Koslans

Monkeys on the wall for 10k points?

Doppelgänger    150

I'd have to strongly disagree. Basically because the sole reason people use the box currently is because of the Monkey Bombs. But also there is the fact that this would be incredibly overpowered and ruin the flow of the game as the main problem there is with Monkey Bombs is that they are in short supply and if you use them all, you have to play incredibly safe until you can collect a Max Ammo.

Koslans    39

I meant to put it as a single purchase wall-buy. Like claymores. You can't just keep buying them off the wall, forgot to mention that ;)

At the moment we have to run around the maps three times, or use the fantastic unbearable gumball. 
But overall we get the cymbal monkeys from the box if we really want to. It would just save some time trying to get them. 

I would get jugg and some more perks before I get the monkeys anyway.

Doppelgänger    150

Having the Monkey Bomb wall-buy would ruin the rush of trying to find the Monkey Bombs before the higher rounds. That's how I feel about it. I enjoy the challenge of not knowing how long it could take to get the Monkeys.

• Like 1

Spider    141
1 hour ago, Koslans said:

I meant to put it as a single purchase wall-buy. Like claymores. You can't just keep buying them off the wall, forgot to mention that ;)

No point tbh if it's a one time buy only, Mystery Box does that just depends on luck getting them.

Greer    9
4 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

No way. Wall weapons are supposed to be strategic, not fantastic. 

Couldn't have put it better myself

Awards

Koslans    39
18 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

No way. Wall weapons are supposed to be strategic, not fantastic. 

But.... wall weapons are always better than box weapons or buildables? 

How about 100 thousand for monkeys? It would strategically save time. 
Mind you, single buy only. After that you need a max ammo like always. 

P.S. I'm up for putting it in a custom map instead ;)
Hopefully the mod tools will be easy to use.

Doppelgänger    150
13 minutes ago, Koslans said:

But.... wall weapons are always better than box weapons or buildables? 

How about 100 thousand for monkeys? It would strategically save time. 
Mind you, single buy only. After that you need a max ammo like always. 

P.S. I'm up for putting it in a custom map instead ;)
Hopefully the mod tools will be easy to use.

Wall weapons were never supposed to be as powerful as they were today. It is the exact reason we have the Mystery Box.

As for the idea for a high price, that seems a little ridiculous. Especially since it's a once off purchase, which @Doctor Richtofen mentioned is pointless when you consider that is exactly what happens when you purchase them from the box. The higher price makes it almost a useless purchase when you think about how many points you need to normally put forward to retrieve them from the box. There's always the chance that you pick them up after the first, second or third spin. That's 950, 1900 and 2850 points respectively. Taking that in mind, it makes the 100K wall-buy redundant. 

• Like 2

Koslans    39
14 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Wall weapons were never supposed to be as powerful as they were today. It is the exact reason we have the Mystery Box.

There's always the chance that you pick them up after the first, second or third spin. That's 950, 1900 and 2850 points respectively. Taking that in mind, it makes the 100K wall-buy redundant. 

As opposed of what we have expected, the wallguns seem to be so powerful. 
The new mystery box doesn't have a zeuscannon, or a wavegun, or anything really. 

But, back to the monkeys. 
I would pay 100 grand just save time on roll the box for X minutes each game. 
Leaving a zombie alive, or 24 of them. Running around till you get dizzy..... 
Often resulting in trying again a few rounds later when you have points again. 

- - - - - -  - - 

New idea: 

Fire sale gives you cymbal monkeys from the box. Want guns? Pay up the cash like you normally would. 
I mean, if you need guns from a fire sale, you did spend you cash on something you shouldn't have bought, right? 
I assume you have 500 points for the M14, or whatever they sell you these days.

jiipee95    35

No... just no... I mean if they did put Cymbal Monkeys on the wall they could just remove the mystery box in the same update...

The mystery box should be a gamble to get either the best or the worst weapons in the game. At the moment it doesn't offer anything that's significantly better than the wall weapons and cymbal monkeys are the only thing in the box that makes you want to buy it. As for putting a ridiculous price like 100k points is also stupid cause is it worth so much points after all? I mean yeah you can get out of trouble and revive team mates with the help of the monkeys, but you also have gobblegums that help on those things. I'm suprised no one has suggested that players should be able to pick up classes before the game starts so they could have everything set up on the beginning of the game...

8 minutes ago, Koslans said:

New idea: 

Fire sale gives you cymbal monkeys from the box. Want guns? Pay up the cash like you normally would. 
I mean, if you need guns from a fire sale, you did spend you cash on something you shouldn't have bought, right? 
I assume you have 500 points for the M14, or whatever they sell you these days.

But why? Why would you give Cymbal Monkeys for free if you get fire sale power up? You already get 4 basically free rolls on the box and you might get those or you might get something else.

• Like 1

Awards

Koslans    39
Just now, jiipee95 said:

No... just no... I mean if they did put Cymbal Monkeys on the wall they could just remove the mystery box in the same update...

But why? Why would you give Cymbal Monkeys for free if you get fire sale power up? You already get 4 basically free rolls on the box and you might get those or you might get something else.

Like I would even notice that the box was removed from the game. 

For the cymbal monkeys from the fire sale, you would have to roll the box of course, and they you get them. 
So, if you run out of time, you run out of luck. 

The reason I just came up with this branfart, is because fire sales are pretty rare as well.
The difference with rolling the box normally is the you know when you will get them. 
Just like buying them for 100k.

jiipee95    35
Just now, Koslans said:

Like I would even notice that the box was removed from the game. 

For the cymbal monkeys from the fire sale, you would have to roll the box of course, and they you get them. 
So, if you run out of time, you run out of luck. 

The reason I just came up with this branfart, is because fire sales are pretty rare as well.
The difference with rolling the box normally is the you know when you will get them. 
Just like buying them for 100k.

Yeah fire sales are rare but we have the fire sale gobblegum... And I also even don't use the box if I'm going for a high round... Sometimes I want to level up some box weapons that's when I use it but the Box appears to give out wall weapons too quite frequently which is an annoyance in that matter. And if you make the box go from "you might get what you want" to "you know what you gonna get" it kinda loses it's whole idea of randomness...

• Like 2

Awards

NaBrZHunter    488

@Doppelgänger and @jiipee95 said it. Wall weapons should not be as powerful as they are today. Of course, they will be more powerful than SOME weapons you receive from the box, i.e., an MP-40 can be bought off the wall, but also from the box, and is more powerful than a Dragonov, which can also come in the box. However, guns like the Galil, RPK, HK21, the Aug, Spaz-12, Commando, and even the Famas were too powerful to be wall weapons. So, no. Under no circumstances would I want monkeys to be on the wall.