JJMFP

Will All Maps Be Available In BO3???

All Map DLC?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will Treyarch Release a DLC With All Maps On One Platform?

• Yes
    • No

JJMFP    54

Do you think that, since this is the supposed end of the franchise, Treyarch will release all zombie maps on one platform?

Awards

There is no evidence this is "The end" of the franchise. Don't get sucked into Reddit, they're almost ALWAYS wrong about this sort of thing. 

And... No.. We will not be getting all DLC back on one console anytime soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few old maps remade somewhere down the line. I doubt we would get all of them though. As for the franchise ending with BO3, that is complete nonsense. Whoever suggested that is very much misinformed.

JJMFP    54

I have yet to see a franchise go passed 3.

Call of Duty 1,2,& 3

Modern Warfare 1,2,& 3

Black OPs 1,2, & 3

I guess you could technically call World at War part of Black ops but for name sake, they seem to come in three's.

Usually the need for something fresh and new reimagines the franshise at around this time.  Could be a 4th, and personally, I would love it, but history shows change.

Awards

46 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

Call of Duty 1,2,& 3

Modern Warfare 1,2,& 3

Black OPs 1,2, & 3

I guess you could technically call World at War part of Black ops but for name sake, they seem to come in three's.

Usually the need for something fresh and new reimagines the franshise at around this time.  Could be a 4th, and personally, I would love it, but history shows change.

I for one would NOT mind a Black ops 4, as long as between BO3 and the next treyarch game we get an old-school game. 

I'm all for a futuristic COD, but I feel the community would like it better if IFW or SHG made an old-school WW2 era shooter. I don't want the next treyarch game to be WW2 era however, because I REALLY like the futuristic elements brought into zombies like wall running, with the zombies taking place in a WW2 era with guns from a futuristic era, maybe with some older guns thrown in the mix as well. 

Simply put, and given the hints the next game in COD will be in space, I think the franchise should go like this: 

Space-warfare-----> WW2 era ----> Hybrid era (old and new) for the best effect. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, zombies SHOULD persist through it. Even if this story arc ends and the next game is a diffrent arc, I feel zombies should still be there. And why wouldn't it? It's the cash cow that keeps Treyarch on top. 

And back to the point, there's no profit right now in bringing back the maps. I'll admit it'd be cool to play all the maps in servers that arn't full of hackers, and maybe some gamemode maps with some LD wagers on maps we've yet to see Greif in. 

But that's a BIG project to tackle and given the Mod tool release, I don't think treyarch are all too concerned about building this in the next 3 years....

Ragdo11706    363
1 hour ago, JJMFP said:

Call of Duty 1,2,& 3

Modern Warfare 1,2,& 3

Black OPs 1,2, & 3

Well by that logic Treyarch  would release W@W II & III. Which would just so happen to line up nicely with Ghosts II & III as well as Advanced Warfare II & III.

________

Personally I feel the final DLC will consist of 4 Remastered Zombie Maps along with the Final Chapter for the O4/NO4 characters.

If you look at the Map selection screen, there is an awful lot of blank black space below Der Eisendrache. I would like to believe once its all said and done, a vast majority of this will be full.

Doppelgänger    150

Who says that the next Treyarch Call of Duty won't be a new IP. Let's be completely honest though, the campaign in Black Ops 3 didn't have much to do lore-wise with the previous installments of the series. I believe there was one mention of Raul Menendez and that was it. Black Ops 1, to me at least, was the only game in the series that felt like Black Ops.

As for the zombies, I'm torn on the idea of having the older maps remastered. The new graphics in this game looks incredibly sharp and smooth which completely takes away from the grittiness that World At War and Black Ops 1 was renowned for. On the other hand, having a HD version of the old classic maps, as well as the maps from Black Ops 1 would be absolutely amazing. I'm still hoping for Activision to let Microsoft bring back Black Ops 1 through backwards compatibility.

• Like 2

Rissole25    378

Not for a while I don't think. I really do think Kino der Toten will at least be remastered for Black Ops 4/CoD 2018 though.

5 hours ago, Rissole25 said:

Not for a while I don't think. I really do think Kino der Toten will at least be remastered for Black Ops 4/CoD 2018 though.

TBH I think KDT is the most likely candidate for a remaster in BO3 IF we ever get another one (which is unlikely). 

JJMFP    54

@Stop Mocking Me0

The future looks bright.  I would love to see a spin-off with a new title.  Imagine this:

Some time in the future, the element known as 115's origin are discovered through space travel.  Experiments are done after accidentally stumbling on little evidence of the pasts trials.  Somehow, even though Dr. Richtofen did his best to destroy all evidence of group 935 and Div9's efforts, a small fragment of the past seeps through.  Element 115 is once again the research for weaponized soldiers to combat the ever growing mechanical super-soldiers of the future.  Different planets and space staitions and even a post apocalyptic future earth is the setting for the maps.  New planets open new horizions for test subjects such as the ones we see in Zetsubou No Shima.  There will be little nods to the original zombies here and there, but for the most part, this is an entirely new story with new characters and a new and powerful evil controlling the zombies.  It could play well with Norse Gods or other deities.  Think future and the sky is the limit. (Pun Intended)

So, what do you think???

