I'm not really sure if theres a topic about this already, I searched so i'm guessing there isn't one, i'm just not sure.

Icarus has appeared in 3/4 zombies map so far in this game which I think is kind of weird so I wanted a place to get some ideas on what's happening and what it could mean.

The Giant: 

icarus2.png 

Shadows Of Evil:

icarus1.png 

Zetsubou No Shima:

icarus3.pngicarus4.png

Things that relate to Mob of the dead seem to be a running theme in zombies recently with the blood vials and Icarus, so I think these means something strange is happening. I think the plane showing up is more than just the plane being displaced in time because why would the game have things from Mob of the dead mentioned if it was just meant nothing.. Theres 2 more maps left and I think we can all agree that we're unsure on what one of them will be since the other has to be something to do with Nikolai, so the other map could be something to do with all of this (not saying a MOTD remake but I wouldn't oppose) I'm just unsure on what all this means and I wanted others opinions.

Awards

If there IS a MOTD remake, it'd not star the MOTD characters... And thus it would only be logical that it would star the Origins characters.. But then how would they turn on the power and such? Yeah I doubt there will be a re-make. 

However, it's clear that the plane is important to something... Maybe we have to go to hell and that's how we get out?

JJMFP    54
46 minutes ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

If there IS a MOTD remake, it'd not star the MOTD characters... And thus it would only be logical that it would star the Origins characters.. But then how would they turn on the power and such? Yeah I doubt there will be a re-make. 

However, it's clear that the plane is important to something... Maybe we have to go to hell and that's how we get out?

I think you are on to something here.  We know that there is room for four on the Icarus.  This maybe the escape plan that the Origin 4 use to escape the final step of this multidimensional conflict.  After all, the plane itself has proved to span time and space as well as dimensions.

I think you are on the right train of thought here.

Awards

29 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

I think you are on to something here.  We know that there is room for four on the Icarus.  This maybe the escape plan that the Origin 4 use to escape the final step of this multidimensional conflict.  After all, the plane itself has proved to span time and space as well as dimensions.

I think you are on the right train of thought here.

Better yet: How about this?

Stalingrad, is actually set in hell. It's the most treacherous place we have to endure, but we do eventually get to the test subject. However, Nikolai is NOT the test subject we thought, it's his brother, the real Nikolai is not part of the ritual as was previously expected. 

In hell, we're constantly met with the adversity of all of the grand-evil's minions, including the 3 dragon heads we see in Der Eisendrache, which are the failed test subjects of Div. 9's experimentation with Dragons.  In order to escape this place, the 4 commandeer the same plane used in MOTD for weasel to escape hell. It then manages to escape across time and space flying past Zetsubou, Shadows, and eventually lands at the giant, where Richtofen enacts the ritual, and something goes wrong.... 

Thoughts on this?  

• Like 2

JJMFP    54

Interesting....

This would suggest that the rituals and the future is happening as we are playing.  The O4 are looking down on their past exploits on their flight to the Giant.  This would also cause for a LOOP!!!!!!!!!!! where they continue the cycle forever!  

JUST LIKE MOTD

:414:

Awards

anonymous    325

But the nO4's journey began at Origins. Why dont we see Icarus there?

Awards

8 minutes ago, anonymous said:

But the nO4's journey began at Origins. Why dont we see Icarus there?

Because the ritual didn't begin in Origins, the ritual began at the giant, with the first sacrifice. 

There's no need to traverse back to Origins...

Ragdo11706    363

@Stop Mocking Me0

That would be F*****G insane. Wouldn't that finally explain the Shadow Portrait in Kino, it was Nikis  brother all along.

Me personally, I believe the "Insurance Policy" is the NO4 go to MotD to "Break the Cycle".

One thing that's really bothering me is why have multiple people have claimed to hear voices coming from the plane when it's flying overhead in SOE? This means that the plane is obviously not just flying around on it's own but with people on it, but when people say 'voices' that means that the cycle hasn't been broken in MOTD because if it had then we would only hear one voice which would be Weasel. So my questions are, How are they all still on the plane but not doing the cycle? We see the plane has landed in The Giant, so where did they go from there? What happened to them?

Awards

JJMFP    54

One theory told to me on this forum I believe was that the weasle escaped and was captured and experimented on, leaving the Icarus at the Giant.  It could be possible that Richtofen uses the Icarus to escape the ending cut of the giant, after all eastereggs are completed.  Since we already no that it has been seen in multiple times and universes, it would be safe to say that the O4 use it to travel, overlooking all there past exploits on their way back in time.  Maybe they are hearing themselves in the future, flying over head to the end.  

Alternate Version:

"M" Is using the Icarus to transport the team to their respective locations and you see him flying off from dropping them off.

Awards

1 hour ago, JJMFP said:

One theory told to me on this forum I believe was that the weasle escaped and was captured and experimented on, leaving the Icarus at the Giant.  It could be possible that Richtofen uses the Icarus to escape the ending cut of the giant, after all eastereggs are completed.  Since we already no that it has been seen in multiple times and universes, it would be safe to say that the O4 use it to travel, overlooking all there past exploits on their way back in time.  Maybe they are hearing themselves in the future, flying over head to the end.  

