MOTD 4 in MP 3 !?

Their are a chain of events that must be set in motion Richtofen says, wesel keeps saying Nikolai, I think in MP3 the motd crew return to capture Nikolai's soul. Than Richtofen pops up and takes it like he did in shadows. I also think the giant is going to be able to teleport us to 3 maps, because the teleporters supposedly go to 3 country's. I also believe they are going to throw Ascension, Shang Ri La, COTD, and Moon in the last map pack and we're going to play as the O4 in COTD instead of them being trapped in the room. Just some therories I have what do you guys think!? 

I hope they add the maps from BO1 in the final dlc like they did with BO1 and the WaW maps. The BO1 maps were some of my favorite maps. I was behind on getting the last two maps so I never got to play those much but I would love to get a chance to play them.

1 hour ago, Pskgusky said:

I hope they add the maps from BO1 in the final dlc like they did with BO1 and the WaW maps. The BO1 maps were some of my favorite maps. I was behind on getting the last two maps so I never got to play those much but I would love to get a chance to play them.

You really think they're going to re-create COTD, Ascension, Shangri-la, or Moon? 

I think the most likely candidates are Kino, and Nacht

Richtofen's quote at the end of the Easter Egg in Zetsubou No Shima

Spoiler

Tank Dempsey: Three down, one to go. Guess that's you next Nikolai.
Dr. Edward Richtofen: Nein, there is something else we must do. There is a chain of events that must be set in motion.

This is eluding to a map that progresses the story line but does not include killing Nikolai.  

I think Nikolai will be the last DLC map and killing Nikolai will only be a step to the easter egg, rather than being the easter egg.

Quote courtesy of @Tac

1 hour ago, JJMFP said:

Richtofen's quote at the end of the Easter Egg in Zetsubou No Shima

Hide contents

Tank Dempsey: Three down, one to go. Guess that's you next Nikolai.
Dr. Edward Richtofen: Nein, there is something else we must do. There is a chain of events that must be set in motion.

This is eluding to a map that progresses the story line but does not include killing Nikolai.  

I think Nikolai will be the last DLC map and killing Nikolai will only be a step to the easter egg, rather than being the easter egg.

Quote courtesy of @Tac

People are kinda on the bar about that.. On ONE hand, what you said, it's alluding to a map that's not killing Nikolai. 

On the OTHER hand we DO teleport out of the map and get some blood vials. So THAT could be the "something else" we must do. 

PERSONALLY, I'm in the "Let's not kill Nikolai in the next map" wagon. 

Imagine doing the cross-map easter egg has two endings: One where they go ahead with the ritual, it fails, and the world is doomed, but by doing the easter egg in Map Pack 3, we get a different, much better ending.

1 hour ago, Your Dearest Sailor said:

Sorry for the dumb question but what exactly are the reasons for them never coming back? Kind of sucks that it wouldn't come back because MOTD is my favorite map.

TBH it's stupid in general. 

There are PLENTY of videos on the internet explaining how copy-right works and such things, but the problem here is that the MOTD characters are modeled after the likeliness of the 4 stars.  LEGALLY, to use them again would either require a massive recuperation of all 4 actors, activision, as well as treyarch to put this together, which sadly will never happen.  

8 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

There are PLENTY of videos on the internet explaining how copy-right works and such things, but the problem here is that the MOTD characters are modeled after the likeliness of the 4 stars.  LEGALLY, to use them again would either require a massive recuperation of all 4 actors, activision, as well as treyarch to put this together, which sadly will never happen.  

Well I know how copyright works but the way you described it as being impossible and not really stating what the reasons are i was thinking some kind of drama went down with the map but I was wrong. Also it's not impossible to get the characters back because cod doesn't have a hard time getting actors in for the games, if the actors said yes before then they would most likely say yes again. I think it would definitely possible for them to get the actors back because who would turn down an easy acting job?

Edited by Your Dearest Sailor
  • Like 1
  • Administrators
17 hours ago, Stop Mocking Me0 said:

Why would it never happen? I know people on Reddit are saying it's for legal reasons but as stated above, that doesn't make much sense. No, I don't think they're coming back, but I don't think the legality plays any part.

Further to the point @Tac makes. It's not a legal issue. The characters are a part of Treyarchs IP, so copyright has nothing to do with it. The only legality involved would be using the actors likenesses with out consent, which I doubt Treyarch would do. Why it's unlikely all 4 would return is the availability of the actors and the cost of booking them. While I wouldn't rule out the possibility 1 or 2 of them might return as a cameo, the chances of all 4 are very slim. If Treyarch wanted to use existing assets from MOTD for flashbacks, then they'd have to pay for the likenesses. It's not in any way a copyright or trademark issue. Seeing as Treyarch holds both, it wouldn't make sense.