Stop Mocking Me0

Debate Thread: Who is M?

ETenYeR.png

A-CHI BE-TKAH JO BE-TKAH AH-LOSZ AH-JAH MOASI DZEH YEH-HES A-KEH-DI-GLINI DZEH LHA-CHA-EH BE-TKAH WOL-LA-CHEE TSAH NE-AHS-JAH THAN-ZIE AH-JAH GAH BE-TKAH A-WOH NE-AHS-JAH TSAH-AS-ZIH BE-TKAH CLA-GI-AIH TLO-CHIN KLESH THAN-ZIE DZEH LHA-CHA-EH BE-TKAH BE-GHA BE-TKAH TSIN-TLITI

"I have received another toy posted by M"

The letter M. 

That's all that is known about the mysterious figure roaming about in the events of Black ops 3....

Some think he's important, others think he's just there to bamboozle the community. 

But whomever this M-Person is, they're not telling us... 

Today, it's up to YOU to decide who M is according to the information provided.

---------------------------------------------------------

There is not a lot known about this M... He/She has no first name, or any other known name... 

What we do know is that this person has met samantha, and delivered a letter to somebody in Shadows of Evil... 

Here are the top 3 candidates. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Rapt

Otherwise presumed to be the Shadow man, however I believe I can prove this to NOT be M. 

A cipher found in "Der Eisendrache" depicts this message: 

"I MEET THE REPORTER WHO WAS TO DELIVER THE ARTIFACT. HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO BRING IT ON HIS TRUCK IN A CRATE. BUT WHEN I ARRIVED,THE REPORTER WAS BABBLING, AND ACTING WILDLY, WAVING A LETTER IN HIS HAND TELLING ME TO STAY AWAY. THE CRATE CONTAINING THE ARTIFACT HAD BEEN SEALED WITH SOME ANCIENT MAGIC. WHEN I TOLD HIM I MUST HAVE THE ARTIFACT AND MOVED TOWARD THE CRATE, HE ATTACKED ME. I ACTED IN SELF-DEFENSE STABBING HIM IN THE CHEST."

The reporter was sent around the world to collect the artifacts needed for the summoning key, which is then trapped in a crate in a truck in Shadows of Evil. It has been PRESUMED up to this point that this "Mr. Rapt" is the Shadow man in disguise. Likewise, it appears he has other minions around. However IF Mr. Rapt is the Shadow man, he would surely prefer to have the Summoning key in his possession, it would only make sense to want to have the most powerful artifact in this or any dimension, PARTICULARLY considering what he does with it over the course of SOE. 

If that is the case, Mr. Rapt/Shadow man/M would not give the reporter the letter as depicted in the note that would send the man into a crazy hysterical episode. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maxis

Yes, the mysterious face-less scientist. The main thing pointing HIM being "M" is that his name begins with an M. Aside from that, it IS possible that he would send the letter to the reporter to keep the summoning key from the apothicon overlord's servant.

Of course, there's also the Idea that Maxis is actually Mr. Rapt. If THIS were the case, maxis would have sent the reporter to do his dirty work, then Richtofen would have left the cipher in Der Eisendrache after killing the reporter. However if THIS were the case, who would have sent the letter? This makes it look like the Shadow man did it to keep the summoning key in this domain. 

What doesn't make sense is why Samantha, his daughter, would refer to him as "M" instead of "Daddy" or something... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Monty

The grand Master of sodas and Gum. The Willy-Wonka of perks and Pop-shocks. 
This is the 3rd contestant for the roll of M. To be honest it makes the most sense as well.

We know that Monty was recently introduced, and judging by his unique monopoly on all things perk-a-cola in all known dimensions AND his affiliation with the summoning key, he is vital to the story. 

It's possible that Monty is trying to procure the summoning key for himself, or himself and the rest of 935, but we know he wants that key for SOMETHING by this blueprint of his.

4D3yNk2.jpg

However, Monty is a name that should be loved by kids, as he makes sugary fun for them, so while it makes more sense then Maxis, there still is a bit of a flaw behind Samantha referring to him as "M".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as a Recap: 

If Mr. Rapt is the Shadow man, then he ISN'T M. 

If Mr. Rapt is maxis, then M is likely the Shadow man. 

If Monty is involved with any of it, he's a 3rd player out for the key himself. 

Here is MY personal theory, but it's a bit less grounded then others.

Spoiler

Before I disclose whom I think M is, I should first explain that there are a LOT of similarities between the zombies story mode and a very famous show  called "Lost". Numerous religious, scientific, and philosophical paradoxes are forged on the show, but are eventually somewhat explained, similar to zombies. 

And likewise there are a couple of characters in this show I feel are directly correlated to two characters we know of from the zombies storyline. 

So with that, please reveal the second spoiler. 

Spoiler

I believe that M, is actually none other, 

then Marelton Johnson AND Abigail "Misty" Barrington

9c4242f9dcc475a1f7caadc94d3225ca_1024.pn

As I said, it's pretty groundless. But then again, look at these two compared to THESE two from Lost: 

Daniel Faraday, and Charlotte Staples Lewis.

250px-Daniel_faraday.JPG

danchar.jpg

As you can see, the resemblance is almost uncanny. Perhaps Misty doesn't fit as well, but Marelton DEFINITELY resembles Dr. Daniel Faraday from Lost. 

However the story of Faraday and Charlotte is the MOST intriguing. 

Please be warned the rest of this theory contains SPOILERS from Lost Season 4 and onwards

Spoiler

In lost, Faraday used to be a scientist from Oxford College who experimented with time travel.