Alternate Version:

"M" Is using the Icarus to transport the team to their respective locations and you see him flying off from dropping them off.

Well the weasel IS dead. Make no mistake about that. I doubt even 935 could just capture a... Oh right the soul canisters....

Koslans    39
On 30-4-2016 at 1:06 AM, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Well the weasel IS dead. Make no mistake about that. I doubt even 935 could just capture a... Oh right the soul canisters....

He is for sure? How can you tell? 

Btw, did the cycle break or continue? I forgot.

Greer    9

In my post on this topic, I highlighted the fact that Icarus only appears on SoE after the Apothicons arrive to destroy that mini universe or whatever it was. Originally, I thought that the Shadow Man summoned the Apothicons through the Summoning Key, but as Blundell mentioned, we haven't seen it summon anything yet so that isn't what happened. So there must be some relevance between Icarus and the Apothicons. Possibly the Apothicons inhabitted hell alongside the crazy version of Alcatraz?

I thought I'd edit in a further idea I'd like to get people thinking about. What if SoE and MotD occur simultaneously? 

We know that both sets of characters were taken to an alternate version of where they were, and presumably in a separate universe, but what if these events happen at the same time within this universe? I currently don't remember the exact dates of both SoE and MotD, however I know they did not happen at the same time. That time however is only measured by the earth that they were taken from, so when the 8 characters are placed in this pocket dimension, the two playable events could occur simultaneously, to a certain point at least.

As we see, the Icarus flies over when the Apothicons are set out on that dimension. This could mean that the Apothicons entering this universe is a factor that the demonic presence controlling MotD didn't account for, and it could then break the cycle. This could happen as the Icarus is in flight, and it could lead to an altered flight path rather than them hitting the bridge, thus leading to the multiple voices being heard when they fly over SoE. How the Icarus then manages to leave this dimension and make it to ZNS and ultimately end up in The Giant is somewhat beyond me, however I did have another crackpot theory that somewhat contradicts this theory, but also answers a few other questions such as how it makes it to these locations 

Edited by Greer
To further explain and theorise from what had initially been said
  • Like 1

Awards

I don't think they literally use the plane to teleport, but I think Icarus may probably be far more linked to "Richtofen" than anything.

Our characters were, at first, on the Giant, whence Icarus could be found crashed onto the roof, alright.

But if the characters didn't use the portals since then, it's highly possible that they went all the way from Der Riese's facility to the Griffin's castle by their own.

The fact is that their plan was to use the Giant Robot to track Dempsey 1.0, and even though we can see Icarus in ZnS, I remain conviced that they used a portal to go to the island.

In SoE, well, he was watching over all the scenery, at least he knew what was happening. Is he Rapt, or the Kronorium helped, or someone else informed him? He's not alone after all, but whatever. Still, he knew what was to happen/what was happening here. After all he just kind of totally showed up just after we (SoE characters) sealed the Shadow's Man into the Summoning Key, and Rickyricky used a portal to pop up, hence the apparition of Icarus in this "theory".

I think that there is Icarus each time someone uses the portals, or something like that. Like this insurance policy Ed was talking about, as he always carry these blood vials around, which have been assumed to be relate to at least two of the mobsters with the obvious numbering written onto those.

More precisely, I think that this is the doings of Richtofen that "summons" Icarus, like if this was a way for him to "assure" something, or like the "side effect" of these 'doings', time travel/safety, after all he shows up at SoE and it was there, they showed up in The Giant and it was there (yes, he used a simple teleporter, but the others didn't, as it has been clearly said by Dempsey himself at the beginning of the game that he "jumped" ; plus I would have another explanation about them to follow this reasoning), if DE happens in the same dimension as The Giant, it probably doesn't "need" to be "there", or is not meant to be there "twice", therefore assuming that ZnS happens in a different dimension.

As for where it would be in Origins, well... Most likely a reason similiar to the DE's one.

After all "... MAXIS, HAVE YOU FOUND THE SPACE-TIME COORDINATES FOR THE OTHER INDIVIDUALS I ASKED YOU FOR... ITS IMPERATIVE THAT WE FIND THEM AS WELL... YOU MUST TRUST ME ON THIS... FOR MY PLAN TO WORK, WE NEED THEIR BLOOD" ; 'he' did imply that the blood of 'some' individuals are needed for 'this' person's plan to work. We can assume that this was from Richtofen... But actually, it may be "this someone else", such as the man who knocked at the door / M / etc. Then it could just... completely be a/the way to enable them to teleport through time and space without the use of the teleporters... Well, whatever.
That's just a simple theory about the blood vials/Icarus amongst all the others, there's plenty.

And plenty others that may contradict all the others.

The game is, so far, far too confusing and in disharmony between all the mysteries and the things we can confirm in proportion, right now, we can't do anything else other than theorizing...