JJMFP

Awards

7 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

@Stop Mocking Me0

The future looks bright.  I would love to see a spin-off with a new title.  Imagine this:

Some time in the future, the element known as 115's origin are discovered through space travel.  Experiments are done after accidentally stumbling on little evidence of the pasts trials.  Somehow, even though Dr. Richtofen did his best to destroy all evidence of group 935 and Div9's efforts, a small fragment of the past seeps through.  Element 115 is once again the research for weaponized soldiers to combat the ever growing mechanical super-soldiers of the future.  Different planets and space staitions and even a post apocalyptic future earth is the setting for the maps.  New planets open new horizions for test subjects such as the ones we see in Zetsubou No Shima.  There will be little nods to the original zombies here and there, but for the most part, this is an entirely new story with new characters and a new and powerful evil controlling the zombies.  It could play well with Norse Gods or other deities.  Think future and the sky is the limit. (Pun Intended)

So, what do you think???

JJMFP

I feel the "progression into space" bit is ah... Not the direction zombies should take. I actually see this being the plot of extinction (or somewhat close to it) in Ghosts 2. 

5 hours ago, JJMFP said:

@Stop Mocking Me0

So, what do you think???

JJMFP

This sounds like a pretty cool idea but I would feel like all the other maps would be kind of pointless if something like this would happen because what would be the point of trying to stop it all for it just to happen again, plus it would feel wrong leaving the old characters behind forever because I already hate that we left the tranzit crew and leaving the original crew would suck even more. I guess I just think zombies should end with them and shouldn't carry on without them.

Awards

The Meh    75
On 4/24/2016 at 1:58 PM, JJMFP said:

Do you think that, since this is the supposed end of the franchise, Treyarch will release all zombie maps on one platform?

While I do believe this may be the end of Zombies as a story (specifically Zombies - "the franchise" refers to CoD entirely, which I hope you didn't mean intentionally, because... let's face it, Activision's gonna milk CoD dry until the company dies with it), I can't say I see them releasing every single map they ever made for the mode onto the game.

Looking at it in perspective, I do want to see them release a DLC where fan-favorite maps return from BO1/BO2 (mainly BO1). If we look back, I think it's safe to say everyone was in love with Rezzurection as a DLC to end the season for Black Ops 1, and the entire game had some great maps (notably, Ascension, Kino, COTD and Moon, out of my own opinion). Treyarch/Activision deciding to do that again would be very interesting and... quite frankly, awesome. But every single map? It just can't happen.

The consoles Black Ops III is mainly sold on have limitations to their hardware. Each company that makes a game that runs on that hardware has to abide and know these limitations. Why do you think they stopped porting the new weapons from AW (mostly just the weapons pre-Blunderbuss and such didn't make it) over to last-gen? Hardware limited them to do even that. Why do you think Black Ops III is APPALLING on the Xbox 360? Hardware limitations. My point is, while the Xbox One/PS4 look like pure gold and run just swell [insert "Xbox One server issues" joke here], they have limitations. Having all the maps from previous games, while awesome in concept, just aren't entirely possible in reality. They would most likely have to sacrifice something to even have them all run (like... all their damn Supply Drop weapons, for example).

Plus, why ALL the maps? Why would they want that? Treyarch knows their fans and their demographic. Treyarch KNOWS that people hated maps like, say... TranZit, Die Rise, Buried... among others. Why bring back maps that are mostly panned by the community? Added, they are making maps that seem oddly similar in aspect to some we may have seen before (honestly, Moon and DE give off the same atmosphere... as do ZNS and SNN... I can only imagine what DLC 3/4 would be like...).
And... bring back Der Riese? They already did that. So... the real question there is, why?

The real questions we would have to ask as to this are "how, what, and why". The community will want maps they loved to return, the company would need to keep themselves under their hardware's limitations, and... nobody would want maps they hate. In asking if "all maps should return", one must consider these types of things.

I'll be entirely honest: I don't entirely disagree - I do think some maps should return.

Just... not all of them.

The Meh    75

Actually... scratch that.

In terms of all maps on Black Ops 3... not exactly (refer to what I already said).

In terms of a Zombies-only game... GO WILD.

Edited by The Meh

58 minutes ago, The Meh said:

Actually... scratch that.

In terms of all maps on Black Ops 3... not exactly (refer to what I already said).

In terms of a Zombies-only game... GO WILD.

That requires time and effort, not to mention it'd have to be sold alongside a different COD because like it or not, there will always be camp. and multiplayer aspects in every COD game.

