Infinite Warfare will have Zombies, EE Hunt Begins

Update:

During the live stream, devs from IW shared some info about zombies.  Specifically that it's a separate universe from 3arc & SH, and that it's not connected to campaign.  They also said that they love EE's, and will be incorporating them into the maps.

On top of that, they have also shared the first Infinite Warfare zombies related image - which apparently is an EE towards either the first map or mode:

isX5xHt.jpg

Cheers to @BlindBusDrivr for the photo.

and here is a higher def version:

gGLVTV6.png

OP:

According to CharlieIntel, Activison has confirmed that the co-op mode for Infinite Warfare will be zombies:

7c7fc9ef3d750be41454ce0a69049719.png

Playstation will still be getting DLC first, so this means another year of living in the dark a month after release (at least for us xboners).

Any thoughts on where IW will take zombies?

Edited by GRILL
  • Like 1

I always welcome a zombies game mode. Although Treyarch zombies is infinitely more better Exo Zombies, I still didn't mind it at all. If Infinity Ward some how finds a way to screw this up then I will consider this game a door stop. However if their zombie mode is amazing then I will consider it a step in the right direction to earning my trust back.

Still not a fan of the star wars look to it though :/ will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

During the live stream, devs shared this photo which apparently is an Easter egg towards zombies in Infinite Warfare:

isX5xHt.jpg

High definition:

gGLVTV6.png

Somethings to note:

- 19-ATVI-85: maybe the map takes place in the 80's?

- zombie sweatband: looks like the zombie is wearing an 80's style headband/sweatband.

- popcorn/film reel/pattern floor design: all point towards a movie theatre

- fire/person screaming in the background: really have no clue. Looks like Peppermint Patty from Peanuts.

Edited by GRILL
  • Like 1

Sadly, I don't trust IFW as far as I can throw them.... Not in space.... 

I DO NOT think this will go well, and I've got exo-zombies two in the back of my mind....  I think extinction, I think "survival" mode (MW3/AW), and I think "Nope".... 

Likewise, for expense reasons, I will not be buying this game. 

• Like 1

I still think is funny that Jesse Snyder, the creator of COD Zombies made Nacht Der Untoten & then left Treyarch to work at Infinite Ward. 

Yet most people hate their version of COD Zombies. 

Wasn't Activision created in 1985? (19-ACTI-85)

1 hour ago, PINNAZ said:

I still think is funny that Jesse Snyder, the creator of COD Zombies made Nacht Der Untoten & then left Treyarch to work at Infinite Ward. 

Why haven't I heard of this? This is one of the most hilarious pieces of trivia that I have seen regarding the actual staff behind CoD zombies. I guess if Snyder is behind the zombies mode in WaW then in Infinite Warefare, that must mean he might keep it on the ground and not include the exo-suits. At least that's what I hope, please no more exo jumping zombies haha.

Even though I didn't play it, I'm disappointed they've thrown away the Ghosts and Extinction storyline. They could've had a real potential to turn it into something great if they focused.

And I kinda annoyed it is Zombies again. I mean, if you're fan, great. But I feel like it's just too much. I think they should've done what CoD Online did and reskin them into Cyborgs just to differentiate it.

1 hour ago, Rissole25 said:

Even though I didn't play it, I'm disappointed they've thrown away the Ghosts and Extinction storyline. They could've had a real potential to turn it into something great if they focused.

And I kinda annoyed it is Zombies again. I mean, if you're fan, great. But I feel like it's just too much. I think they should've done what CoD Online did and reskin them into Cyborgs just to differentiate it.

The problem with Ghosts is that Infinity Ward was expecting the game to be a smash hit but ended up stumbling on its feet as it was mocked horrifically. The ending of Ghosts was definitely leaning towards a sequel but they didn't expect everyone to hate the game so much. I am actually glad they are not continuing on with Ghosts just because the campaign ended with a cliffhanger, it shows that they are somewhat learning from their mistakes. A lot of my friends enjoyed Extinction but to me it was repetitive and got real boring fast.

Lastly you should not judge the zombies mode until you have played it or have seen some footage of it. You never know, maybe the "zombies" that Infinity Ward are talking about are actually the Cyborgs but they want to surprise us lol. Except a reskin of the zombies wouldn't change the overall gameplay, as long as they keep the Treyarch formula and not the Sledgehammer formula then I am happy.

@Poyuma I get why Ghosts didn't get a sequel, but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth with it just being abandoned when it clearly had more to tell. Admittedly 3arc does this too, especially with Black Ops 2.

And I'm sure the Zombies mode will be fine. The gameplay isn't the problem for me though, it's just the concept of zombies again. From what I played of Exo Zombies, it wasn't bad. But the yellow eyes, dogs and power-ups just really made it seem like an imitation at times. I would hope IW would stay away from that route with the original comment. I just would've liked to have seen more variety between the 3rd modes from each series.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

And I'm sure the Zombies mode will be fine. The gameplay isn't the problem for me though, it's just the concept of zombies again

I kind of see what you mean. They did say however it is based from a seperate universe to Exo and 3arc so we might just get some unique sort of monster instead of the traditional yellow-eyed, screaming zombies. One can only hope :) 

• Like 1

Although I'm excited to see what they're up to, I still think they should have gone different way and leave zombies to Treyarch. I really liked the special ops missions in Modern Warfare 2 and I think they should have done that in infinite warfare too. I'm not saying the zombies mode they're making is going to be bad, but as I'm pretty sure that it's different from Treyarch zombies, I'm not gonna like it as much. But oh well... we'll just have to wait and see what's coming ;)

• Moderators

I actually enjoyed the first map of exo zombies.

So this may be good.

I will probably buy the game like a sheep because I want CoD4, but if the zombie mode turns out to be fun and has less annoying large scale "Easter eggs" I might enjoy infinite warfare as well.