

The Der Riese server is what's gotten me now.  So confused.

Tac    462
On 5/8/2016 at 0:37 PM, jiipee95 said:

Not too long ago we found out the Character bio EE on WAW so they could be hidden in a similar way when you think about it.

Exactly. The precise phrasing was "codes and ciphers," which opens the door greatly on what could be included.

On 5/9/2016 at 10:10 PM, FatedTitan said:

You just have to believe! :)  

Yeah, I'm glad that this was officially confirmed.  He's the guy from the CoDZL trailer.  Now who he is, good question.  

The Der Riese server is what's gotten me now.  So confused.

I'm so torn on who I think it is. I want it to be someone bigger than the CoDZL person (unless it turns out to be someone huge I guess, like Porter, but still meh).

As for the server, my assumption is that it's embedded somewhere in the BO3 terminal, but who knows.

FatedTitan    70
On May 10, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Tac said:

Exactly. The precise phrasing was "codes and ciphers," which opens the door greatly on what could be included.

I'm so torn on who I think it is. I want it to be someone bigger than the CoDZL person (unless it turns out to be someone huge I guess, like Porter, but still meh).

As for the server, my assumption is that it's embedded somewhere in the BO3 terminal, but who knows.

But what if the CODZL guy is someone really important?

TheGoose-    1

I think the black ball from the moon Easter egg is the summoning key. You've gotta wonder if he even knows some of the answers that he passes on. 

Ref the first strike poster and bald cast member : I was considering that it could be another version of Tank (the bald fella in the poster) perhaps following the egg (where your hair falls out if you stand too close to the mast) on the Giant. Just something to muse upon - and to see if anyone can dismiss it with something obvious I've missed.

Slade    270

I get the feeling every time Jason doesn't know the answer to something he just says pass. Look at his face lol.

Even he's like wtf are you asking me.

On 5-5-2016 at 11:40 AM, Smok3y said:

The most intriguing ones for me are :

1. Do the Der Riese server passwords in Black Ops 1 terminal exist? Yes.

Sorry to break it to you but this is actually a lie on Jason's part (or he doesn't know any better). There are no passwords for the der riese server.

and

1. Brock Russman? Pass.

I had not heard of this before.

Again, Jason probably doesn't know this - hence the pass - but Brock's last name is actually Russman. It's never mentioned in-game but it's in the coding files of Shangri-La.

The most likely reason Jason doesn't know about this is because he wasn't involved with Zombies yet and Shangri-La was largely outsourced to Raven Software.

KlowniiN-    10

i feel like the "mathematical ciphers" Are the ones on the der riese chalk board. The last time i looked at them they were just labeled as "Some sort of equation" 

Edit: I think he talked about it in the Part one of his video

Edited by KlowniiN-

Tac    462
16 hours ago, Slade said:

I get the feeling every time Jason doesn't know the answer to something he just says pass. Look at his face lol.

Even he's like wtf are you asking me.

The only thing is that I believe all the questions were verified ahead of time, so Blundell knew every question going into the interview. Anything he answered yes or no on can likely be taken as him knowing what he's saying.