In his research, he was one day approached by a supposed lunatic known as Desmond Hume. However, as Faraday soon discovered, Desmond was ACTUALLY swapping contentiousness with his FUTURE self aboard a freighter ship outside the mysterious "Island". 

With both Faradays help, both the one in Oxford, and his future self aboard the boat, Desmond is able to discover that his exposure to the island for such a long time is causing this, and then solves the problem. However, it's from this that Faraday is able to conclude that Desmond, much like the Origins Crew and Richtofen, can break the laws of time. "The rules don't apply to you" being his exact words. 

Later on, Charlotte and Faraday as well as many others are subject to the island's whims when a Man Known as Ben Linus tries to "Move" the island using a somewhat mystical wheel at the bottom of a well which triggers it's time-traveling properties. I speculate Ben Linus is a parallel to Maxis, for various reasons.

Long story short, the time travel properties of the island start spinning out of control. Soon, Faraday and Co. are constantly jumping around in time, and it's slowly starts to take a toll on the group. Eventually, after enough "Movements"' through time, Charlotte is killed by these effects. 

The real kicker however, is what happens shortly after when John Locke (Aka resident badass) manages to fix the wheel, and time stabilizes around the group in the 1970s during the occupation of the Dharma initiative. (Kinda like group 935)

Faraday and the rest of his group are then stuck in that time and end up setting things in motion themselves. 

To make things even more interesting the many characters that I draw parallel to the Origins characters (Tank-->Jack, Sawyer-->Nikolai, Jin--->Takeo, and then Richtofen is Desmond but he's not there, BUT HE IS VITAL) also end up back in that time setting their own things in motion as well. 

If this is parallel to the zombies story, then it's entirely possible that Maxis (Linus)'s effects in the future cause Marelton (M) to start changing things in the past like they do. I suspect that like Faraday Marelton has a small group to help him as well.

If this is the case,their first goal would be: WTF how do we fix/get back to the future? 

Of course, who better to have the answers to this then Dr. Maxis's journal it's self which is in stuhlinger's possession. 

Seeing that Marelton is likely the only one Smart enough to infiltrate the group with his knowledge of future technology, it's probable that HE would meet samantha under the alias "M" and would later go on to warn the reporter of what Marelton PRESUMES is the rise of Richtofen and Maxis into what would later destroy the world.  It's also possible Stuhlinger and Russman could have played some sort of more Key roll in getting advice and info from the keepers, and it's possible that Russman would eventually show the PAP from buried to 935 making HIM the old blacksmith in the west, but I don't really have enough to theorize on that yet.

Like I said, it's pretty groundless, but I like it.

Either way, discuss: WHO IS THE MYSTERIOUS M? 

• Like 1

AlphaOmega    42

I think there isn't enough info here to make a full case or theory. Yes, we could hypothesize about it for days without end but I feel like that will only tangle up the web.

As I see it, for now, there is some other force at work here. It isn't Maxis, The Shadow Man, or even Monty. Honestly, we should look at one important thought:

How do we know 'M' is someone who begins with the letter M? Whose to say that 'M' is just a placeholder for a different name? Just food for thought. 

Something that i've been wondering since SoE that no one has ever clued in on is one of the Shadowman's Quotes: "Your dimension will be absorbed just as mine was". This was a cut quote, or at least, I haven't heard the shadow man say it. Its interesting when looking at who the shadow man could really be. 

Tac    462

Great thoughts @AlphaOmega, and I agree. I really want to sit down and try to figure out who M is, but we really just don't have enough to go on yet. I think this one is a waiting game.

JJMFP    54

Recieving a "toy" could be mystery box related and makes me think it is Dr. Monty.  He acts as a 007 "Q" like character giving us neat little "toys" to complete our "Secret" missions.  We are the Sean Connery of Zombie Apocalypse destructions.

• Like 1

Awards

Castun50    16

I think that is  a great thought! What i wish @MrRoflWaffles had asked is if we are ever going to see the N4 again. Would have been a great question! I do have to agree though there is not enough info to support this. BUT what if lost was what inspired BO3 story? CRAZYNESS! I would watch lost again (watched all seasons 3 times now and own them all on box set) so I know where your coming from however it is one hell of a thought! :skull:

Awards

Castun50    16

i made a post already cause it was to weird. but let me post one of the thoughts here on this post as well so all can dive into it.

http://i.imgur.com/URO40sG.png?1

Who remembers this? In one of the "ads" it talks about a pocket personal teleporter as well as an xenon belt. Now could the Pentagon theif be Mr. M after all we only saw him in one map however he had some of these items (my opinion on closer inspection of the thiefs model.) as well as equations almost as if he was figuring stuff out like we see on the scraps of paper from SoE.

refer  to this old post for full break down of items on image:

Now here is the model : 

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/callofduty/images/f/f5/Thief.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110420212517

notice the red numbers, the specs, (xray goggles?) the very interesting thing on his stomach and or belt (pocket teleporter?) also if you get the chance to look at the model from other perspectives his bag has a group 935 logo on it. On the left hand side of the jacket you can see the illuminati symbole as well. It is said if you see the doc from the side his eyes are glowing yellow. Yet he does not act like a normal zombie. I think this odd person could actually be our Dr Monty. Obviously a little different per universe though but following the charactors never the less. Could also explain this: Nacht_der_Untote_Loading_Screen.jpg

Just wanted to throw this out there and go a little more in depth on the reasoning

Awards