Doppelgänger    150
4 hours ago, The Meh said:

The consoles Black Ops III is mainly sold on have limitations to their hardware. Each company that makes a game that runs on that hardware has to abide and know these limitations. Why do you think they stopped porting the new weapons from AW (mostly just the weapons pre-Blunderbuss and such didn't make it) over to last-gen? Hardware limited them to do even that. Why do you think Black Ops III is APPALLING on the Xbox 360? Hardware limitations. My point is, while the Xbox One/PS4 look like pure gold and run just swell [insert "Xbox One server issues" joke here], they have limitations. Having all the maps from previous games, while awesome in concept, just aren't entirely possible in reality. They would most likely have to sacrifice something to even have them all run (like... all their damn Supply Drop weapons, for example).

I don't understand what you mean by "hardware limitations". There is no problem with the limitations of the hardware in regards to having more maps, as all of the maps aren't loaded at once when you start the game, so there is no problem in having more than 6 maps in the game. The only problem there is having enough space on your hard drive to be able to download the maps onto.

• Like 1

JJMFP    54
On 4/25/2016 at 4:32 PM, Your Dearest Sailor said:

This sounds like a pretty cool idea but I would feel like all the other maps would be kind of pointless if something like this would happen because what would be the point of trying to stop it all for it just to happen again, plus it would feel wrong leaving the old characters behind forever because I already hate that we left the tranzit crew and leaving the original crew would suck even more. I guess I just think zombies should end with them and shouldn't carry on without them.

I think that we could infiltrate the characters back into the franchise as that one off map with different characters.  But think about this, we are traveling primarily in a set of times.  We really have not seen the reprocussions of all of this on the future.  There is always room to repeat the past.

Awards

Poyuma    14

I would say the possibility of a remaster of the old CODs which would contain the old zombies maps could happen. If you were talking about all the maps being released on Black Ops 3 then I would highly doubt it.

I want to believe that there will be a remake of one fan-favourite zombie map that they would bring to Black Ops 3 if Treyarch decides to be cool haha.

• Like 1

I wish they would release an all zombies dlc after the season pass is complete and have it as a separate DLC but before they make it they could do a survey or something and ask the community the 4 zombies maps they would like back in BO3, it seems like a fair way and I wouldn't mind paying for it. Also people need to stop asking for zombies to take up a multiplayer space because I want those maps.

Edited by Your Dearest Sailor

Awards

jiipee95    35
20 minutes ago, Your Dearest Sailor said:

I wish they would release an all zombies dlc after the season pass is complete and have it as a separate DLC but before they make it they could do a survey or something and ask the community the 4 zombies maps they would like back in BO3, it seems like a fair way and I wouldn't mind paying for it. Also people need to stop asking for zombies to take up a multiplayer space because I want those maps.

Yeah that would be great. I don't think we need a survey cause BO2 maps probably wouldn't be featured anyways and from BO1 they could release either all 4 DLC maps (Ascension, Call Of The Dead, Shangri-La, Moon), or replace Ascension with Kino Der Toten cause Ascension is too easy and boring :P

And as I have started playing multiplayer too because BO3 multiplayer is awesome :D it's also nice to get new MP map, so I agree with you on that one :)

Awards

The Meh    75
On 4/26/2016 at 10:06 PM, Doppelgänger said:

I don't understand what you mean by "hardware limitations". There is no problem with the limitations of the hardware in regards to having more maps, as all of the maps aren't loaded at once when you start the game, so there is no problem in having more than 6 maps in the game. The only problem there is having enough space on your hard drive to be able to download the maps onto.

It doesn't matter if they aren't loaded in immediately. They are files in the game stored as memory, and each one strains what they can do on said hardware.

If you still don't understand, play BOIII on the 360/PS3, then tell me what you think I meant.

• Like 1

Just because the Black Ops series may end, why does that mean Zombies has to end? Zombies has it's own story line, it's in no way tied to Black Ops games. It currently only appears in Black Ops games because they're made by Treyarch, who own the rights to Zombies. Given that Zombies is likely to continue on to the next game, no, I'd say it's pretty much a certainty that Treyarch won't be remaking all the maps. I do live in hope of a stand-alone Zombies game in which all maps will be remade for the game as well as a host of new ones, but that's just a pipe-dream right now.

1 hour ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Just because the Black Ops series may end, why does that mean Zombies has to end? Zombies has it's own story line, it's in no way tied to Black Ops games. It currently only appears in Black Ops games because they're made by Treyarch, who own the rights to Zombies. Given that Zombies is likely to continue on to the next game, no, I'd say it's pretty much a certainty that Treyarch won't be remaking all the maps. I do live in hope of a stand-alone Zombies game in which all maps will be remade for the game as well as a host of new ones, but that's just a pipe-dream right now.

Holy sh.....

You don't think IWF is replacing it do you? :O 

Nah, jk. THAT's not happening on my watch...

Poyuma    14
4 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

You don't think IWF is replacing it do you? :O 

Don't say it...

DONT EVEN FUCKING THINK IT! hahahaha