IT EXISTS! Spider Bait weapon!

Spoilers about the whole map FYI!

Ok... 

For years there's been rumors of extra wonder weapons hidden in maps. 

In the BO1 days it was a monkey-bomb wall-buy up a ladder. 

In the BO2 days it was an upgraded Jet-gun. 

Earlier this Cod year it was the upgraded Apothicon's Servant. 

BUT GET THIS GUYS. THE SPIDER-BATE WONDER WEAPON IS REAL! 

Yeah! I know! 

Here's how you get it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Kill no Spiders in the Spider Round and Mesmerize them. One of them has a red Mist , keep it alive and kill all other Spiders.

2.Take this one now to the Purple Water , you'll see the spider drinking. After that you'll do the same with the Blue and Green Water.

3.Bring the Spider to the lowered cage at Lab A , it will go into it.

4.Get the Spider up and Melee the Pad with your Electric Shield,then lower the Cage.

5.After 2 rounds there will be a Spider round with only red Spiders,kill all of them.Watch out these Spiders are stronger than normal Spiders.

6.Go back to the Pad and you should get your Spider Bait from the Cocooned Spider like the KT4 Part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS AMAZING. 

Truly I thought this was IT for ZNS. No! I was wrong! 

Holy... I just can NOT get over this. I mean, just WOW. I'm flabbergasted. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so, the weapon it's self does this: 

The use of the weapon will cause your character to cocoon themselves in a web, keeping them safe from zombies. Meanwhile they control a spider outside of the cocoon, with the ability to shoot webs at zombies!

You DO appear to NOT be able to revive teammates however so THAT's  a problem. Likewise, you're stuck in a 3rd person view the whole time, and your time is limited. 

Many are speculating that using the spider bait weapon somehow allows one to continue the easter egg somehow... I doubt this, but maybe it can shed some light on other things?

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

For years there's been rumors of extra wonder weapons hidden in maps. 

In the BO1 days it was a monkey-bomb wall-buy up a ladder. 

In the BO2 days it was an upgraded Jet-gun. 

Were those true and if so, where do you find these? 

51 minutes ago, Koslans said:

Were those true and if so, where do you find these? 

I'm not so sure about the Monkey Bombs, but there was a fair amount of theories that suggested there was some way to bring the ladder down that was found in the power room on Kino Der Toten. As for the Jet Gun, there were people that believed the Jet Gun could be upgraded via the Pack a Punch or by Easter Egg steps.

All of these claims were false. Merely people hoping to find 5 minutes of fame by discovering an unknown Easter Egg.

Soooo keep calm boys keep calm...

Is that the end of the ee? Or can you do something as spider? Maybe get the part of the ee?(which you can get only with the gg?)

Edit:

Can you use traps as spider?

Can you go under water?

Can you get to any point in the map only as spider?(maybe a sideway in the tunnelsystems or the tunnel from the aa-gun to lap b)

Can you enter the boss room?

Do you drown if you use it under water? (Can you activate it under water?)

What happens if another player melee your cocoon?...

Questions...

Edited by Nieno69
2 hours ago, Tender_Nugget99 said:

There is a wall in the bunker that disappears when you Mesmerize it with the skull, it shows vines with some kind of heart thing  behind the vines.  I tried shooting it with everything with no luck.  Maybe something happens when you shoot it as a spider?  

That's how you get the friendly thrasher. To do so, you will need to have the Kt-4 or the massamune, the shoot the vines, and then a blue mist will appear. Bring a zombie into that and it will make a thrasher that will help you.

4 hours ago, Poyuma said:

So what happens when the Spider Bait is done? Does it come back next round? Do you have to re-earn it? Does it go into the Mystery Box? Either way this is pretty awesome.

Pretty sure it's once a round, but Max Ammo's can replenish it I think. So think of it more like a grenade I guess, except you have a max of 1 instead of 4.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Are there? I don't know because I don't have the map, but from memory and from footage I've seen I've yet to see tripmines or the wallbuy in ZNS.....

Yes - lab b is the wallbuy...

I'm pretty sure this ee wouldnt be solved that fast without looking in the coding...

And so i assume the main ee in d.e. and zns was found that way... i mean... how you actually solve the plant parts to get the aa bullet? 

That you need to get in the underground ok there is a poster which explains it...

Getting the ww and the skull and kill the spider - yeah easy stuff to figure out... but the upgraded kt4 and the aa bullet and the part with the walls and stuff with skull? 

Edited by Nieno69

Considering that the only way to even read the code is a complex process of extracting information from a PS4.... I'm going to go with data mining was NOT how the easter egg was solved. Even if they really wanted to. It was less then 24 hours before the easter egg was solved. They couldn't datamine that at THAT speed. 

It's more likely people just F** around with the mesmerize function all over the map after they saw what it did in the keeper's room. 

That's 50% of the easter egg right there: Just mesmerizing everything with the skull. 

Then they just started smacking things with the electric sheild, which we knew we could get from the achievements, and that's how they found the zipline in solo, then worked out how to do it in Co-Op. 

The AA bullet was likely luck. And the actual aircraft was pretty freaking obvious. 

And the last cog, gotten by "anywhere but here"ing was caught on footage to be luck. [

On 4/29/2016 at 11:03 AM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

That's how you get the friendly thrasher. To do so, you will need to have the Kt-4 or the massamune, the shoot the vines, and then a blue mist will appear. Bring a zombie into that and it will make a thrasher that will help you.

Cool thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

You need the skull - so you need points:

500 and 750 to get to first skull

500 and 750 to get the second skull

1000 + 1000 + 250 to get the third skull (zipline lab a) 

Again 1000 , 1000 , 1500, 1500 to get the 4th skull ... (lab b and way to bunker) 

Never tried to get into the bunker with the zipline and buy the door for 1500... maybe it works? So you safe points and dont have to open lab b

All without getting perks or weapons...

And then a you need a spiderround... so i dont think its possible before the second spiderround

On April 29, 2016 at 8:35 AM, Tender_Nugget99 said:

There is a wall in the bunker that disappears when you Mesmerize it with the skull, it shows vines with some kind of heart thing  behind the vines.  I tried shooting it with everything with no luck.  Maybe something happens when you shoot it as a spider?  

If your talking about what I think your talking about then there should be a spore in there and when a shoot it walk a zombie through and it should turn into a friendly thrasher.